Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innocuous car

Innocuous car

ok so it's not working for me to be out dressed in my truck lol, gets way too much attention!! I about died... It is my first time in public, went to the bank and got to gender therapist early and sitting in truck parked outside, when I start hearing chit chatter about my setup... It is a cool offroad rig, and manly as all get out. Needless to say I ended up talking to the guys about my rooftop tent setup from the window... What sucked is when the one dude said by he said 'thanks man'. Ugh!!!!

Aspiring Member
    Not a lot of us think about things like that until it happens. Especially if you're in a smaller community or drive something really over the top. If I could afford it, I'd keep a stealth car for outings, a plain-vanilla Corolla or something that looks like countless other cars (and like something a woman would drive). The burdens we bear...

Yes, it happens to me too. My daily driver is a very recognizable 44-year-old classic, the only one in my town. Not much opportunity to hide, either, as those older cars put the driver in what is essentially a tall glass display case! I still take it once a week to therapy, but other than that we drive Mimi's more modern car.

I find you just need to be you!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Hell-o Rockhyde,
    I drive a pretty recognizable truck myself, and am always a bit worried
    when out driving. I'm sure I've passed a neighbor, or someone I know, on the road before.
    So far no one has asked "who was that driving your truck the other day?"
    Another drawback is finding a parking spot that it will fit into. They are usually
    A lot further away from wherever I'm wanting to go. Which means a lot longer of a walk across that
    parking lot, or down a sidewalk.
    Oh well.... When your out there, ya gotta own it! No one really cares anyway.

That "thanks man" remark sucks, lucky for you, you were on your way to the therapist!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I figured there would be more in the same boat... Well, car. Once I have the talk with my wife, i will try and borrow her mazdaspeed3 since it looks pretty benign. Kristyn, looks like you are local I'm in the South Bay.

Banned Read only
    Ahh, the old out(ed) in the car dilemma! I drive a pretty noticeable sports car in the summer but it has run flats on it, at least if I get a flat I can always play my favorite tune while out "locking the doors... rolling up the windows... driving away at break neck speed!" 😛

I could totally rock a jacked up 4x4 with dual stacks and lift kit though...I'd just tape up the oh so classy 'truck nuts' under the bumper so they don't show, stick some 'eye lashes' on the head lights, and stick on some big rear fenders to widen the rear end (it works for me 😉 )

Have the same problem here. I've got my 1 ton diesel truck, although it's pretty inconspicuous, but not very girly. I also have two other cars that everyone in town know it's me. So if I go out it's either in my wife's cuv or my daughter's car when she's away at school. Got to have a generic girls night out car!

Reality Check
    That is something you might consider the next time you buy a vehicle. Unique vehicles (or personalized tags) don't go well with crossdressing on the sly. Buy a generic Toyota or Chevy. Beige.

Funny how important things in our lives can inadvertently conflict. When I bought a new car this spring, I didn't really think about how few of that particular model, in that particular colour, exist in these parts. The car might draw the attention of the odd person due to those facts, but it's not a particularly sexy, sporty, unique, or macho model. I really like the car, so if it becomes an "identifier" guess I'll just have to "own it."

Gotta agree with Krisi about the personalized plates though, no sense in advertising unless you want attention. Well either that, or simply don't give a damn.

Karen

I have both a 4x4 and a wagon.

Both could present as all male but this chick drives them too. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    SO ! riding on my Honda Goldwing is a stand out thing,, I am just Glad it is not a Harley ....
    JoanAz

Bumper sticker here in Colorado "Silly boys, trucks are for girls." You would be amazed how many ranch wives or wives/GFs of offroaders there are here. Maybe not in El Lay but I bet there are many in Dallas
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Personally I love my 03 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II. I can rock it enfemme! Some states women with 4wd trucked are revered and highly sought after. . Maybe so much so as to overlook the fact they aren't genetic women! Lol

I drive a 3/4 ton diesel. It is not the most girlish vehicle but I see a lot of girls driving pickups here.

No worries here, a little slouching in my v6 RAV4 and I could maybe be just another soccer mom
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Bumper sticker here in Colorado "Silly boys, trucks are for girls." You would be amazed how many ranch wives or wives/GFs of offroaders there are here. Maybe not in El Lay but I bet there are many in Dallas

Bingo there are tons of rock crawler girls here! My jeep sits on 1 tons n 40's
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Maybe not in El Lay but I bet there are many in Dallas
    No, there are quite a few people driving around the mean streets of L.A. in jacked-up 4x4s and Hummers. It's almost a cliche that an H2 will be driven by a blonde soccer mom.

Now if those folks driving condos could just learn to park!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I luv my Ford FX4 but I admit I was more comfortable out in my old Accord when dressed. Maybe I'll feel more comfortable in my '66 Chevelle???? vrroomm
    Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / Music is the best - FZ (Except of course for Dressing)

Silver Member
    I love being a blonde in a red truck. As long as I obey traffic laws and practice courteous and defensive driving, my truck is quit innocuous. The fact that there are at least a few of the same model and color about, and I removed the company name from the windshield, it is now even fairly Inconspicuous too, which keeps my secret one day longer!

Aspiring Member
    I'm in the same boat so to speak, my primary vehicle is a super cab 3/4 ton pickup truck. That is the main reason I don't go out as much as I would like to. It is the reason I don't don't go to support meeting as it is hard to find a parking space.

Tinted windows anyone? Obviously, it doesn't completely disguise you, especially if it's sunny and they're next to you at a stoplight... But even on the brightest day, nobody could really see you clearly if you were more than 20 feet away. And at night, you'll be almost completely indistguishable to everyone.

Lol! Love your sense of humor Karren!

My work truck has a custom rack so it is hard to mistake for another, I drive all over and not uncommon to see someone I know,
    Few years ago I was living @ 4 hours from my SO, and picked up a little 2 seater from my neighbor to " commute ", my SO thought it was such a girl car, she got me a "Chicks Rule" key fob.

Please tell me we don't need a special vehicle in addition to the clothes. This hobby is getting so expensive!