Thread: Sigh..... dissapointed

Sigh..... dissapointed

Today was supposed to be a "Camille day" at a local hotel. I plan these every few months, usually with a new outfit or two already purchased and much anticipation for a whole day to dress. This time was unique in that I was going to shave my legs for the first time. With the cold weather here and swimming behind me, I felt it was a good time to try doing so. I've been excited for months, and even set a goal of losing some additional weight by today (which I did!).

But last night as I was preparing and I realized something. Just 3 days ago we planned an impromptu vacation to Phoenix (for a week from now) to surprise my daughter. And the big thing at the hotel? And endless river pool that circles the property, which we will undoubtedly spend hours in. I did not want to be walking around in my swimming trunks with stubbly legs, trying to explain to my inquisitive 5 year old why daddy had shaved his normally hairy legs (which she would be happy to tell all her friends about). And though my wife knows I'm doing this, she's not thrilled about it. I had hoped to not display it to her until at least a few weeks of growth had passed to get past the awkward stubbly phase.

So I had to change plans. Luckily the hotel only charged me a modest fee to move my reservation to Dec 4. So all is not lost. But I'm feeling very a major let down from all the giddy excitement I'd been feeling, and am not thrilled to be going into work (I need to save my precious few vacation days).

That's all. Just needed to vent.

<3
    Camille

Its still good that you are able to switch and have your Camille day in December! We all need a day to ourselves...

You'll probably enjoy the 4th Dec even more as the anticipation will have built up even further!

Solution to shaved legs - get a bike. All cyclists shave their legs - it's de rigueur!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    As you said all is not lost.LOL
    All good things are worth waiting for.

I've shaved my legs (badly), I'm not out to my wife, but she hasn't noticed... yet! oh..... and I have a bike but not sure that excuse will work :/

Cyclists and swimmers! Gotta reduce the drag, y'know.

Reality Check
    Tights will hide the unshaven legs.

Chin up, Camille. You'll probably enjoy the 4th all the more because of the delay.

Frustrating when all your best laid plans go astray.

Oh well build up expectation for the next event.

Enjoy that endless pool in the meantime. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Cyclists and swimmers! Gotta reduce the drag, y'know.
    And not to be a snob or anything, but what's wrong with drag?

Oh the shaved leg debate. Worried about that earlier this year, but I've noticed other random guys with no leg hair, and especially scuba divers (lIke me now!). I gave up caring about it, and now I can't bear to let it get past a few days, unless I'm planning to wax. But you gotta do what's right for you. Do yourself a favor though, and use Aveeno Positively Smooth.

I understand completely... I don't have children or a wife, but I do know that the winter months are typically the best for dressing because you can shave all of the time and keep them shaven. As a single guy that dates, I can't really planning very far ahead when my next date will be with and how far it might go,... At least far enough ahead that would give the hair on my legs enough time to grow back anyways. being shaved completely hair free is sometimes a major hassle for our regular lives.

Luckily, I'm not a really hairy guy. The only place I really have it on my body is on my armpits and legs...and it's really not that much. Even if I went months without shaving or trimming them at all, at full growth, the skin of my legs is still very visible. I don't even really have hairy arms either. I'm also lucky in that my hair is very fair and light. Regardless, I still manscape pretty closely as I believe every guy should. You could do what I do during the summer when I know I'll be wearing shorts a lot... I use the mustache and beard trimmer for my regular manscaping and add on the plastic extender and run that over my calves where it thins the hair down even more so it's still noticeable In shorts, but in a pair of dark hose, it would be almost invisible. You could at least shave your legs completely above the knee where you're swim trunks would be covering and just trim down the areas from the knee down that would be exposed. Trust me, I know it's not the same, but it's still something where you get a small taste of it.

The only other way you're gonna be able to get away with being completely hair free is if you hit the gym REALLY hard and become a muscle guy. They're about the only ones who can shave down quickly and get away with it. Of course, then you're going to look a bit less femme why you do dress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't understand at all, Camille! U cancelled because u were worried about shaving your legs!?

Nothing stops me from a long planned and anticipated Sherry event! I could bore u to death with stories of wearing casts and back braces out.

So, was this really all about dressing or shaving your legs?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    And not to be a snob or anything, but what's wrong with drag?
    I'm glad someone was the Laurel to my Hardy!

The positive side is you get to spend time with your daughter. She won't be 5 much longer and those years go by so fast! You can always dress.

I totally agree with Karen. I usually only get to dress 4-5 times a year, but I wouldn't trade the time with my wife and kids for anything.

Coming from someone who just shaved their legs for the first time, trust the wait will be worthy. Make sure you have a nice light flowy skirt and pray for a breeze!!!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Dont be so worried about having shaved legs. I have had mine shaved for a few years now. Key is if some one asks, change the subject and within no time at all no one will care. My kids mentioned it once and I blew it off, no one else ever said anything. It is more common than you may realize. Being hairy is kind of a thing of the past for alot of men.
    Erica

I've kept my legs shaved for years now. Nobody notices or cares. I suspect that once you stop worrying about it, it will become a non-issue for you as well.

Hi Camille:

I had the same anxiety when I first shaved my legs, but I have to tell you very honestly: No one notices and no one cares.

It's been a couple years with smooth legs for me and in that time, one person has noticed - my oldest kid. I had a reply ready about running the Tough Mudder and needing smooth legs for it, but now I'm 100 percent comfortable saying, "I don't like leg hair." That should do it.

Your body hair = your choice. It's no biggie.

BTW - I'm in Phoenix. Any Camille time when you're here?

-------------------------

Edit - I responded without reading what others were saying, and after doing so, I want to underscore this:

Your body hair = your choice.

When you embrace that idea, it changes. If you don't like leg hair, get rid of it. If anyone asks (they won't), it's as simple as that: I really hate leg hair so I got rid of it. It's that simple.
    Last edited by TinaZ; 11-20-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Part of my weight loss plan in the last year included increased activity and i took up road biking. I joked with my SO that I was one of two bicyclist that did NOT have shaved legs at a recent ride. Maybe all bicyclist are CDers too? LOL I don't think so.. I know I'm sicking with this hobby till they quit shaving their legs!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

This reminds me of a few ago when I shaved my entire body for a photoshoot one fall. A few weeks later, we we went to a birthday party held at a hotel's pool. I was very nervous, especially about the shaved arm pits, and tried to keep my shirt on most of the time. Of course, my kids insisted I get in the pool with them, so off came the shirt. I tried to keep my arms at my sides as much as possible. If anybody noticed I was shaved, they didn't say anything. And as far as I know, no one pulled my wife aside to ask what was up with my hairless body either. Sorry this hurt your plans, but shaving may not have been as big of a deal as you think...

Shaved legs these days aren't that big an issue. Aside from your five year old who won't even think much of it, no one else will really give a hoot. Mine have been shaved shaved for 25 years. There were a few stints of time where i didn't, basic training in the military, when i first met my wife. Other than that i have kept them shaved. My mother ridiculed me at first, dad stood up for me. What a sjock. My sister, the snob of fit in the box, she used to poke fun regularly. So i combat her by just wearing pants.
    One thing i can't stand on me any way is all that excessive body hair that had no purpose. I found my body is cleaner, smells better and feels better as well with out all that extra rough stuff.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Gone to live my life
    Hi Camille,

Sorry to hear about your plans but family time . . . precious. Here is to Dec 4th and some great Camille time.

Cheers

Marcelle