Thread: Treating yourself once in a while.

Treating yourself once in a while.

Today I went shopping for some hosiery. I bought several pairs of tights/pantyhose for between £4.50 - £6.00 a pair, but I then also decided to treat myself to a £17.00 pair of Wolford's. Y'know, just because I'd been good. I will only wear these sparingly, as if set aside for best occasions (even though I only dress in the home)

Does anybody else do the same sort of thing with clothing, make-up etc, where you have stuff which is just for best, even though you never go out?

Charlotte, I do much the same way as you, but many/most time I buy things or treat myself to makeovers, pedicures and such, just because. I try to do different things or switch up in ways so it tops what I did last. I want the best bang for the buck so to speak. It is all good and if it makes us happy....we deserve it, because we are not a favored lot of people.

I treat myself to luxury items now and then, it always gets worn eventually, even if it does take a year.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    In the old days when I only wore things for 15 minutes at home for pics, I could buy any old crappy thing. Pin it up if it didn't fit. Hide the spots. Cover the tear with my arm. Etc, etc.

Now that I wear things out, everything has changed. I have to buy things that actually fit and have no visible defects!

However, I still rarely wear things more than once. That gets expensive if u don't shop carefully!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi C, I've never spent more then £5 on tights before, I bet those Wolford ones are lovely, but I know what you mean, I've got a few dresses that would never be worn outside and are for best. Enjoy yourself, we all deserve it!!

Hello Michelle,

They are worth the money, because my legs look AMAZING in them. Still gonna wear in moderation, though.

Get some!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    Charlotte, I do much the same way as you, but many/most time I buy things or treat myself to makeovers, pedicures and such, just because. I try to do different things or switch up in ways so it tops what I did last. I want the best bang for the buck so to speak. It is all good and if it makes us happy....we deserve it, because we are not a favored lot of people.
    I hear what you're saying Amy.

Don't tempt me C, you know what I'm like for shopping!!

I bought a new garter belt and girdle. Along with a new hockey stick! Love playing a game who's gear has feminine lingerie names! Lol.

Platinum Member
    Hi Charlotte , We all deserve a little special treatment sometimes. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm not sure what the ratio is between pounds and dollars but I have been known (by myself), to splurge on new wigs, accessories, lingerie, a dress or skirt, or a different shade of makeup. Most of my splurges can run anywhere from $10.00 to fifty or sixty dollars.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I usually stick to sales and lower priced items. But every once in a while I'll treat myself to a dress or an outfit in the $75-100 range, just because a girl's got to have some nice new clothes once in a while. I always buy my clothes with the intention of wearing them outside the house. In my mind, I can't justify buying an expensive outfit just to wear around the house.

I usally have cheaper pairs I wear underpants, but for some reason I have special pairs I wear when I feel like dressing classy.

Aspiring Member
    We all have need to treat ourselves and I did just that the other day.I was watching evine and bought a real nice morganite necklace. That's going to go good with my studs I treated myself last year. We all need to treat are selves once in awhile.

Well like all girls.
    We got to treat ourselves every now and then.
    For my birthday, I went and bought myself a pair of Jimmy Choo high heel sandals. Heaven to look at.
    But to be honest, it was just as uncomfortable to wear like my other cheap high heels after 1 hour.
    I have a shoe fetish, can't stop buying them.

I treat myself every week. Now that I'm getting divorced and have a lot more money left over

I have overindulged many times and the better quality merchandise does last longer.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.