Thread: Flying pretty! Spending several days in skirts/dresses.

Flying pretty! Spending several days in skirts/dresses.

I have always loved to read about others who go out dressed in new settings and to hear about their experiences. This is my story.

Spending several days in Belgium
    This week I was going to a conference in Brussels. I was going alone and knew I would spend every evening in dresses and skirts. I planned to fly away from home in a dress, but didn’t know if I was going to meet other participants on the plane so I went drab. When I arrived in Brussels late at night, I changed in the airport on put on my dress and heels after I landed. I was nervous because I didn’t know how a man in a dress would be reacted on in a new place. I went through the customs and stopped to buy something. I had been in my dress for maybe 10 minutes when I saw one lady who followed me and looked at me constantly. I was unsure what this was, and if this was the way it was going to be for the next days. She came over too me and said hi. I responded her welcome, and she then told me we were sisters. I was so surprised and wouldn’t have known if she hadn’t told me. We had a great conversation, and she wished me all the luck for my visit and future. I was thinking, wow the first person I met was actually a crossdresser. I than took a taxi to my hotel and did the check in in a dress and heels. It was like the most natural thing in the world. It was late in the evening and I had to get something to eat so I only went to a McDonals. I’m shore two young girls took a picture from their cellphone, but it really didn’t bother me. If they post it online, there is still so little chance someone I know would see it. On my way to the hotel, I went to a bar and had a beer. Nothing really happened there.

The three next days I went to the conference during daytime, but changed my clothes at the end of the day and went to my hotel by the subway. It was really crowdie, but nothing really happened. Because I was so far away from home, I didn’t care at all who saw me, so I did what I would have done as if I wore my guy pants. I just went to the platform, and sat down anywhere if it was an empty seat. Of course I got some long looks and smiles. Each night I went to the hotel lobby sometimes in a skirt and sometimes in a dress, but always with my heels on. I had a beer in the hotel bar, and then went out to find a restaurant. I talked to some people, and just went where I wanted. All different kind of people saw me, and I sat close to large number of people. It didn’t matter if it was a group of men or women or which age, I just went in there and acted like it was the most natural thing for me to do. When I feel confident I very seldom experience negative comments. If I feel uncertain people look even more and strange towards me. Every evening I went out in Brussels city and found a nice restaurant and had a great time.

Only one bad experience
    Only one time did I experience something negative. It was a group of 6-8 men from America in their 50’s who was in the hotel bar drinking. One of the men didn’t like how I dressed and said it to me in a not very nice way. I was so used to going around in a dress and felt safe since I was inside the hotel. I answered him in front of the group that I didn’t care what he meant about me, and I told him I felt sorry for him being so close minded. He asked me if I was trying to start a fight. I usually always avoid everything with fighting and just stay away from trouble. I was so irritated by this man, and I answered him in front of the group that it would be too embarrassing for him to be hurt by a man wearing a dress. The others in the group started to laugh. I went back to my seat and I heard him kept talking bad of me, but now the others in the group asked him to shot up. It was everyone against him, and they actually went to their room after a short period. The last one in the group actually came to me and apologized for his friend behavior and told me he was just drunk. He then wished me a nice evening. I was shaking a bit after this, but kept on having a good time and kept talking with some other hotel guests. This is actually my first experience like this in so many years. I am now disappointed I just didn’t ignore him, but also a little proud of my comment and for just not accepting shit from this man.

Flying pretty
    In the period I used makeup and a wig I did fly pretty some times. I have not done this as a man in a skirt before. In the morning I got on my skirt, tights, cardigan, purse and heels together with my man head, and went down for breakfast. I have attached an old picture of what I wore. The picture is not from my trip, but it is the same outfit. When I checked out of the hotel the lady in the reception told me she loved my outfit today. She thanked me for being able to dress as I wished in her hotel. She said it made her proud. I thanked her, and went across the centrum of Brussels in my skirt and heels, did some shopping, and tried to find the train station. The central station was really crowdie, but I went to the platform and went to the airport.

Nothing really happened during my flights. I was wearing a long flowy skirt, so I was curious if I was having a tap down as I have read from others. The metal detector went off. Of course it was my heels. I had to take them off and send them through the x-ray machine and I was wished a nice flight. It was a great feeling just strolling around the airport feeling pretty. When the plane was boarding it was so nice to walk inside the plane and sit down. I sat beside a young couple and we had a nice time talking with each other. Only for a short period did we talk about the way I dressed and then the conversation kept on about everything else.

We landed in Copenhagen and before I left in the morning I hadn’t decide if I would fly to my home town dressed where of course the chance meeting someone I knew is much greater. I was feeling so great so I didn’t want to change my clothes so I just kept on to my new gate and kept on my trip. When I sat down in the plane a lady sat down beside me, and I didn’t see that my skirt way over at her side. I had to excuse me when I saw it and had to adjust my skirt. We had a nice chat. When I landed in Oslo I went through the tax free and shopped, and picked up my baggage and went through customs. I was surprised how well it all went. In the customs it was four rather young ladies working. They smiled to me in a very nice way but didn’t stop me.

I changed back to my drab clothes and got on the bus because my SO was going to pick me up. She knew I had dressed, but she prefers not to see me. I hope that some day I can be picked up by her even though I am wearing skirt and heels.

It was a great experience and I look forward to new experiences, and for being back in the flying pretty-club! Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful Adventurous story I would like to do something similar where I can be free to be who I am without a care in the world. You keep being beautiful.

Congratulations

One word: awesome. Thanks so much for sharing and showing us that the world is becoming a little more accepting. Except perhaps for a few narrow minded people.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Robin,

Very nice story and thanks for sharing . . . congrats on such a bold and wonderful time and well done on you for just owning who you are. I was sorry to hear about your bad experience with the drunken fool at the bar . . . alas there will always be haters.

Cheers

Marcelle

Robin,

I am very proud of you. Having the courage and self determination to dress how you want to. We are only on this planet for a short while...it's sad when we can't enjoy every day of it because we have to hide.
    Last edited by Amber42; 11-21-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Great to hear about other parts of the world are so accepting, wonderful for you getting out and about unmolested except of course for one jerk, but things turned out good. Your smile says it all about your adventure.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.