Thread: Told my best friend I crossdress

Told my best friend I crossdress

I told my best friend today that I am a crossdresser and he was so excepting of it, it made me a little emotional I could not believe that he was so cool about it he even suggested that he and his girlfriend come on a night out for support I mean keeping it secret for so long and then telling someone close was really great I haven't told many people just my gf and one other close friend my next challenge will be family just wondering weather or not anyone has ever told family and if it was a good or bad choice.

As exciting as it feels be very careful. In my opinion I would throw out some feelers and see the response before I would tell them. Sometimes it goes good other times it goes bad it all depends on how open they are to things.. I would hate it for you if it goes badly and at the holidays it may not be a good thing to do if they aren't accepting. I pray for your sake if you do that they are accepting .. But no matter what anyone tells you only you know how they will most likely react.. I have never told any of my family and the only one that would have been accepting would have been my mother and she is in heaven now.My dad would not accept it or my sister so good luck..

Thank you I will be careful its always best to dip a toe in the water before jumping in I guess

I told a few friends when I thought for sure that I was trans and not just CD and they couldn't have been more accepting (although I may still be TG, just not sure that I'm TS).

I hope that we get to the point that being CD is not a taboo.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Nicole, that's huge, I'm so glad to hear it went so well!

Happy for you. We can all use all the friends we can get.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Aspiring Member
    Well I'm glad your friend is close enough to you to be supportive and your GD also. As far as family again tread lightly for now,or wait till after the new year. I hope whatever you decide goes well for you

Silver Member
    If you start to tell others you cross dress, you are going to have to assume that your secret will spread. That's OK, if you are ready for everyone to know.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    congrats girl friends is the best thing for gals like us...REAL ones you hang out with !!!! ...i havent told mom yet....sister knows....but while I am living under moms roof rent free I will keep it to myself...for now...

Good for you!

I also finally reached the bursting point and have begun to tell people that I am a Cross dresser. It feels really good to get the monkey off my back. So far no bad reactions. Worst has been " that's OK but I don't care to see you" like that.
    Told a good friend of my wife and i,
    my wife's sister (she said she was cool with it and that I looked very stylish.
    Sent a Halloween pic of myself as a witch to my brother and sister. Sister has been a little indifferent to it...not sure of her take on it. Brother never mentioned it.
    Also an old woman friend i ve know for years who moved away and she only asked, does it make me happy and I have great legs.
    It just feels good to let this long held secret free and out.

"he who buries his treasure, buries himself with it" from "the poetics of space" by Gaston Bachelard

well done
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Nicole,
    It is a big step telling anyone I am sure.

I have never had to tell anyone as they have found out from others and already knew when we first met.

It has mostly been a good response, some that were not acceptig did not speak to me any way, so I only got their views from others.

Even my family was aware, I never had to tell them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Very proud of you! Huge step!!

Usually when you start pulling on the thread, it all starts coming out. Telling people is so therapeutic and good for your soul. It sure took an enormous weight off my shoulders when I started to come out to my SO. Still having in depth discussions on occasion with her but at least it gives the opportunity to deal with the issues, not hide them.

It is not easy and there may be rough patches. With every word you speak with someone, you both explain it to them and to yourself at the same time.

I know I would never have been on this forum, posting if I had not come out to my SO. Baby steps. I felt like I was being consumed internally by hiding it, so having some of it out is much better.

Take it at your own pace and tread lightly. Don't necessarily trust everyone with your secret at the beginning.

Banned Read only
    Well done , it does feel good to share with someone and feel some of the weight lifted off your shoulders .

I suggest you let the dust settle, you've jumped a hurdle and it went OK, as many have said before make sure you want to tell people for the right reasons , if you're struggling with issues try and pick the right person to confide in, don't do it for gratification alone !

Also don't make the mistake of thinking the person you came out to will want to talk about it all the time, it's easy to fall into that trap !
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-23-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Congratulations and as others have said tread lightly and carefully when considering telling family. I would also say tread lightly when telling friends. For me it is good tell when the time is right when there is a need to know. Otherwise be very careful. If someone is planning on living full or almost full time, then some of those around them, friends and family, probably have a need to know. This makes it easier on them and you when they may accidentally or intentionally meet you in another mode. Otherwise, once it is out you can not put it all back in.

xNicolex, from what you do for a living I get the impression that you run with a pretty geeky crowd. In my experience (which is mostly from attending science fiction conventions back in the 1970's), fangeeks and sci fi geeks are about the most tolerant people around when it comes to LGBT matters. (Or maybe I've been to one too many midnight showings of "Rocky Horror Picture Show") I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds like you have a pretty good group of friends. I think it is kind of up to you whether you want to be "out" to the whole crowd so that you don't get any ribbing or odd questions if you forget and leave a bra hanging in the guest bathroom on poker night, or just keep things on a "need to know" basis.

But be very, very careful with your family. You can choose your friends, but you cannot choose your family.
    Last edited by OCCarly; 11-24-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Told my Sister some months ago I am Bi-sexual. Nae probs.
    Went down to hers a few weeks ago and she offered me a handbag and a lovely scarf which I wear often.
    She guessed I guess. xx

My mum keeps dropping little hints she may know I crossdress or trans. Just last Saturday she told me about a movie she ordered from England called Kinky boots. So although I think I try to hide it from everyone except the select few pretty well, I reckon she knows.
    Why do mothers have that sense.