Thread: Que Sera Sera

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

Que Sera Sera

Well, as the song goes, whatever will be will be… some of you may have noticed a lack of presence, a revert to ‘lurker’ status, well I did make a promise to myself many, many months ago not to post another ‘woe is me’ bad new story… But..

I sit here now entering my fifth week stood down from work whilst they dot every ‘i’ and cross every ‘t’ to ensure my employment termination has sufficient lawful grounds to negate any counter I may postulate. Not discriminatory, no, they are merely ensuring the safety of other staff. Apparently these staff can be as abusive or as demeaning as they want, they can pretty much run through every page if the ‘what not to say to a transsexual’ handbook with impunity where as if I even articulating any suggestion that I may defend myself, well that certainly constitutes a clear and present danger to those poor, innocent petals.. Even worse, the training and skills I possess apparently amplify this threat and add to the impetus to remove me from the work environment with all haste. All this catalysed by my receipt of and tabling ‘the letter’ and suggesting, nay actively seeking, a change of status at work and in all remaining aspects of life. Bye bye boy, hello genuine me…

Not only is work being obstreperous, even the very legislature I live under has hidden IEDs’, Gay marriage was federally overturned here several years ago, and as an unplanned ‘bonus’, any existing marriage meeting the gay category, ie mine when I change gender marker from M to F, is immediately and ‘un-appealabley’ annulled…

But, to counterpose the negativity, I have spent the last four week fully and irrevocably full time and I’m sure there is no force on this planet capable of pushing me back to the lie. I have never been so happy, so authentically me. So happy, unemployed, broke but happy and so very me...
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 11-23-2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Just noticed the silly autocorrection :-)
    Call me Donna, please

Gone to live my life
    Donna,

I am so sorry to read this post . . . it saddens me that a society can be accepting on some things but so pig-headed on others. Is there no recourse? I am not sure how it works for your federal versus (provincial - if you have such a thing) but I am certain you have transgender persons serving in your military and would that not be a precedence for a federal police force (if that is what you are - again not sure about your system). I really have no folksy words of wisdom on this one as it is just heinous to be put through such an ordeal. Keep as positive as you can given the circumstances and don't hesitate to reach out if you need a sounding board.

Marcelle

Donna: HOLY....that really sucks. I must have been on another planet, as I had no idea that you were having such awful issues at work. I, unfortunately, have nothing to suggest as I am not familiar with your laws in your jurisdiction, but given your background, you are the expert anyway. I am sending a boat load of positive thoughts your way.....feel free to keep us posted...."woe is me" posts are welcome in my books...and feel free to PM me at anytime!

Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Donna, I'm sorry to hear of this, I thought that "we" had grown up enough that this wouldn't happen, but just like some other kinds of discrimination, it rears its head up when you least expect it.

Stay strong, you will get past this.

Hugs, Bria

Donna, that's so sad in this day that discrimination continues.
    Hope some lawyer takes up your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    Not only is work being obstreperous, even the very legislature I live under has hidden IEDs’, Gay marriage was federally overturned here several years ago, and as an unplanned ‘bonus’, any existing marriage meeting the gay category, ie mine when I change gender marker from M t F, is immediately and ‘un-appealabley’ annulled…
    Whilst this is true if you wish to change your registered birth sex as it appears on your birth certificate you do not have to change your sex on your birth certificate in order to change your gender marker on any other legal documents under Australian Law, including a passport. As it stands currently if you wish to remain legally married you can change your name at the register of births deaths and marriages and just don't change the details of your sex at birth.

I always thought the Aussies more progressive than this, Donna. Planted "IEDs" in legislation sounds more like governing bodies in the southern U.S. Guess there's jerks and troglodytes all over the world. I hope you can find a "white knight" to come to your aide so you don't have to fight this battle alone. Stay strong and STAY YOURSELF
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!