Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dual personalities getting trashed

yes Rachel, except some of us ARE interested in multiples and the different forms this takes. Computer systems are even built modelled on this.

Time-Division Multiplexed => one aspect/personality at a time runs the show, they may or may not know about the other aspects/personalities/programs
    Muilti-threaded - a collective of parallel aspects all interacting simultaneously, seriously its chaos in here ...
    SISD to SIMD / MISD to MIMD (single instruction single data up to multiple instructions on multiple data / personalities)

because it's so chaotic if i turn up the volume for the personal collective i tend to keep it off, it would be more civilised if only a few wanted to talk at once.
    hell, every sentence or paragraph there is a multiple of "i's" "you's" and me's, all different aspects communicating from different ages of my life, past lives, future lives, other people, ancestors and non-human beings ...its a zoo in here.

xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    So for Krisi and all the other singles to be enlightened.......
    Perhaps it is I who should enlighten you. When you post an opinion on a web forum, not everyone is going to agree with your point of view. Continuing to post it won't change anyone's mind and you're not going to "enlighten" people, you just make them mad.

If you can point to some genuine scientific studies that prove that changing one's clothing changes their personality, I would certainly be willing to read them but I have my doubts. If you have some sort of personality disorder that causes you to change clothes, that's a possible explanation.

From my experience, strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig doesn't change my sexual preference, political viewpoint or favorite type of music. And my opinions posted here do not change because of the presence or absence of boobs.

Show me the scientific proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I would like to know how strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig can change a person's personality or likes and dislikes.
    It won't. What changes, is that person's willingness to admit to those likes or dislikes. The best example is those who profess to be completely straight, yet admit that when they are dressed as women they find men sexually attractive or even have the desire to have sex with men. Then they refer to themselves in third person as if it's a completely different person altogether.
    It's a way of protecting themselves from having to face that they aren't actually straight. Remember that pretty much every one of us grew up in an environment where we were constantly reminded that for a little boy to be anything like a girl in any way was the worst possible thing on earth, as well as some religions telling us that we would face eternal damnation if we ever behaved or even thought things that a girl would. Grow up with that for 20 or more years and there's absolutely no doubt that these people can't face being feminine. It's simply not allowed in their world. So they have to assign it to a different person or personality in order to remain functional, either that, or admit that they are that 'worst thing that they could ever be'. Then also face the responsibility for not being 'man enough' to hold back those bad, terrible desires and thoughts, so he'd be a failure in two ways already. Lots of people simply can't deal with that.
    And yet, we try to get them to see, and accept, who they really are. But it's hard; sure, here online in a supportive forum, it's easy to face that we're not the macho male 100% of the time. In real life, it's another story completely. ANY sign of weakness in physical strength or character admitted to another man is simply not done. EVER. It goes against everything we are taught when we're growing up.
    All we can hope for, is that each will eventually be able to face who and what they really are. The number of true multiple personality disorder patients is very miniscule; And expecially with how it's usually referred to here it's painfully obvious that isn't what we're seeing. It's not multiple personalities, no 'two different sides of one personality'. But it takes quite a bit of strength of will to accept that, and not everyone can. And, there's nothing wrong with that. Every person is different, and every persons situation is different. We all have different capacities to deal with adverse things in our lives, and we do the best we can. That's all we can expect anyone to do.
    So do whatever it takes to get you through the day. Know deep down inside that whatever it is, is ok. At least, as far as those here are concerned. We understand what you're going through.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-26-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

This is going to be tough to explain so bear with me. I have two people inside me. In the beginning, the male side of my was more prominent. Later on, the female side started coming to the forefront of my consciousness. Then I started to dress more often. Now she is more prominent. I think I am slowly becoming her. The more I dress, the more I prefer being a woman. What does that make me?

Hi Ashleyjane,
    my take is you can define yourself however you want.
    I'm quite similar, and since my male self doesn't like dressing up and my female self does, I personally consider that dual.
    Had both the male me and female me both liked stuff like dressing up, and had other things in common (body excluded of course), then I would consider it a single personality.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hi Ashley and Rachel, I accepted my femme side earlier this month and while I haven't had the opportunity to be dressed since middle or high school, I made my first purchases this past weekend and even more tonight. Aside from the body issues, male and femme sides have just about everything in common. If I go to a store in drab, I get want I want and leave. But my femme side? I'd probably stay for hours...

My femme side is growing stronger every day and I think it will reach the point in which I do start HRT after I move out of my parents' house in June (they are very much in denial). I'm signing all my emails as Danielle to those friends I am currently out with and if I filled out surveys online, etc., I would ID myself as female or trans if there is an option.
    Last edited by MissDanielle; 11-27-2015 at 02:25 AM.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    since my male self doesn't like dressing up and my female self does, I personally consider that dual.
    I should think that unless a CDer is severely repressed, then he would have moments when he wouldn't feel like dressing, and other moments when he (or if you prefer, she) would. If he is severely repressed (if he hardly ever gets a chance to dress, for example a younger person still living with parents, or a CDer with an intolerant wife, then it makes sense he'd be thinking about it in guy mode a whole lot more than someone who knows he can dress anytime he wants to.

But it's like anything else, really. Some people can accomplish inner balance better than others and this is true, not just with the CDing, but any other pleasurable activity. For example some people can eat moderately while others overeat, they continue eating after they're full. Same with alcohol, computer games, internet use, gambling, sex, etc.

In any case, my SO is like you. The desire to dress is not present constantly. There were periods in his life when she felt like dressing a lot more, and others when it took a back seat (once every few months or so). My SO has at times identified as gender fluid, dualgender, bigender, and transgender, depending on whether it was on his mind a lot or hardly ever.

Good luck with continuing to figure it out!
    Reine