Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busted by the cops while scantily "dressed". For "nudity" in public!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Busted by the cops while scantily "dressed". For "nudity" in public!

What constitutes "nudity"? Most every online site has their own standards. And, every community in the US seems to also. Was I guilty? I'll let U decide for yourselves. Here's what happened:

I scoped out the site the day before our shoot. There was no one at the small, obscure city park on a steep hillside. For the 20 minutes I plotted where we'd set up, shoot, etc. It was about 11 AM. on a Thursday. Folks were working. Kids were in school. I figured if we started about 11 and finished before 12 noon, lunch time, we'd get away unseen.

We arrived at about that time on Friday. There was only a guy sitting in his car. We went down the hill and were immediately out of site from anyone on the sidewalk or the street above. Hidden by heavy brush and trees. I removed my pants and loose coat. Wearing my full length female suit, with undies, underneath for our shoot. We had just finished the first scene. I had the jacket back on, hiding my previously uncovered, silicone boobs, when a jogger ran by. We exchanged, "Hi's", and he vanished down the trail.

My photographer was visibly unnerved but we had one more scene to shoot and we could leave. The scene; a topless woman rolling down a hillside. I had just set it up when a lady walking her dog came down the trail. She was friendly and curious. We told her we were shooting scenes for an internet story. She made some encouraging comments then went off with her pooch. We were in a hurry now. It may have taken 10 minutes max to shoot the rest.

Then, I hurriedly dressed and packed up all our gear. At the top of the trail, we saw a man of about 60+ watching us. Maybe taking photos of us with his phone? He had a local high school's name on his Tshirt. With the word, "Coach" on it. I tried to engage him in conversation. He said something like, "Just get the hell outta here u perv!" To which I said, ok, we r leaving now. He must have called 911. Because as we were pulling away, a black and white pulled up in front of us. Followed shortly by a really old guy in a Parking Enforcement car. He had no uniform. But, got out and watched during the entire show. As did 3 folks sitting on a bench by the curb.

I immediately got out. By the time I reached the uniformed officer the coach had walked away. I explained what we had been doing and unzipped my jacket to let him see a fake breast and told him I was and had been wearing underwear. He was about 30 and never had an attitude or gave me a snarky look. (Remember, to anyone not seeing me in my suit? I was just a bearded old man in dark, loose clothing.) He was not what I expected at all. I have memories of the, "u against us" attitudes by cops when I was growing up here. Our discussion was mainly about the local nudity laws and why they were enacted. His point was, whether or not I was breaking the law, the "coacH" was offended by my "nudity". I explained we thot no one would see us and had no intention of offending folks. But, we WERE in a public park he said. I agreed it was a bad idea and wouldn't do it again! (I won't.)

He took down my info from my drivers license. Interestingly:, never calling it in, ignoring my friend in the car, and the fact that my license expired months ago! The last thing he said was, there would be no public report and don't do it again. Since he wrote down my info on an index card, I wonder if he just tossed it after he drove off?

My friend and I discussed this later. Is wearing fake breasts in public "nudity"? Unless we were doing it to intentionally shock folks, I don't think so. But, I wonder? What do u think?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-25-2015 at 01:21 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well it is a kind of gray area. And since I live in the Netherlands I probably was raised with a different sense of what is illegal.
    So with that said, I do agree with the officer that showing body parts that could be offensive in a public place is illegal and it doesn't matter whether the body parts are fake or not.
    I don't think you should have received a ticket and it seems the officer also didn't think he should give one.
    do not label me for i am unique

Well, if nothing else, you gave them something to talk about back at the cop shop.

IMO, simulated breasts are pretty much the same thing as real breasts when it comes to nudity laws.

I apologize in if i missed some info, but were you wearing anything over ur breasts? if so, i wouldnt call it nudity personally. In Canada im pretty sure topless is legal, wish others would follow suit with that kinda thing. From the sounds of it you made alot of effort NOT to get caught or bother people so i dont see harm. but i dont know your local laws so it really doesnt matter what i think lol. either way. hope you had a good time regardless at least!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sherry you may have violated a park ordinance or local nudity law but he was cool enough not to give you a ticket.
    I'll always take a warning and be on my way.LOL

I think over here in the uk they wouldn't have been impressed and suspect depending on the police present at the time just given you a ticking or perhaps done you for indecency.

Hell-o Sherry,
    Sounds to me like the officer may have just been going through the motions to appease any onlookers.
    IMHO, your simulated nudity may be pushing the limits, but given the location you were filming, and assuming
    the "coach" didn't see anything that you didn't disclose to us, I don't believe it would be seen as public nudity in a courtroom.
    Now there may be some other offense that could be applicable, but I doubt you'll hear anything more about this.

And I thought you were a stay at home girl.
    You need some security to work along with that camera crew.
    Maybe we should talk about catering. Croquettes? Quiche? What does a CD movie star desire?
    Be safe, be smart, STAY OUTA JAIL!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

My thoughts - If I had a fake appendage out the front of my pants in a public place, and it was a realistic fake, would that not be offensive?

The cop was nice, realising the real situation, but still had to "look professional", and the coach was just being protective over his young charges.

So with the cop doing his bit, the coach doing his bit, maybe it was pushing the boundary and such filming would be better at a nudist camp, nudist beach or private land?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Sherry:

Glad the police officer exercised rationale judgement. Now for the question that is on all our minds: Where can we see this and your other videos? I always thought (mistakenly it seems) that you were a still camera kinda girl. This new knowledge gives me a new appreciation of Sherry and the efforts you go through to look so fab.

Stay safe. Now on with the further adventures of Sherry.

Best regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Certainly 'aint nudity and likewise I would not press the issue either.

Some things you just have to let pass.

Why can't men wear skirts? :-)

Ho! Hum!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica2009 View Post
    I apologize in if i missed some info, but were you wearing anything over ur breasts? if so, i wouldnt call it nudity personally. In Canada im pretty sure topless is legal, wish others would follow suit with that kinda thing. From the sounds of it you made alot of effort NOT to get caught or bother people so i dont see harm. but i dont know your local laws so it really doesnt matter what i think lol. either way. hope you had a good time regardless at least!
    Please, Please, Please!!!! Being topless is only legal in Ontario.

Sounds to me like the cop really didn't want to be bothered with it RS and just went through all the motions in case the "coach" or anyone else was watching.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

the coach calling you a pervert seems to be discriminatory, possibly even an LGBT hate crime, no-one saw anything, the photos by the coach were of you dressed, the cop was doing the least, for show. Now, where is the video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Platinum Member
    i got stopped by beach police walking wearing a bikini bottom long blonde hair (my hair) big sunglasses toppless yes i am a gen male i have 36 c boobs ... no id on the beach secluded place only saw miss beach police on her atv come up on me fast ... she told me i could not be toppless on the beach....i told her i was male and when i offred her to peek in my bottoms she got embarased and left....

see if you streach the thing your doing expect someone to react

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    In some places lewd acts are legislated illegal. If what you were doing could be considered lewd, it doesn't matter if you had your body suit covered with three layers of clothing or if you were nekid' as a Jay bird.

My community had to shut down my favorite park due to men seeking men activities. It got so bad that a legitimate patrons of the park couldn't walk through without harassment whatever the time of day it was. It started with the first guy thinking it was a secluded park.

You admit yourself that you scoped it out to make sure no one would see you but people did see you. You listed three. That your partner was rattled after the first encounter.

I have no idea if what you were doing was illegal but you were doing something in public you didn't want people to see.

My two cents, bad call on your part.

Docrobbysherry,

Where I live now in Columbus, Ohio there is no law about a women in public topless. They have a festival every year here called Comfest. http://www.comfest.com/, that young women run around at topless. I have never been to it,(Not my kind of thing to attend) but I have seen pictures. So it isn't illegal everywhere for a women to be topless in public. It may not be in your area. Do a Google search to check out the laws on it. The policeman may have been appeasing the person that called 911 by taking down your information. Here is something I found doing a google search. http://gotopless.org/topless-laws. I believe they have had topless women in the Columbus Doo-Dah parade also.

I would just chalk it up as a learning experience.

Plus when you get done with your internet film, don't forget to post a link here. I would like to see it.

Robin

Banned Read only
    Judging by some here, this would be illegal (seems pretty silly to me):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    I suspect the officer made a comment in his personal record to indicate the resolution of the call for police service. When responding he was on an assigned call. He probably realized there was no valid legal complaint. I've known many officers who make entries in their personal logs for future reference to account for the stop. There was probably no reason for filing a police report. The "coach" was seeing what his mind set wanted to see. In my fair city a couple was advised not to play "bondage games" in a public park. I guess he was tying his girlfriend naked to a tree, which justifiably resulted in a citizen initiated complaint.

It seems to me that technically you weren't nude. You were wearing an outer garment which is why the cop thought the better of pushing any charges as a decent lawyer would argue the same. If there's a statute against simulated nudity then there's a case to answer. If not then it's just the prejudices of bystanders who need to be better educated about the more tolerant times we now supposedly live in. Does wearing a mask of a previous president on the high street make you a bank robber?

In the UK it's not illegal to be naked in public unless the intention is to be deliberately offensive. There will be many who upon seeing a naked man, naked women tend not to illicit the same response (sexist?) will summon the police demanding action as some sensibilities have been offended.

The Sexual Offences Act (2003) states that exposure (and hence public nudity) is only a crime if a person's genitals are exposed and they intend for someone to see them and to be caused alarm and distress.

This means that nudists, skinny dippers or nude sunbathers etc. are not breaking the law, as someone has to intend to cause alarm and distress for it to be a crime (and so someone being alarmed or distressed without intent is not a crime).

OK, laws differ country to country, state to state but for a prosecution the law has to be broken. Check first with a lawyer that what you're doing is illegal and in your case it seems to me not.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Silver Member
    It is technically legal for women to be topless in public places in 33 states, and CA is one of them. Of course, it does not prevent the police from hassling you if someone makes a scene about it.

You can do anything, until someone complains about it. Sounds like the cop was a decent guy. It could have gone worse depending on the cop. There is an obscure charge, called "creating an improper diversion", which is kind of vague, and can be used when they can't prove much of anything else. Something to keep in mind. A cop can always find something to arrest you for, if he really wants to arrest you.

Banned Read only
    I'm totally on your side but I suppose 'simulated' (silicone boobies) or not the end result is the same? 😕

Were you nude? I suppose a jury would have to decide. If you'd like the opportunity to find out....

But filming without a permit, I know without question, could have netted you a fine and perhaps an arrest. But even from your description, you were getting "hurredly dressed," your cameraman was "unnerved" -- you knew you were doing wrong. So take the heat.

My college band was a scramble band and they often did formations that were insulting, rude or lewd.

Once, they did a formation of the football field of a man's genitals. Then, the "middle genital" started going back and forth as if pumping, and then a stream of band members came streaming out the middle. Sorry, but I can't be more specific without running afoul of the forum rules, but I think you get the idea.

Maybe that was also "public nudity" or "displaying genitals in public.'
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Certainly 'aint nudity and likewise I would not press the issue either.
    Some things you just have to let pass.

Why can't men wear skirts? :-) Ho! Hum!
    Here in Scottish land many men wear skirts called Kilts. I see them often and am hoping to buy a mini kilt, soonest.
    Pics to follow.