Thread: Bad experience at ULTA,

Bad experience at ULTA,

Bad experience at ULTA,
    Hello girls,
    So I was going to an LGBT AA meeting the other day, I was dressed, I had on black pantyhose, under black women's slacks, simple red patent low heel pumps, I had my forms glued and a blue lace bra for support, over I had a white cammy, and over the cammy I had on a silver glitter long sleeve sweater, long silver necklace, silver dangling earrings, silver bracelet, and a watch. I did my makeup and my natural hair up pretty, I have my hair cut in a long pixi style.
    So anyway I go to the mall and seek out the ULTA store to hopefully buy more makeup and maybe get some help with my look. I went in all dressed, was greeted nicely but that is where it stopped. I must have walked around the makeup counters for 20 min. and not 1 sales girl helped me so I walked out. There were other customers that came in after I, and got someone right away. So very disappointed.
    So I go to the LGBT AA meeting and after was very welcomed, so welcomed that one of the GG's invited me to a woman's AA meeting as long as I would be dressed, that was so cool. I even spoke at the meeting and everyone was extremely accepting.
    I just wanted to share
    Heather

Heather,
    I would not consider that a bad experience.

They did leave you alone, if you had asked questions and then got brushed away I would then consider it a not too pleasant experience.

Usually after a bit of interaction and pleasantries I find that I get good advice for my "unique" problems.

I have been told I look crap, immediately followed by a way to cure my ailment. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    ULTA has always been a nice experience for me.
    I have not always been waited on right away but maybe next time will be better for you.
    Maybe you should have asked a question of one of the SA's.
    As long as you weren't being laughed at or pointed at I wouldn't worry too much.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I would have asked someone for help and not waited for someone to offer assistance. Sometimes the SAs feel they are being polite when they allow us to do our shopping on our own because many of us give off a vibe of "leave me alone." Thus when I want help and I am not being offered it, I will ask for it. I have never not received assistance when I have asked for it.

Perhaps 'Disappointing Experience' would be a better description. You didn't get properly fawned over but they didn't reach for the proverbial pitch-forks either! You can't win em all.

ok,
    so maybe I should have requested help, but people walked in and SA's were all over them, I guess I wanted to be asked if I needed help, SA's were just walking about kind of avoiding me, even if I wanted to ask SA's were not around to ask. just sayin'
    thanks for listening
    but I did have a great time at the meeting very positive
    Heather

I am sorry to hear about your experience at ULTA. I go to the local one all the time and that is also where my hair stylist is located. I have never had a bad experience there.

Richelle

Like others I am sorry to hear your experience at Ulta, if you are Ulta rewards member feel free to fill out the onlie survey for that store. I have complained about lack of personal attention / help at my store in Houston.

Last time in there I had to find a SA last trip to Ulta because the shelf was empty of the foundation I use, when I did find a SA she was very helpful, but they simply were out of product she even checked the backroom.

My wife and I spend alot of $$$ money at Ulta, usually have had nothing but good experiences, but sometimes I think it all depends on who is working that day. (sadly)

Give em another try before you give up on them completely
    Last edited by Lauri K; 11-25-2015 at 04:32 PM.

When I was first starting with this I would have been delighted to be left alone to browse. These days I want a little more service!

If service isn't offered, don't be shy about asking!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Hey girl sorry to hear about your experience.....If it makes you feel any better, I have gone in there a few times, and nobody ever asked to help me either...I'm not so sure there it IS part of the job for them , but I dunno I dont go in there enough though ..I am more of a Sephora girl...but I do remember going in there and having to seek out help cause I was looking ( of all things) for a certain toothpaste....go figure xoxo

Like others have said, salesgirls at makeup stores are careful approaching male customers, essentially to give us privacy if that's what we want. I just came back from Sephora. As I was fiddling with their products (in drab), the first salesgirl that walked by smiled at me but did not offer help -and I did not ask for it. A few moments after I started looking around, clearly looking for help, another girl asked me what can she do for me -and if that took a little was only because the store was packed. Then the service was great. I have been to Sephora, MAC and Ulta, as well as specific brand counters in department stores, and never had a bad experience, but most salesgirls would wait for me to ask a question.

My local Ulta store always seems to be a little short-staffed, and the SAs all have lots of customers to attend to. About two times out of three, I have to ask one of them for assistance. But they've always been friendly and helpful once I establish contact. I'm guessing that either (a) you looked like you wanted to browse on your own for a while; (b) you blend so well that you didn't stand out as much as some of the other customers who needed more help; or (c) the SAs were just so overwhelmed that they had to pick and choose which customers they could serve right away.

Speak up next time and I'm sure it will be fine.

- Diane