Thread: Nice Experience At A Local Store Today

Nice Experience At A Local Store Today

I went out today wearing simple black leggings and short shorts (men's shorts cuffed shorter than normal) with a simple mens black jacket to a local mall with the purpose of going to Home Depot and to also possibly get some new leggings. My experience at Home Depot was as per normal. So I headed for the nearby Ardene shop. Once there, I looked around and found many leggings with very interesting patterns and textures. One pair looked like leather but were not. They were kind of shiny black. I picked up a pair of those. Another pair were furry cozy comfy looking. Had to get those. Also spotted a red tartan plaid pair. Had to get them. Finally, noticed a black textured pair which had a kind of vertical set of textured lines in their design. Picked those up too.

I went to the register and the woman working there was so friendly. She was helpful with suggestions and after the sale said she hoped to see me again. It was pleasant. It surprised me at the level of enthusiasm she showed. The jist of it was that I was welcomed there and would be welcomed back in the future.

I went home and tried them all on and they fit.

I picked a pair to wear out and went for a walk by the shore on the sunny, warmish day that it was.

A very nice day.

Banned Read only
    Dsmth,
    That's great, your first purchases and it went well, I guess the SA realised they were for you, it's surprising I still have to tell some that the item I've asked for is for me.

So now try and get shoes to go with your leggings, if you have as much fun shoe shopping as me it can become addictive !

Aspiring Member
    Great job. Another milestone for you has passed. Even though their are many more you'll pass them in flying colors.the shopping trips are exciting aren't they, and very addictive as Teresa said.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    I went to Harbor Freight the other day, here in Lake Havasu Az, I wear VERRY sort shorts, hairless legs, but this day I had on "long" pants. The girl at the checkout counter said "AH! no shorts today?" I thanked her for the complement & explained why.
    ((( HUGGS )))
    JoanAz

I once was shopping for jeans and I got brave when she ask who they was for.
    I told her they was for me and she offered to let me try them on.
    She could tell I was very nervous and she walked me to the all women's dressing room to try them on. I will never forget how nice she was.

When I get a reception like that it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Yes I would go back.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you for sharing! I love to hear such positive stories as these.
    There are Ardene shops in my city too.. maybe i will try going there.

Glad to hear everything went well. I've generally been treated politely while shopping, but like you, I always love when they seem to be welcoming like that.