Thread: Now THAT's a compliment!

Aspiring Member

Now THAT's a compliment!

I got my colours and style done 18 years ago and it totally transformed my dressing. I spent my money more wisely and felt so much more confident, After 18 years I decided to get an update. It was quite a long way from home, and was to take all day, so I booked into a hotel as Susan for two nights. I already knew I should not be wearing black, but hey, I drifted, and decided to wear a knockout black dress I had bought for £90 reduced from £350 for dinner on my first evening.

As instructed, I had brought 10 outfits to the style day, including this black dress, The stylist said it was "To die for, even if it is black", and was very taken with my clothes - I just needed some slight changes to my clothing personality - none to my colours. It cost £300 but was worth every penny. The stylist looked stunning, and was a very interesting woman. I got back to the hotel exhausted.

The hotel asked me to post a review, and I did so, though it did not work. When I emailed them to tell them this, the lady who ran the hotel replied

"It was a pleasure meeting you, I just wish we had more time to chat as. You intrigued me, I don't know why you need a stylist as your first night here in particular you looked fantastic."

On my way home I visited 5 shops where I usually spend a fortune and all I bought was a scarf costing £12.95 though I had some lovely chats with the shop owners.

I could not recommend this experience more highly - it is incredible fun and the benefits last years. It turned out that though I was a slightly different style personality from the one I had been assigned to 18 years ago, I had been buying clothes for the personality i really was - but I credit the original stylists with giving me the confidence and the skills to know this. I used House of Colour, not the cheaper competition - and it was worth every penny, the the extent I wish I could do it again!

Banned Read only
    Susan that's a lovely story, thanks for telling us how much you enjoyed your update,

The downside for me reading it is my wife would go ballistic if I spent on my CDing like that !