Thread: Advice to the ages

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Advice to the ages

Many here are older and some are not. I would like to hear your age and the advice you would give to each age group. I'm starting with the group 21-30 because I don't want any nonparental influence to go to minors that might be lurking. It's still their parents job to raise them.

State your contribution with your age first. I'm curious to see what 20 and 30 somethings have to contribute to us old queefs.

I'm 60.

20-30

You are at a precarious age that just lurking on this site alone tells me that you have feelings and curiosity about experiencing the other gender. My advice, explore! And don't worry about it. You might just find it all a passing phase. If not, you at least have the best skin for makeup!

30-40

You're either still living in your parent's basement or, you've married and started a family and are mired and mystified with the total burden of life responsibility. And that desire to crossdress just won't go away. Advice: compartmentalise. Your CD'ing is no where near as important as raising children and planning retirement.

40-50

You've probably got it all under control at this point. The first marriage(s) just didn't work out and you can't deny those CD urges. Heck, they've been around now for a lifetime, even through therapy! You're either still deep in the closet (having become a master at diversion) or you're just out to your spouse in DADT or total acceptance. Advice: Enjoy! This is the prime. You're not old. You don't even know what old is. Concentrate on your physical health. Stop smoking you idiot! You got to live long enough to enjoy what you've worked for, right?

50-60

Didn't think you would ever get this old, did 'ya? Makeup requires masonry tools at this point. You are the victim of all of the aforementioned group's decisions.
    Replacing body parts?
    Sweethearts, just roll along and deal with it. I'm sure you're like me and just don't really care about too much, anymore.

70-infinity

I just don't know what to say. Y'all just being alive is a triumph! If you're in a nursing home, goose every nurse that comes by. Talk as filthy as you want and throw PC out the window. That foxy little buxom intern, tell her what you would do if you were younger. And, make her drop the bedpan.

Remember, start with your age.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 11-25-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Great topic Carla...I might just play along...

I'm 96

20 - 30 if your TG and ya know it and your face is gonna show it....let it out! Seriously, get over that hurdle before you become president...of something! If you're CD, share it with US but nobody else...period

30 - 40 OK, if your TG times running out (for now), if you're CD...still keep it under wraps...you're in the prime of your life...don't F it up!

40 -50 awe hell, you've probably arm wrestled the grim reaper once or twice and and won, you're where you'll be till the day you lose the fight so WHO THE F CARES...free pass to be be YOU !

50 - 60 WTF, go F your self (swish) 😉

70 and beyond - you talking to me?! When I was ur age we 《insert painfull analogy here with a serious frown》 😠

Seriously though, I'm not 96, I was only born in April!!? 😒

I'm 31, single, and still living in my parents' house until June, when I move out for what I hope is that last time. That desire never went away and I reached the come-to moment in which I realized I had to embrace and accept my feminine side. It's who I am. For the first time ever, I finally have a bra and panties of my own (once they arrive, I'm not ready to shop in store just yet). I've had a session with a therapist and going back next month. In the time since my first session, I made my first purchase of women's clothing and my femme side has only grown stronger especially in the dreams/daydreams/fantasy department. The moment that I know I want real breasts is the moment that I decide to transition. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. None of which can happen until June along with the splurging on clothes that are not bras and panties seeing as how my folks are in denial about it.

On that note, is there anybody that will tell me I'm crazy for wanting to femme up my apartment next summer with a girly look and only a girly look? Is it crazy that I want to buy a pink comforter set? Heck, it will match all the pink clothing on my wish list! Have I mentioned that I've taken a liking to pink and that it's about to pass up blue as my favorite color? Or is this all a sign that my feminine side is growing stronger every day to the point that I'll consider myself more female than male?
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm 63.
    20 to 30 have fun get out and enjoy life, experiment. Live within your means to need to impress the Joneses.
    30 to 40 take care of your family and save for retirement live simply and don't overspend on a huge house with no furniture in it.
    50 to 60 you are over the hill just be yourself and enjoy life
    70 on up don't break a hip.

21-30 discover yourself by doing what you want
    31-40 rediscover yourself by doing what your SO wants
    41-50 rediscover yourself by doing what your kids want
    51-60 throw it all away and buy dresses
    61-70 play with grandchildren
    70+ learn to speed on motability scooters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    I'm. 60 and the advice to the 20 to 30 age group is. Live it up, don't be afraid to explore. You're young and vibrant,theirs more out there today for you than there was for me at that age. And above all else stay healthy:
    40 to 50. Still enjoy life and family, be more considerate to your SO and kids. Dress more maturely now and still stay healthy
    60's well hopefully by now everything has turned out ok with all of the speed bumps life has thrower at you.your at the point now where you don't really care what people think of your so called " alternate lifestyle as they would call it" you dress when you want to and are still enjoying it. Your or our golden years aren't really to bad at this point.are grand kids are around hopefully,SO's have finally cone to terms with are coding and hopefully you still have your health.
    70's plus, well a good job done. If your still out and about then a "attack girl" to you. If your somewhere Luke Carla said then go after the nurses. Blame it on Ike age you forgot where u are, I'm living my second.childhood. whatever works. Best wishes to you all. P.s. don't forget to put your teeth back in,your going to need them if you plan on nibbling on the nurses neck. Mark your territory. LOL.

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I'm 64, basically I wish I could switch the numbers round, but then I was working too hard then so **** it I'll stay as I am !

Your image of hitting your sixties is not a good one ! I don't need to go to the stone mason's yet for facials !
    To tell the truth I've never been as happy with my body as I have for years now I accept full body shaving, I'm amazed at the legs I've been hiding, my bras look as good as they ever did but and with a bit of a push up the hairless cleavage is very pleasing. My weight loss wasn't intentional but to go into a shop and pickup a size 12 skirt or dress and find it fits is a feeling I've never had before . I'm loving my heels especially when the SAs expect you to fall over and you walk as well as they can !

Do I feel sixtyish ? No way , am I acting my age ? Well if to act my age I have to get a stick and walk bent up over it and ask someone to help me cross the road !
    Do I look sixty ? Do I really care ! I use to have fun with older people when photographing weddings, they would say I'm too old for all this, I often replied it's not what you're too old for but what you're young enough for ! CDing has no age limits, just keep on enjoying it !!

Carla , you missed under 20s all I can say is if you were as lucky as me and find GFs who like CDing don't worry how many ends you burn the candles out just try and not burn yourself out ! I'd better not say anymore !
    20-30 Many of my age group married early, things get serious , mortgages come along, at the end kids and a new business , a new dress appears in the wife's wardrobe, try and see how it looks , zip won't do up curse and try and wriggle out of it !

30-40 much as the previous decade, still can't fit into my wife's stuff comfortably, no thoughts about my own stuff just too much going on !

40-50 BANG ! the big question what is this thing that's been nagging at me all through the previous decades ? why hasn't it gone away, am I part female , dam it I actually enjoy wearing this stuff even after sex ! Get stirred up to the point where I need to talk to the wife , instead of talking a huge flood of tears, I've never cried like this before ! My wife is OK, I feel better but the wall goes up and I nose dive into a hole of feeling rejected and unloved to a point where I nearly end my life. Counselling is short lived so Prozac takes over to bring me out of it. Now it gets hard I want to do it , my wife knows but is unaccepting, the shame and guilt starts to hit hard. It feels like a double life one side hidden behind closed doors.

50-60 Cding is as strong as ever, business is being affected by the digital non professionals the income is dropping, my wife wants to downsize , all my wife can see is I'm being an awkward cuss but the truth is I'm trapped with no where to turn or anyone to talk to. I've taken some really nice pictures fully dressed and I want more than ever live the life as I look ( AGP, maybe ?) but my difficulty of living a double life is mentally bringing me to standstill.

60 - Finally grasp the nettle accept I need help , come out to my GP explaining my past history and finally fully open up to counselling . I know what makes me tick what I am and what my needs are . No hiding , no pretense, I'm TG I dress to satisfy a deep need which I can do nothing about .

Sorry Carla, you didn't ask for potted life stories , it just came out like that !
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-26-2015 at 07:42 AM.

I am 18 and im just soaking up all the advice like a sponge. I have learned so much from you ladies, thank you.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

I'm 26

Reading this thread has really opened me up to what the future may bring!

To the youth of Athens...

1.) When I had a near life-ending experience a few years ago, in what I thought was my last moment on earth, I didn't experience the highlight reel of my life (like books or movies tell us happens.) What I had was a profound sense of regret for things I didn't do. The advice is as old as recorded history: don't defer joy. There will always be responsibility. There will always be others who depend on you, be they actual people you can name or simply societal pressure to meet an ideal. You can be a productive member of society and be happy too.

2.) It is insanely difficult to balance these two dicta: Don't be a selfish prick. Don't defer joy.

3.) Good luck.

Aspiring Member

Whatever your age, my signature says it all.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    65, going on 50.

I refuse to dress my age... yet!

Really??? Who asks a lady her age???

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    70 and up- I'm there. Don't judge us until u get here! 70 is NOT necessarily what u think. Not all of us r in wheelchairs playing bingo at the old folks home. If u take care of yourself, u can not only make it to 70, u can still be rockin' it then!

I never smoked. (Tobacco, that is). Drink a glass of red wine nearly every evening, weigh 5 pounds over what I did when I was 16. And, this is what I see in my mirror!

P1020490 (640x607).jpg

U too can enjoy your sunset years if start planning for them now. Remember THAT when u have that 3rd beer and oversized order of fries with your 24 ounce steak!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ok, here goes; me 61,

20-30, get a higher edumacation, you need it to get a good job!!!!!, start moisturizing, don't smoke, get a pet not an SO.

40-50, by now you should know that what you and others do(CDing) is not abnormal or all that unusual, keep moisturizing, not to late to start saving for retirement, don't add to your over indulging debt. Start a healthier diet and take supplements for keeping your own hair.

50-60, Dress every day in preparation for your retirement when you will live the way you always wanted to. Keep moisturizing even if you think it doesn't do any good.

60-?, get a reverse mortgage, come out to every one that's left in your life, no reason to hide anymore? Keep moisturizing just because you may live a lot longer.

?-, don't know what to say you should know more than me buy now.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Never grow up, you'll never grow old

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    70 and up- I'm there. Don't judge us until u get here! 70 is NOT necessarily what u think. Not all of us r in wheelchairs playing bingo at the old folks home. If u take care of yourself, u can not only make it to 70, u can still be rockin' it then!
    Agree with rampant ageism in some of the responses. Today's older adults are where most we years ago, but with a 15 year sliding scale.

70 today is like 55 yesterday. Not all older ones are in nursing homes wearing pampers. Don't put elders in a box they are not in because you have not talked with them. As Paul said, "when I'm 65..." was written in 20's and not in 60's I can laugh at my ignorance.

Advice, simple

20's -- besides career and beginning to narrow down life partner choices, build social networking skills
    30's -- If still single, figure out why and find someone to share life with, or you will live shorter
    40's -- Retirement planning is nice, but also start planning legacy
    50's -- Double down on legacy plans. If nothing else go low tech with an annual Christmas letter
    60's -- Double down on stress reduction and make sure you have expert stress reduction skills
    70's -- enjoy life, worry about nothing and weekly share something important with others
    80's -- ok, it's time to write will, if you didn't in your 50's. Plan your legacy and asset allocation, if not done yet. And figure out how you want to go out: in nursing home, long term care, or just wasting away quietly at home.

Where does CD fit in this? Who's knows. It's more a hobby and stress relief than life critical. If your SO's can share that part of life with you, fantastic. If not, andit's just your quiet time, DADT, then what will be, will be. Some may say it's part of their nature, well if so then fine, just don't make it first. It's the desert on life and not life.

As Zorba would say, to life, to life.... Indeed this is a day and a time to just be thankful for life.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    this is cute.................

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla, I will be 73 in about a week I've been in this program for almost 69yrs. now
    and I'm still very active and wearing 4&5 inch heels. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm 27 and I although I have recently come to except myself after 10 years suppressing my feelings for crossdressing I would say embrace everything and make use of every opportunity respect the people around you and yourself. Do not let anyone bring you down above all else don't waste time regretting past chances missed or failed conquests just look forward with your head up and embrace the future with open arms and just be yourself and have fun
    My Instagram xnicolex1988