Thread: Just received my notice

Just received my notice

I just received my notice from the hospital that I need a Mammogram. My doctor a year ago suggested I have one done and now the hospital has send my notice that Iam due again for another one. The last one wasnt too bad just a little squeeze to the girls. My breasts are a little larger this year since I have been wearing bras full time but do I wear one to the hospital or just go guy style?

Only you know your comfort level, but I think I would want to wear what I presented as that day.

Banned Read only
    Kari,
    The hospital aren't going to bat an eyelid, if your breasts are big enough to need support then wear a bra, if not leave it out and keep the job simpler for them. They are usually very busy so don't complicate for them , if you wear a bra to prove something I don't think they will be that impressed !

Whatever happens I hope it doesn't show up anything serious, whatever I wish you the best of luck.

Reality Check
    How do you normally dress? I wouldn't wear a bra just for a mammogram. I had a mammogram a few years ago. I did not wear a bra.

It all depends on how you are presenting.

Hope it goes okay for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    It really doesnt matter I had to get in one of the hospital gowns. Best wishes to you.

It doesn't matter what you wear, you will end up wearing a gown (without a bra) for the mammogram. No one will care what you wear but you.

I'm in agreement with most of the others here. Wear what you normally wear, my wife wears her bra to them but ends up taking it off and putting on a gown. Let's hope that every thing is clear.

Years ago I had breast cancer and as a result after a rather easy surgery to remove my 'lump' it was suggested That I have a mammogram every year. As it turned out I had thirteen of them. Two years ago I lost 50#. My breast tissue for the most part disappeared. Then I gained most of that weight back but as of this point I don't have the 'B' cups anymore.

Like others have mentioned, I had to disrobe from the waist up and wear a gown for my mammogram. Besides the marks made by my bra, no one would have known if I wore one or not; however, it was obvious I have breasts when I showed up for my appointment (i.e., I did not wear a baggy top and was presenting as female as usual for me). The staff and especially the mammogram nurse were fantastic, and I did not feel I was treated any differently than any woman in for a mammogram except for a few specific questions. To wear a bra or not, I do not think it is going to make much of a difference.