Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you handle the attention

Could you handle the attention

Today shopping for my last few Christmas presents, I realized that in the probably two hours I was shopping I must have checkout 30 different girls. Now then multiply that by the 200 plus guys in the mall how many times do you think a girl gets checked out while their shopping. Granted they do not catch every guy that checks them out, but it's got to annoy them after awhile I've even seen some become uncomfortable in certain situations.

Do you think you could handle having guys check you out 10-15 times a day? Then what about the ones that are brave enough to flirt with you? Or the ones that go to far an get a little handsy?

A lot of people don't like public speaking due to being the centre of attention and being put on the spot, no thing about being an attractive girl in a room or place alone with guys?
    Last edited by Lyla; 12-01-2015 at 10:01 PM.

I think it's a given that most men look or glance at every female that walks by, sometimes even absent-mindedly. The pretty ones get a second look. The others? Not so much.

I never felt annoyed. I look at people too.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    To answer your question Lyla...nope, not yet at least! As a GG probably but as a 《insert non-conforming label of choice here》, there's always the nagging, confidence busting, explosive diarrhea inducing question "Why the gosh darn golly gee are you looking at me, hmmm!?" 😒

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sure I get plenty of looks from behind. But, when I turn around the guys suddenly turn away to find a restroom in case they barf!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It all comes down to this: If you feel too many of the opposite sex checking you out, there are always places where you can go to get out of the public eye. OTOH, if you're on the opposite side of the fence, and are someone who is routinely IGNORED by the ones you are desperately attracted to, there's really nowhere to go which would reverse THAT situation. Growing up, I would have loved to be attractive enough for so many people to be interested in me. Pretty women ARE deluged with attention from the moment they reach puberty until they reach the 'no longer hot' age, and get a rude awakening the first time that a young hot guy lets go of the doors that used to be held open for her.

Yeah, I could take the heat. Make me young, hot and pretty. Where's that magic pill??
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I normally am uncomfortable with guys checking me out. I always ignore it whether they just look or try to talk to me and be friendly....For the most part I assume they are trying to figure out if i'm a cis or trans female when they keep staring at me but maybe i'm just self conscious on that end as a female in public. I also a lot of female gaze at me often too which I am unsure of if they are admiring my beauty, wondering if cis or trans, or see me as competition?
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

I do get a lot of looks, it usually doesn't bother me much, Girls, women and guys seem to check me out, is this a guy or a woman.... I'm used to it and can handle it well.

I guess that would depend a lot on our motivation for looking. Granted a lot of it is automatic and biological but beyond that I, personally, am interested in people in general, so I look at both guys and girls, how they move and interact with others.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I am able to take all the checking out they want to. No problem. I still do it. The only difference is I'm looking at what they wear..the shoes,blouses etc. As far as them coming up and engaging in small talk,no problem either. I have thirty years of training my voice and it is good. As far as getting handstand I draw the line there. I know I get lots of looks, we all do. However it is nice to still be able to turn a head and watch them "check you out" head to toe at 60 years old

Reality Check
    Not every female gets "checked out" and not every guy goes to the mall to "check out" females. Some people dress to attract attention, most do not. If you don't want to attract attention don't dress for it. Leave the six inch heels and leopard print tights in the closet.

I find that the attention gives me confidence. As a guy, I have never once in my life received a compliment about my clothing or looks. En femme, I have received dozens of compliments from strangers of both genders on my shoes, clothes, and just in general . Whats not to like about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyla View Post
    Do you think you could handle having guys check you out 10-15 times a day? Then what about the ones that are brave enough to flirt with you? Or the ones that go to far an get a little handsy?
    Bring'em on! Single line please!

Banned Read only
    Lyla,
    Sorry to put the dampener on this but sometimes we must consider GGs do have more important things on their minds than being checked out by guys !
    It might be interesting if you stopped some and asked if they knew how many had checked them out I doubt many wouldn't have even thought about it .
    As CDers it appears more intriguing to know how many would check us out before we were read !
    OK I admit I wore a Wonderbra in drab when shopping in my local high street , I didn't think it showed under my loose sweater but most of the attention came from guys giving a second look ! I guess there is a difference between how moobs look and wearing a bra without forms but with the the enhancers in !
    The attention just made me smile, it was just another step to being out !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I really don't mind being checked out. Its going to happen so you need to get used to it.
    What is nice is getting checked out and the person makes eye contact and gives you a warm smile.
    I find that guys will let you pass then turn and check you out.I guess the have to see you come and go to get a complete picture ha ha.
    Women I find will look me first in the face(maybe looking at the hair or wig) then up and down to see your outfit and how put together you are.
    I found most women will just send a warm small smile,guys not so much.

I'm always thinking that people will read me when I go out. I have been in discussion groups with GG's and they have told me that I pass well and my voice is great. However we are our own worst critics and I will always wonder when I am out and about. It is much less so than it used to be but it's always wise to have your guard up even if just a bit.

I probably get checked out but I do keep on going if I have to pass a lineup of onlookers.

With my girlfriends years ago they stood out and the group always got checked out, I usually kept a low profile unless we engaged in animated conversation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Despite not wearing six inch heels and leopard print tights, I get my share of attention. Women (and other CDs I presume!) will check out your shoes and scan you up and down trying to figure it all out. Guys will stare at your legs and/or boobs. I don't mind any of it. If you want to continuously fly under the radar, you're missing out on a lot of the fun of wearing nice clothes.*

*for those who are challenged by subtlety (yes, certain members here), you can dress to stand out without looking sl*tty. It's called good taste.

Heck, just being men in female clothes we get checked out all the time for being just that. So, I am far beyond the point of worrying or caring who is checking me out. If they think that I am even a little bit attractive that is a plus for me!

If your going out you have to expect guys will check you out at some point. How often will depend on your presentation.

Only today I had to thank one guy who moved his trolley out of my way. During which he never took his eyes of me with no sign of having read me. Another opened a door for me. Nothing unusual you might say. It was the delay he took waiting for me to get to the door before opening it, yes he was checking me out.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I would not mind being checked out by guys at all.
    Amanda

As long as the situation is non-threatening, GGs like being checked out by men, and would miss it if it didn't happen. It may not seem that way, because GGs must protect themselves by seeming aloof. If they offer the slightest bit of encouragement, male aggressiveness will take over and the situation will go from non-threatening to threatening very quickly.

I don't have to worry about being checked out. Few men are interested in women my age. The only men who've paid any attention to me were trying to sell me something.

No I wouldn't like it, well maybe a little. One thing I found about being a CD is the understanding of why GGs take so long getting ready lol. I think back with my ex's and how I was always piss at all the time they spent in the bathroom, standing in front of the closet and shopping. Damn it feels good to know those feelings and to have them.

I look at all the girls too and some guys!

I don't think I would mind it at all. I never get anyone checking me out. Matter alone anyone holding a door open for me.

I had not really given it much thought.
    I mean if they do not bother me ... I do not really care.

When dressed if I catch a guy checking me out, I mostly like it(if it is a good checkout), Makes me feel like I look OK and feminine.