Thread: Last night I looked into the mirror, what did I see?

Last night I looked into the mirror, what did I see?

I spend too much time on FB and not enough a support forums like here (and especially here). Here's what transpired Thanksgiving evening, and I'm sure many of you relate to this....

Last night I looked into the mirror, what did I see?

Tired from a long day I headed to the bathroom to clean off my make up and retire my wig for the night. Suddenly, I noticed her in the mirror. I noticed her before but not like this. She was cuter than I ever gave her credit for in the past. Her eye makeup was indeed pretty...the kind that has me gawking after other gal's makeup and I ask "How do you your eye makeup so well?!" She had it going on. She smiled back at me.

But the glance I gave here wasn't for a moment...it turned into several minutes of adoring her eyes. Each moment that I continued to stare into her eyes...opened up new depths of understanding of who she is now...and new love grew for this woman in the mirror...even if she's overweight, tired from this very busy year, unsure of herself several times daily...but each moment glaring into her beautiful eyes adoring her makeup brought tears...tears of joy spawned by the realization of self acceptance, tears from no longer feeling the past encroach her daily emotions...tears from realizing God never makes mistakes and loves her dearly (The heck with the naysayers and their false doctrines of shame and discord!)...tears from the feeling of freedom to finally be...freedom to accept oneself fully and openly, tears realizing the abysmal shame of the past is all gone. ALL GONE!

I couldn't stop smiling at her! She's happy, for the first time in her life, she's happy!!! She is beautiful inside and out, even with her myriad of flaws and weaknesses, she now has life and vigor.

She can now rest well this evening knowing that she's loved by me.

Yours truly,
    Yourself
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

wow! that s amazing, good for you! An important part of the journey is total self acceptance, and your experience is a major step forard. So happy for you!!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

It's wonderful when you feel accepted by others, but when you realize that you are truly you, and everything about that is good, you have crossed a milestone. Congrats girl!

Gold Member
    Those early times when you first look in the mirror and don't look at yourself critically but instead see that you are there, are so wonderful! To me, out of all highs I might get, that realization is as high as it goes. I am happy for you that you are having that moment (and tearing up a little).

Quote Originally Posted by Eringirl View Post
    wow! that s amazing, good for you! An important part of the journey is total self acceptance, and your experience is a major step forard. So happy for you!!

Thank you I think that self-acceptance happens only after we peel back enough layers of fear.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    . . . when you realize that you are truly you, and everything about that is good, you have crossed a milestone.
    So true. Self-acceptance is sometimes the most difficult and looking past your own self perceived flaws and seeing the true person below for the first time is the greatest feeling there is. Congrats!

Cheers

Marcelle

I cried and cried upon reading this. I have had the same feeling lately. It has gotten me through the last month. Priceless!
    Suzanne