Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 words no cd ever wants to hear..

People who seek to put others down are acting out of either fear or insecurity, or both.
    They seek to put others down in order to lift themselves up.
    Once you understand that comment was about her and had nothing to do with you, hopefully you can free yourself to move on.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If we are lucky. We all get old someday. I came through the 80's & 90's. I saw a lot of people who never had the opportunity. Sadly.

Platinum Member

The two choices !

Hi Kate, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

There two choices in life and the one that I chose was getting old,
    @73 I like to think that I'm three quarters of the way there.

I've been in this program for almost sixty nine years now and loving it. ~~......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 11-29-2015 at 08:27 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am not in disagreement that the comment was cold and probably not necessary. I do find it interesting to see all these opinions (which I see nothing wrong with either) on a site that I have also seen many times the advise of not to approach another CD that you do not know in a public place. Just pointing this out as it might of been part of the issue. A fun reply is what is really needed like, 'remember kid, one day you will be an old man too!'

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Banned Read only
    I agree with Carla, she was probably tired of getting hit on and took it out on you...that said, I'd take it as an unfortunate run in with a rude a hole and let it go, don't let someone else's rudeness ruine your day hon! ☺

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post

There two choices in life and the one that I chose was getting old,
    @73 I like to think that I'm three quarters of the way there.
    There are some really cool, kind people on this site. And I'm impressed how far people go to look good and succeed in doing so. I have never had more than 5 pairs of panties at one time and people here have hundreds. I do laugh in a kind way at some of these posts regarding to how sophisticated some people get to dress. Gosh, for what I've been through and how long I've been doing this I don't know half what some people know. There was a time in my life when I used duck tape to tuck because it worked. I got by on bare essentials only investing in good makeup (you wouldn't know from my picture, I don't have any makeup on)

Just want to thank everyone for being kind to me, I'm going through some tough times and need some friends to support me.

As another one in the AARP crowd, don't let it bother you ( I know it's hard ).
    I'd just write it off to to the general lack of respect from the younger generation, of course every generation feels this way.

About 20 years ago, I recall reading an ad on a music store bulletin board in an idle moment; one of those bands that has no chance of ever working for decent money. At the bottom was "no geezers", which made me realize OMG, I'm a geezer!
    What the young don't realize is that if they're lucky they will become geezers too, but with comments like that, they might be pressing their luck.
    Just look at those wrinkles as battle scars, proudly worn by the victors.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Geez you were only saying hello to that brat! That sort of response was unnecessary, rude and risky.
    Personally speaking...I would have looked him in the eyes and replied with something crass, but thats just me.
    Mouthy kids that take such chances with people they know nothing about are at risk of finding themselves in a confrontation.
    Believe me sis I've been there.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Consider the source. Do you really want to be friends with someone so rude and unfeeling? She doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Man, that was really rude! I'm sorry to hear they were so rude to you and that it affected you so deeply.

Try not to let it bother you so much. They were obviously being spiteful.

Silver Member
    Her response was rude, disrespectful and mean. It doesn't matter if she was hit on or having a bad day. Only a thoughtless jerk hurts other people's feelings with mean remarks.

Also, a rest room is not a good place to try to start a conversation with anyone you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    My entire life for some reason I've been constantly hit on by gay men. I'm not gay.
    I love to be hit on by guys. Even better i love the look on their face when I tell them how much. You would be surprised on how many say yes.

Kate, well i just have to say kids are most the time not to nice to there elders, not the way we were brought up for sure. Plus no respect for you i would have been hurt too girl, you could show her a thing or two, she is just learning and sound like she hasn't pass that point of knowing yet that us older girls could have shared with her, her lost. chin up and be proud of yourself. hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry she hurt u, Katie. And, I have no intention of defending her rudeness. However, u and everyone else here has no idea where she was coming from! So, I think ripping her is unfair.

I'm older than nearly every other dresser I meet. Unless I'm introduced by a mutual T friend, I NEVER approach a dresser I'm not familiar with unless she makes the first move!

I'm 70+ but recently had a long personal chat with a young 20's dresser at our club. I had seen her many times and said "Hello, how r u", before but nothing else. I began the conversation with, "Hi Maddy. How r things going for u?" And, shut up. Allowing her to open up or just say, "Fine", and I'd let it go at that. To my surprise she was soon quite forth coming!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Yep, every day I look in the mirror and realize I'm old. I also read the obituaries everyday and see too many people younger than me who will never get to be my age. Sometimes I get a smart ass remark from my kids and just tell them "Keep talking! You may never make it to my age!"

I will say this. My wife really really does not like it when anyone she does not know uses some endearments when addressing her. She will slap you silly if you come on to her with "deary" or "cutie" or "honey!" She could have been irritated with your choice of words.

The option to growing old is so depressing...maybe that young CD will get old enough to realize that, someday. Meanwhile any day you can stand up straight in your heels is a great day.

When I was younger, other dressers could be rude and obnoxious. I just passed it off as they were jealous of me getting more attention than them. Now that I'm quite a bit older, I find that other dressers are incredibly nice, friendly and intelligent. Maybe she thought you were hitting on her, wasn't interested and blew you off.

I would have been hurt and upset too but consider the source and move on. One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

Try-- " So sorry honey, I just wanted to say how you looked just like --- name an appropriate actress--- then leave.

Like who? Roseanne Barr. Sorry that wasn't nice.

Someone didn't finish raising the little snot. Just be thankful you don't have to.

I think it is still some of the washroom fear we all have, and that youngster still has. best to never say anything in any washrooms.

"Oh, you thought I was trying to pick you up? With your makeup trowled on like that? Poor thing!" <raises eyebrow archly and walks away>

Quote Originally Posted by desertrider View Post
    "Oh, you thought I was trying to pick you up? With your makeup trowled on like that? Poor thing!" <raises eyebrow archly and walks away>
    Very nice!

I wish somebody like you was there to help. Tranny night is always a night to remember. Had it been 25 years ago I probably would have kicked her ass and bounced those rubber boobs off her head. But haste makes waste and twenty more painted up tvs would have come in her aid. Its really hard to figure that crowd out and you don't know who your're dealing with. Many gay guys do drag and it's hard to tell if they're friend of foe. And those young gurls fighting for alpha "it" award. Too funny, I don't know why it gets me so depressed.
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    gkg:

While all of us are IN the world, not everyone knows how to LIVE in the world. Unfortunately it is something that you can't really teach. Folks have to figure it out for themsleves. Sadly, some never do.

DeeAnn
    I agree with DeeAnn 100% it's really the root of most of the problems that we have in today's world even up and beyond the CD thing.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Never mind that I woulda thought of it like 20 mins late, we still got your back =)