Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: male vs female clothes

male vs female clothes

I'm not sure about all ya'll but when it comes to male and female clothes fit is vastly different for me. In male mode I can't stand anything right fitting, but when it comes to my female clothes the tighter the better a lot of the time. Tops being an example. I wear a lot of t-shirts and love them a bit baggy. Dressed up I love corsets and about anything form fitting. Is that just me or is that a lot of you lovely ladies in the same boat as me?

I agree In male mode I hate anything that is tight, it agitates me. But when im in girl mode it doesn't bother me.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

Have to say the same thing as my bra is hugging my chest right now and I love every single minute of it and never want that feeling to go away.

The tighter clothing helps in showing off our curves.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Corsets are slightly too tight for me (not that I havnt or wouldnt wear them) but I do love tight dresses and the feel of my bras and everything else. I like my male clothes baggy to a point and can handle tight to a lesser point. I hate anything too tight in my groin area, im a boxers kinda guy. I do wear panties but they would feel better if my stuff wasnt in the way. Its all good though.

It's strange. As a male, I prefer loose fitting clothes because I move and bend alot. En femme, I prefer tights, leggings, bras, etc. Except for skirts and dresses. Those I prefer to be long and flowing.

I remember reading a story about one of britain's war heroes who was known for going into battle underdressed (WWII I think). This discussion has reminded me of that because i've just been out gardening - with all-pink underlayers and then some male trackies and a top over the top as protective covering. That led me to thinking of male wear as protective - its generally stronger, rougher, harder on the skin, more suitable for manual work activities than the fineries of soft dresses. I thought of battle armour and of knights having soft, silken underlayers, and that led to more pondering about this baggy/tight thing. Clearly if its tight it has to feel nice on the skin, if its rougher and more protective then baggy works. So i'm wondering now if some of the clothing differentiation comes from unexpected origins. I feel like the outer male clothing protects a soft feminine core. Perahps we're touching the base of male ego?

xxx and food for thoughts - thanks for asking Kayla
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

The one oddball thing for me is as a guy, I absolutely hate anything tight around my neck; even when the collar isn't tight, I always want the top button open, tie loose. However; when dressed as a girl, wearing a nice black velvet choker with a dangling jewel that reminds me it's there, feels absolutely heavenly and I'll keep it on all day long. I think that one comes from age about 14, when this exceptionally hot girl wore one to school almost every day, and I learned to associate that with being a beautiful 14 year old girl.
    The bra too; the fact that I can feel it or notice that I'm wearing it almost all the time, as I feel it whenever I move, has got to have something to do with the constant little reminder that I'm no longer 'guy'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Same is for me.

However, Male clothing is not designed to accent male shapes (Lack of). And that is the reason that most of the time male clothes are not designed to be fitted but to be comfortable, baggy, and really boring and dull.

I dream of a Male Leggings really, nothing too feminine but really nice and comfortable that I can enjoy daily. And not been looked as a weird person.

Aspiring Member
    I like my clothes to fit regardless of gender. As women's fashion is largely designed to accentuate the wearer's figure, I expect it to fit tighter (and goodness do I enjoy that feeling). Loose garments would hide the overtly female silhouette (breasts, hips) - oversized tees and most of my non female jeans when cross dressed are a no go for me. I'm quite flat chested but I prefer breasts in my silhouette. Of course the hug of a tight strapless dress is a truly wonderful feeling.

Even in male mode I hate baggy clothing but at least it does make me look fatter. And that's a good thing.

Ditto here. I don't like getting dressed up at all as a male. Weddings, funerals, and very few other events will find me dressed up as a male. Most of the time the looser the clothing the better.

But dressing as a female, tight is right. Control-top light-medium support pantyhose, bra, snug skirt and blouse or a lycra-enhanced dress is what I prefer.

Even my wife comments that it takes a miracle to get me dressed up male but I'd go all out dressed to the nines daily (as a female) if I could.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post

Even my wife comments that it takes a miracle to get me dressed up male but I'd go all out dressed to the nines daily (as a female) if I could.
    Same as mine.

But, at least for me, I would not be practical on the long term. Let's be realistic. A GG would not go to all nines every day every time.

In male mode I dress down navy and brown.

In female mode I dress up. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    When en femme, tighter women's clothes help accentuate things (e.g. manboobs) that I prefer to hide as a guy. And I do appreciate the snugness of a firm corset and bra, and skin-hugging hosiery

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    You can easily get men's "Skinny" jeans with 1% spandex. They fit tighter than the usual straight leg or even the tapered leg men's jeans. I wear these in guy mode because I lost forty pounds and I like to enjoy that feeling of being more trim. Plus these 1% spandex jeans have some stretch and give so they don't pinch or ride up. My wearing them has absolutely nothing to do with CDing to me.

Women's jeans have 3% spandex in them for their "Skinny" jeans. The leggings have 5% spandex.

I prefer somewhat form fitting for guys because of the weight loss. I prefer less constricting at the neck. I always have disliked the suit coat and tie because it is like wearing a noose. But if the suit is well cut, form fitting, and I look sharp in it then I would enjoy looking the dapper guy.

I prefer to wear the typical female outfits with the typical form fitting shapes. But I do not wear Lycra spandex outfits because my goal is to always appear appropriate even if a bit dressy. Classy is my goal with feminine shape.

Isn't this FUN!

Banned Read only
    Kayla,
    I'm not use to tight fitting clothes even when dressed but I will have to get use to it because my counsellor gave me a bundle of dresses, they are my size but all in a tighter fitting style.
    One of them is a blue peplum style dress, which I felt was too tight across the bust, I took it with some other clothes to ask my seamstress to alter and she said it's fine that's how it's worn, it feels good and looks good so I'll give it a go ! I don't need a corset as my figure is OK ( 37"-31"-37" ) but I've had to buy some control panties to keep things tucked out the way !
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-30-2015 at 01:39 PM.

I'm the same way with clothes but also male clothes are often rougher materials an when they are tighter fitting they chafe a bit. But mybe that's just me

I prefer loose fitting as much as possible. Guy clothes, girl clothes, my priority is comfort. That said, I'm saying this while I'm wearing a pair of hose. Normally I don't wear them because they're tight fitting and stuff, but today I felt I needed the extra feminine touch. For the most part I've barely noticed them there, so that's a plus.

However, it's an interesting observation that a lot of women's clothes are tight fitting. Bras, hosiery, panties, leggings, etc. All of these are designed to hug the body as much as possible. Then again, many blouses, skirts, pants, and the like aren't form fitting, much the same as men's clothes.

Count me in...male jeans are baggy, t-shirts oversized and unironed.
    On the other hand...MY jeans are snug fitting over tight panties (for tucking) and my tops fit perfectly and are always smooth and wrinkle free.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    It depends on my mood. I love pencil skirts as much as light flowing Mediterranean style full length dresses. I love the freedom of a simple tuck, briefs, bra and forms. But look much more feminine figured wearing a bask and hip pads. Ho hum, both are fun.

In male mode I love Chenos and T shirts, tucked in. Also love to look smart in a decent suit. My wife tells me I should have been a peacock.

One last thing of minor interest. I have never bought a pair of Blue Jeans.
    Last edited by Jane G; 11-30-2015 at 04:08 PM.

I prefer male clothes to fit well but not too baggy. Fem clothes are much tighter and they must be the way the skirts and tops fit. I must say though I had on a black pencil skirt and thought of crossing my legs like yoga style, LOL You can't do that with a pencil skirt. But in leggings, no problem.
    Last edited by Dana44; 11-30-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Part Time Girl

This is an interesting thread.

I'm not a fan of male tight fit clothing. Usually go for polo shirts. I even find jeans can be restrictive... which I only really wear when I'm out and about in town or out for a meal. In terms of women's clothing it has to be a certain material. I have a tight fit thermal t-shirt which fits perfectly. So soft and comfy. I've been looking at Basques. The ones with a bra/cup feature. Id do anything to get one that Gemma Atkinson wore for Ultimo. I prefer slips that are loose. I'd say the majority has to be loose with the odd exception but it has to be rather specific.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    I prefer somewhat form fitting for guys because of the weight loss.

I prefer to wear the typical female outfits with the typical form fitting shapes. But I do not wear Lycra spandex outfits because my goal is to always appear appropriate even if a bit dressy. Classy is my goal with feminine shape.
    I shed over 50 pounds and prefer not to appear heavier in male or female mode. In male mode, I only buy fitted dress shirts and wear clothes tighter than I should at my age or what might seem appropriate for my gender. When it comes to female clothing - slim, trim, and snug seems to be the default, which is nice.

I was a power lineman for 20 yrs, an durning the winter up in Connecticut. Durning the real cold days, we an I mean almost all of us 8 guys we would wear pantie hose to wick away the moisture . We had long johns but the moisture would frezzie on our skin if we didn't wear the pantie hose. It worked well an nobody had any comments. Jo

Aspiring Member
    I like the nice form fitting tops, leggings ands such. They feel so wonderful. Of course the sillier the better

Non-binary/Questioning
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Count me in...male jeans are baggy, t-shirts oversized and unironed.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomson737 View Post
    I'm not a fan of male tight fit clothing. Usually go for polo shirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    When en femme, tighter women's clothes help accentuate things (e.g. manboobs) that I prefer to hide as a guy. And I do appreciate the snugness of a firm corset and bra, and skin-hugging hosiery
    I typically wear jeans and polos. I don't have a lot of female clothing yet, but what I do have tends to be spacious on the bottom (eg. peasant skirt) and tighter on the top to emphasis my breasts (cami tops). I wouldn't wear a corset every day but I like the look and what it does to my figure.