Thread: need opinions ,and ,or help

need opinions ,and ,or help

I need some of you girls opinions ,on how I should make myself better looking in femme. I have posted pic,s awhile ago ,I have been c/ding for sometime but solely in the closet ,I,m trying but it has been alot of trial and error. GG,S are welcome to comment as well.

What pics where? It would make life easier if you gave a link or two so we have something to comment on.

It must get crowded in that closet.

Just kidding, what pictures?

J

This is Pauline's pictures thread some while back ...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...446#post315446

Pauline, it's a constant struggle for me, and I guess most of us, to achieve that truly feminine appearance. I think you look really good in these pics, maybe you are your own worst critic?
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Find a wig shop that will let you try on differnt styles. Hair style can make such a difference in your looks .

Pauleen the questoin is how far is far ????? and what do you want to be percieved as.Glamerous,sexy,the girl next store ?? I dress as in the image i would want to see a female as.and every body's tastes are diffent.thats something that you have to make you own dessision on.and what goes with those tastes??? clothing, make up, hair style,ect.You can join the beuatey section and go threw a lot of the threads that danaj has offered to us as members.theres the picture threads for examples of how we all dress.so what im trying to say is you just have to be a little more specific in your questions.so if theres a certain style you want to achieve focus on it and try not to stay off

Quote Originally Posted by pauleen
    I need some of you girls opinions ,on how I should make myself better looking in femme. I have posted pic,s awhile ago ,I have been c/ding for sometime but solely in the closet ,I,m trying but it has been alot of trial and error. GG,S are welcome to comment as well.
    You look just fine!

angel ,you look so great ,and I know it wasnt just over night ,you have so many different looks ,and they are all great . I, just keep doing the same style that I have been I just have to try to concentrate on my make up technique,I have lost 5 lbs since the new yrs it has been hard giving up things ,but that is one of the sacrifices to get the cute clothes . I just wish I diet could lose inches on my feet lol. we should meet up somtime like we talked about in january.

Hi Pauleen

Okay you want some constructive criticism....and you said gg's could post....so....

It is very difficult to judge the make up on those photos {provided in the link} because the distance is very far. The pic on your avatar, well your make up looks very pale. Almost too pale. I wonder if the flash made you too white or is it the make up? So just based on the avatar photo I would say the make up looks a bit chalky. But on the far away photos the beard cover is not working. So what I am thinking is you need a beard cover in one color and a foundation in a slightly different tone. I mean our faces are not the same color all over. With guys this is even more evident. I just read a really good article in a magazine about using multiple colored concealers...some that help cover darkness under eyes and using a different shade on reddyness or even zits. ANyway, that is my overall comment on yoru make up. If you get the beard cover, foundation, and powder figured out you are gonna be alright.

Okay....the clothing....well when you wear tops that have those "delicate" {swetheart cut/bunched arm material} cuts it actually draws attention to the fact that your upper body is much larger than your lower body. Have you ever thought of buying hip pads? This will help even the overall sillhouete. I know plus size cd's sometimes think that they don't need hip pads because they will only appear bigger. But male fat distribution is different than female. And that 'lack" of hips on an otherwise larger shouldered person only looks disporportioned {gee is that even a word?}. Trust me, I know plenty of women with shoulders like yours, but their waists and hips are not that tiny.

Also sleeveless things are hard for size 14 women to look awesome in. Now I am over that size and I also like the "sleeveless" look, but due to arm fat, well it looks gross. So what I do is wear long sleeve blouses that are sheer, over cami's or a sleeveless top underneath. A little layering will still look sexy and show some arm, but not more than most of us really want the world to see. Sheer/meshy long sleeve tops are my savior. I must have over 10!

Okay there is a pic with a bright colored top and a black skirt. Your waist is not sitting in the right spot. Your waist should be up higher. Try to avoid "low-rise" skirts and things. Those are made for a different body type than you have.

Another pic, long sparkly dress with white shoes....not good. Too much contrast. Now if the shoes had black and white intermixed it might sort of work. But that much white looks jarring. I noticed your shoes before your dress or your face and body, not good.

I am not a fashion expert and obviosuly most people had nothing but superb things to say, so maybe I am completely an idiot when it comes to make up and clothing..who knows? You asked for honest opinions and that is what I hope I posted.

That is just my take on your pics and outfits.

Kathy, I think you are pretty much on the money fashion wise. Watch the blacks and whites, they scream "look at me" and always have. Of course if you arent going out that is okay. The only thing I would add, and I have said it before is go to a professional make up artist and get it done so that you have the tools to do it yourself. They will show you what you need for cover, colour etc. It really is worth it. The one I use for my photography could make a rooster look like a duck. Maybe someday I'll get her to do mine, if and when I get the nerve. *s*

The avatar photo is definitely overexposure from the flash. When shooting with flash I always cut the flash output by one full stop. This still puts good shadowing in place and cuts down on hot spots (light overexposed areas) I also avoid any reflective surfaces wherever possible because they mess up the camera's exposure readings. I could go on and on here but that isnt the point is it?

Hugs
    Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...