Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever been honk at

Has anyone ever been honk at

Was out yesterday an a car went by an honk at me made me feel good going out as a woman was a rush going out today to get some new outfits wish me luck.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I've been honked at while out walking and in a parking lot. I don't mind that but when they honk and make some lurid remark thats different. Alot of them are just youngsters. But I like to have a honk or two once in awhile

Yes i have been honk at and whistle also, it does make you feel pretty to know someone out there thinks your looking cute,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Daniella Argento
    Yes when in my car I have been honked at a few times... But in all truthfulness that probably has more to do with my driving than the way I look!

I used to be honked at and whistled at a lot, then again I was with three other very good looking chicks as well. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

One of the few times I've gone out alone in the day, I was honked at 3 times in just like 2 miles! Must have been the boobalicious breast plate

It was a very gratifying experience—I've never been honked at in drab! (Except for traffic mishaps...)

I was actually honked at in male mode once. I was riding my bike back during the summer, legs freshly shaved and I wear cycling shorts that are pretty short... maybe a little above mid-thigh. I wore them when I rode triathlons years and years ago. Well I was on the grass median crossing over to the other side of the street and a truck passed by... "honk honk honk".

I said to myself, "oh yeahhhh. stillllll got it."
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

honked and whistled at. I assumed the sun was in their eyes.
    Live and let dress.

Yes, back in 2005, my first full day out in public. Stopped to look in the storefront windows, in a downtown area of a suburb of Seattle, when i lived back there. It felt so nice! Actually had more attention paid to me riding my bicycle in guy mode, though!

Banned Read only
    Funny how men take this as some sort of validation or compliment. It's not. Ask a woman what she thinks about this behavior. A honk does not mean that you passed. It means that a troglodyte behind the wheel of a car and at some distance from you, has no better way to communicate with other humans.

If you like this sort of thing, you might try putting on your shortest dress/skirt and walking past a few construction sites.

I don't know if it counts or not but I was out for a walk on a nice summer eve in a white dress and heels and a guy on a motorcycle passed by and yelled "decent!!" I felt good!

Silver Member
    I have, a couple of times. I was walking from the dress shop to my car. I got to the edge of the curb and waited for the cars to pass. The driver of one vehicle honked his horn. I don't usually acknowledge that, but I did turn my head to look. The driver, who appeared to be slightly older than me, gave a thumbs up sign. I nodded, but nothing else, and crossed in front of him. I didn't spend any energy on trying to figure out his meaning.

Banned Read only
    I was once. Back before my great purge about 25 yrs ago. I was studying at the local university and we had no money and the pink fog was...faint but compelling at the time. I decided to go for a walk kinda bush league so I grabbed my wife's ski jacket, picked up a hand full of cat litter for bra padding, and cleverly wrapped a binocular case in a black garbage bag to substitute for a CK purse...seriously (ok, so I used socks for boobs).

Bottom line, I looked like 《insert the most disgusting relevant item you can think of here》😨

I was strolling across the parking lot of a local sleezy strip mall after dark and a car load of of young guys start honking at me a yelling cat calls! After capping my pants I think that was the moment I initiated the 'great purge' 😲 All good though, I'm BACK! 😉

Back when I was brave enough to go out, I once caused a bicycle accident. As in, "Hi there!" [crash]

I've also been honked at by geese.

Sadly, the only times anyone honks at me is when they feel i'm impeding traffic, and it usually comes with a one finger salute!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I was out walking down a main street one night, wearing heels, nylons and a short dress, wig, makeup, etc. A car went by and honked, then went around the block and came back by with some testosterone crazed kid hanging out the window yelling "I love you".

I have had a few guys try to holler at me when driving beside me. One guy even hung out the window with a bunch of his friends in the car to try and holler at meh. It happened again this past Saturday on the drive home. It always makes me smile and blush .
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Daniella Argento
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Funny how men take this as some sort of validation or compliment. It's not. Ask a woman what she thinks about this behavior. A honk does not mean that you passed. It means that a troglodyte behind the wheel of a car and at some distance from you, has no better way to communicate with other humans.
    You are 100% correct Jennifer most (genetic) women will not enjoy this attention. At best it is unpleasant and embarrassing at worst it is threatening.
    But then for many of us it is a validation (at least in our own minds) that we look attractive/desirable and almost all of us want that.
    It is a rare enough occurrence for us that it remains a novel, exciting and validating experience. I suspect that if we got out more regularly and after the nth time it happens to you that day/week/month/year one's opinion would change dramatically and be more in line with most (genetic) women's...

Reality Check
    A "honk" doesn't necessarily mean that the person doing the honking thinks you are a good looking woman. More likely, they see you as a crossdresser and are honking to embarrass you or make fun of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    A "honk" doesn't necessarily mean that the person doing the honking thinks you are a good looking woman.
    And it doesn't mean they don't. The fact is, if that's all you've got to go on, you have no idea what the honker is thinking so it's more a reflection of you than of them. If you think you're hot you'll assume they're honking because they think you're hot. If you think you're not, you'll assume they're honking because they're making fun of you. It could be they just hit the horn by accident when they dropped their beer. You just don't know.

Back in the spring I was out for a walk in my neighborhood -- fully dressed but not flashy -- and a black pickup truck with a couple of teens in it drove by me. Then they drove by me again, rubbernecking. And again. Four times they went by me. I still have no idea why. They may have thought I was cute, they may have thought I was a crossdresser, they may have been trying to decide if I was a woman or not. I don't know -- but to this day it amuses me.

I've been honked at - which made me feel warm and fuzzy.

I've also had some guy hanging out of his window waving and shouting something at me. I didn't know how to respond, so the car passed, then he started shouting something that included the word 'frigid'. I went full on emotional, my confidence took a knock, I was pretty upset and suddenly felt very emotional. On the plus side, I clearly passed...

Daphne
    x

Yes. Lot's of times.

Yes, I seem to piss somebody off at least once a week

Yes, it has happened when I'm in the parking lot or side walk.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress