Thread: The Dress Code

The Dress Code

Does anyone ever wish that when they are out with the wife and see all the women and how they are dressed that they would enforce the "Dress Code" (I hope this is posted in the right place)...............................Debra

IMG_20151201_084023250~01~01.jpg

Banned Read only
    Debra,
    I've just been on a cruise and I would have loved to be told that I wasn't allowed to dine or go to the show without having the right dress on !

You mean they don't?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Saw this in my paper today and loved it, yes the dress code should be enforced lol

Not the one in the cartoon -pink makes me look fat.

I wonder if they would have my size in black...lol after all black is slimming..

Banned Read only
    The fact that a dress code would even be considered, even in a humorous vein, speaks to the really poor level of attire that people wear out in the world. It is sad, but true, that MANY folks who dress actually look better than genetic women. That just shouldn't be, but it is...

DeeAnn

Aspiring Member
    Yea I like it. And I second what deeann says also. Even though alot of women do dress nice but alot more of them don't.

Banned Read only
    LOL, given the brutal trenchcoat maybe he called ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    The fact that a dress code would even be considered, even in a humorous vein, speaks to the really poor level of attire that people wear out in the world.
    Yes. What happened? When did it all deteriorate? I mean, I grew up poor, and other than homeless people, wherever we went, people all tried to look clean and tidy, and jeans were reserved for working environments only. Even the poorest women wore some sort of dress whenever they went out shopping, and men wore some type of shirt with a collar and slacks that had been pressed at least before he wore them at some point. NOW?? We have the 'walmart people'; the worst dressed people on the planet, and it seems they are the standard. Yuck.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I have recently been to both a wedding and funeral and I just can't believe how people dress at even these events anymore. I know maybe the people in attendance weren't family or whatever but still there ought to some sort of standards.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Yes. What happened? When did it all deteriorate? I mean, I grew up poor, and other than homeless people, wherever we went, people all tried to look clean and tidy, and jeans were reserved for working environments only. Even the poorest women wore some sort of dress whenever they went out shopping, and men wore some type of shirt with a collar and slacks that had been pressed at least before he wore them at some point. NOW?? We have the 'WAL*MART people'; the worst dressed people on the planet, and it seems they are the standard. Yuck.
    Hi Lexi I'll be 73 on Monday and I can totally agree with your post, The world has surely changed.
    I always take pride in my appearance. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    The "dress code" didn't just change, it has been changing throughout history. Look at old family pictures or news photos. Of course society has been changing as well. Do you think people would have walked around in public with tee shirts with obscenities written on them fifty years ago?

Years ago I used to fly internationally in a suit.

These days it is wear what you need to for the weather and activities at the other end
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lexi,
    You expressed it so well, just the way I always think. But I disagree with you on "the state of disarray"; you're not.

I made a similar comment a few years ago about going out to an event at our kids' elementary school, and I got "flamed" about "how dare I judge what others are wearing. They should be able to wear what they want. Be it a pretty dress or a t-shirt with $#!+ on it." But I still think taking care of yourself (i.e. being clean and presentable in whatever style) shows respect for yourself and for others around you. We seem to have lost that civility in the base elements of our culture. I think it's a shame, and I guess I'm supposed lighten up if someone wants to show plumbers crack in public.

Ain't it the truth? There was an article about 5-10 years ago when a women's college sports team were honored at the White House. The one girl wore flip-flops to meet the President and so on. The girl's mother was aghast (and rightly so, IMO) and added that her daughter could have at least tried to dress up a little. The mother went on to say that she was 52, and doesn't leave the house without pantyhose on. (My kind of lady! LOL)

Same with flying. Used to be you'd put on your Sunday best and everybody else did too. Nowadays, I lose count of all the sloppy sweat pants with 'Juicy' across the backside, and the flip-flops and the yanked up hair held in place by a rubber band. Not one ounce of effort in making oneself presentable. I understand comfort, but you can still be comfortable and look decent (and clean).

BTW, I loved that comic!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I enforce my own dress code, if I feel like wearing a dress to an event, I do it. However there are some events where a dress would'n't be worn even be GGs, so I practice discretion with my dress code.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land