Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's your role model?

Platinum Member

Candy Loving !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockerreds View Post
    Playmate Candy Loving has always been a role model for me, she's the kind of girl I aspire to be.
    Hi Rocker Reds, Candy Loving was the playboy twenty fifth anniversary playmate of the year,
    I had her picture on my tool cabinet for years, To me she is one of the most beautiful ladies of all time. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's a lot of latin girls that I wish I looked like, like JLO, Eva Mendes and Jessica Alba

Silver Member
    My former girlfriend was my primary role model, as well as my mother.

Gwen Stefani

I probably don't have a "role model," but will admit that there are certain people here who I look at and say, "Wow! They surely can pull it off..."

Sorry, no names!

Lacy PJs

My mother who doesn't leave the house without full makeup even now at 89. She looks like she's in her mid 70's.
    Please call me Lisa!

I wouldn't really call them my role models but I admire Jennifer Lawrence and Adele. Both are extremely beautiful and successful. If I had to pick one, it would be my mother. Not because of her look or style but just the way she carries herself. Her confidence and savvy is something I strive to achieve .

My wife.

I don't have any one particular role model. Mostly just take cues and admire women that I see in passing at the office building or mall. The fact is that the majority of GG's are slobs (for lack of a better word). No attention to their figure or dress or makeup. On the other hand there are still so many beautiful GGs to take inspiration from. I love noticing the little things about them. Could be a mannerism, a piece of jewelry, a pair of pants, their shoes, or their makeup. The voice in my head just shouts "that girl has got it going on" and I file it away to perhaps in some way emulate someday. So many beautiful women of all shapes and sizes and ages out there for us to take cues from if we just pay attention.

Hmm... "role model" can be read in many ways. Somehow the vast majority of responses focused on physical beauty (I counted 24). Then a few on family. And then some miscellaneous including two cd'ers and a cartoon character.

Vewy intewesting.

A gentle searcher. Chriscrossed's Avatar
    This week my role model is Rey from Star Wars VII. She's a natural independent girl who can take care of herself and everyone around her. She's both vulnerable and commanding and she keeps her legs perfectly shaved even in the desert.

Chris Crossed.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love a lot of women and could never just pick one.
    I do have one CD friend and she is so amazing but not sure if I could post a pic of her here.
    She is someone I respect a lot just for who she is.
    I met her online years ago and chatted a bit.
    I found her on FB and we have chatted a bunch more. She is local to me and I hope we meet up sometime.
    There is so much I could learn from her she is awesome and really talented in the CD art.

Perhaps not "role models" per se, but people I look up to in various realms:

For science: Candice Pert, with Marie Sklodowska (Curie) coming in second, because she failed to consider the dangers of the materials she worked with.

Models/actors (includes both roles and real life): Any or all of: Susan (aka Sigourney) Weaver, Natalie Portman, Emma Watson, Geena Davis.

Sports: Bonnie Blair.

Aviation: Christine Mau (picture below, in Lockheed's F-35), "FIFI" Malowchowski, or Jeannie (Flynn) Leavitt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Krististeph; 12-18-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Sophia Lauren - even though I look nothing like her she's beautiful, I'm not!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    You list from Singapore; is that where the singer is from?
    She's Vietnamese. I don't speak the language myself though - my mother tongue is Chinese. (That said I listen to music in multiple Asian languages.)

Princess Kate - Style, Beauty, and a Kind Heart are a pretty good trifecta!

This surely dates me, but I'd say Barbara Hale as Della Street, Perry Mason's confidential secretary. She exudes beauty and class.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jen, No argument here Barbara Hale was Classic Elegance in motion. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The Pokeman character Misty is one also.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That's an easy one. Caitlyn Jenner
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

From the old school I have always been a fan of Audrey Hepburn. Elegance with a bit of whimsy. A little more current touchstone is Jennifer Aniston.

Diane Lane. I've been a fan of hers since she and I were both 15 years old. That would have been when she did the movie "Six Pack" with Kenny Rogers. A forgettable movie, but the beginning of an unforgettable career. http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...-1600-1200.jpg
    Last edited by OCCarly; 12-25-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

The young Kate Moss, perhaps
    Attachment 255461

Reality Check
    Role model for looks? Class? Female in general?

I have no single person as a role model. My role model is a combination of women, including my own wife. At my age and physical features, it would be pointless to try to imitate a typical female TV or movie star. My goal is to look and act like a moderately classy woman my age. A sister I never had, perhaps.

My friend Theresa Sparks, the executive director of Human Rights Commission for San Francisco. She has been a driving force for transgender rights and continues to be an eloquent trans advocate.
    Suzanne