Thread: Meeting other CD's on my area to chat with.

Meeting other CD's on my area to chat with.

Hello,
    I'm new here and I really enjoy reading through the forms.
    Can anyone offer up advice on how to meet other CD's in my area that aren't in the sex trade? I'm not from a very big town and would really appreciate talking or even hanging out with someone else like me.
    Thanks!

Last edited by Taragirl427; 01-02-2016 at 07:25 AM.

It can happen. The Girls' Night Out I'm going to on Saturday (in the DC area) already has over 70 girls signed up to go.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Oops...
    London Ontario, Canada.

I hope to meet some girls from the central Ohio area for a lunch /chat. What are your girls thoughts of SO coming to get togethers? I happen to like the idea. Thoughts?
    Lizzy

Search for the Society for the Second Self , (Tri-ess)hetero crossdressors get together and provide great peer support . They have a list of chapters on their website, and have a magazine for members.
    That are a nationwide (U.S.)group with local chapters
    In response to Lizzys post , the above group welcomes SO's, and when I was a member, we would go out often. They were a big part of me actually getting out in public regularly.
    Last edited by Jacqueline StGermain; 12-08-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Sorry Alison, I can't offer you a direct answer as I don't live in the London area. Perhaps the Xpressions group could be of assistance, but I believe the majority of their membership and activities are Toronto based. Hopefully one or two of the others members here will see your post and offer you better info than I have.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    allison there are some london area girls who meet on a regular basis, please email me and i'll get in touch with one of them i know and see if they can arrange a meeting or chat

my take is that there is likely a group affiliated with the university of western ontario that would open to you

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alison1977 View Post
    Can anyone offer up advice on how to meet other CD's in my area that aren't in the sex trade?
    What do you have against Advertising and the Fashion industry?

This is a good place to start, but it takes time and participation to make friends that share the same outlook as yourself. And even though we share a similar bond, not everyone here is going to be your BFF. Just how life works.

As suggested, it will be easier to get to know others in your area if you let us know where you are from in your profile. But you need to do what is comfortable for you.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 12-08-2015 at 08:33 PM.

It is hard to meet other girls for real live chat, coffee or whatever. Every ones life is just to busy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

It can be difficult but it's not impossible.

I had decided to attend a group evening in Manchester (UK). I posted on the "Places to Go, Places to Meet" section asking if there was anyone who already attended. What I ended up with was being contacted by 2 others from this site who also wanted to attend so we set a date and agreed to meet in a public place an hour or so before the meeting began to introduce ourselves and chat. All when very well.

I've also in the past found a support group that met near where I was staying on holiday so I emailed the secretary to ask if it was ok to attend, the reply was yes so I did. Spent a pleasant evening chatting and making new friends.

Have you Googled, CD trans LGBT support group Ontario, to see what pops up? It's very likely a group already exists in your area and attending a meeting is the safest way of getting face to face. Make sure you read the safety guidelines;
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...Meeting-Others
    Unfortunately there are a few predators out there on the internet so it's vitally important you safeguard yourself.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

For me I have tried to make those connections myself, to just hang out and talk, but haven't been successful. tried for years, part of the problem I suppose is that there is no way I could pass in public without starting a scene, so for me dressing up and going to a support group would not work well. Just want to talk hang out and be friends. It's tough!!!
    Alanea

Alenea,

Why do you think you need to "pass" to attend a support group? Most will have changing facilities if you're uncomfortable with presenting to Joe public. However the last group I attended I parked outside and walked all of 20 yards into the venue. Once inside you'll feel right at home. Trust me on this, it is well worth doing. It will lift your spirits and bolster you confidence. The things that holds most of us back is our own unfounded fears.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I don't believe you have to pass to attend a support group. I'm just looking for someone or a group who understands this part of my life. Someone to talk to, get advice and opinions from (in person). I looked into the groups mentioned below but they are in the Toronto area. I may have to plan ahead and travel to attend one of their socials.