Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dangers od CDing

Donna , I wish you a speedy recovery !
    I've had my moments as well but never had to go to the ER thankfully
    Last edited by Lexi Moralas; 12-14-2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hi, this is my first post and I will introduce myself later. But, I had to respond. I have a rule when dressed. NO heels on the stairs.
    I was actually in the ER for a non related, non dressed incident and there was an older woman next to me. Her daughter had brought her in and the other daughter rushed in to see mom. When asked what happened, the daughter replied, "mom fell, she was wearing "those" shoes." My wife and I laughed about that and agreed my rule is probably a good one.

OUCH! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Donna!

Like Dominique, I also avoid stairs, as I almost had a fall one time when I was younger. The worst I've done was twist an ankle once though (knock on wood!).

Reality Check
    No heels on the stairs?

My wife and I were at a shopping mall a few years ago, sitting on a bench when a younger female came running down the hall and ran down the escalator in heels, at least 3". She appeared to be an employee of one of the clothing stores based on her outfit and might have been late coming back to work after lunch.

If you can wear heels, you should be able to walk up and down stairs wearing them and drive a car wearing them.

I was out with my wife and a friend of hers who is only about five feet tall. A woman walked by wearing 4" or so heels. My wife's friend turned and commented "Boy I would sure hate to fall off those heels." I said back to her "It would be no worse than if you were just that much taller." She thought a minute and said "I never thought of it that way."

Thanks again

Thanks Dominique and welcome to CD.com the best site you could ever pick the Members are so sweet and helpful you will see and when you have time lets set up a friendship Hugs DonnaP

Banned Read only
    Good choice. I think there is an obsession with some that the only way a woman really looks nice and sexy is to don the highest heal possible. I am very comfortable with a three inch heel. Higher than three inches puts too much strain on my tendons and ligaments. I also prefer a "chunky" heel over a thinner or spikier heel.

Get well soon. I know statistics are gathered by emergency rooms as to the cause of the visit. Too bad your visit is not going to be categorized as "slipped wearing high heels." I suspect there are actually more high heel falls than recorded.

Hope you feel better. Yep, but I love my high heels. Hope I'm not too over confidence. Hope you get better soon and have a nice Christmas.
    Part Time Girl

Ok I got the memo thanks donna speedy recovery happy holidays
    Miranda

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Hope you are doing better now Donna.
    That is something I always imagine when I'm walking in heels.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".