Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And suddenly I have enthusiastic support!

And suddenly I have enthusiastic support!

Happy New Year everyone! I occasionally post here and usually end up being a Debbie Downer. Sorry for that, but this is different! WELL... I made a commitment this year that I would start opening up a bit to some friends about my crossdressing. I know that keeping this big part of who I am to myself is alienating and, frankly, I'm sick of feeling like I'm hiding something from those I care for.

So, I have a lady friend who I've known for quite some time and I knew was the sort who would probably react positively to this. Sunday, we were talking and I had this pent up desire to just tell her, but was getting cold feet. Well, she started talking about how she had been going to Christmas parties wearing a cute "Ms. Claus" costume; nothing really risque, but a little further toward the naughty side of Santa's list than the nice side. I didn't make the Christmas Party circuit this year due to work, so I missed seeing her in it. She showed a picture of her costume from the internet. It was adorable and I told her that I'd love to wear that dress too! She laughed and said she doubted it would fit me, but that they probably sold it in a larger size (thinking she was ribbing me). I surprised her by saying we should see. Well, that prompted a session of joint internet browsing on our phones for Ms. Santa outfits and we started comparing and contrasting different outfits and deciding which ones would look good on her and which ones would flatter my larger body. After we started digressing into Halloween costumes (Nuns, french maids, sexy vampires, gothic lolita, etc.) She made the remark,that we seemed to have the same fashion taste and she was really gobsmacked at how aware I was of colors, styles, and dressing... but that I almost always just wore Tee's, khakis and button-ups. That was my opening.

So, I told her that I don't wear dresses out. I told her I'd been wearing women's clothes in private for years, though.

She flipped out. In a few seconds she was planning how we'd go to SantaCon in NYC next year, both of us as sexy Miss Clauses or elves and gushing how she finally had a friend to go shopping with. Then, suddenly, she was moved to tears that I would share this with her. Next, she wanted details about why I do it, how long I've been doing it and a whole barrage of other questions. I showed her the back-half of my closet and the rest of my stash. We apparently share a penchant for costumes and black paired with outrageous bright colors.

She insisted that we immediately go out shopping and I scored an incredible floofy black tulle party skirt which she demanded I model for her. OMG, we were both giggling and squealing like little girls.

Since then, she's gotten me to the gym for Zumba classes yesterday and this morning (I'm in pain and have no clue what I'm doing, but she's motivating the hell out of me). She said that I had to work on my girlish figure. She's also been messaging me with links to all sorts of events and excuses to go out together in cute outfits down in NY and other nearby cities in cute outfits. She totally understands that I'd prefer not to be seen looking fabulous around home, but she, herself, has no sense of embarrassment and incredible confidence that is completely contagious. If ever there was a person to have opened up to, this is it. It's making me wonder why I allowed the fear and distrust to go on this long.

I'm ecstatic. I think this year is going to be incredible.

That sound wonderful . Everyone needs someone to enjoy things with. Not to mention someone to help cut the pink fog with. It seems to make all we go thru worth it all when we have someone who takes pride and joy in it with us..So good luck and have fun .

sounds something very similar to when my step-daughter recently walked in on her step-father, while he was wearing a skirt, blouse, wig, etc..
    I dashed for the door, but she said wait.. This is really interesting!!! We recently went 'out', and she is suggesting outfits, etc...
    She has even helped me learn to walk in heels, a favorite of hers..
    Really, there is a Santa Claus..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Good for you! That sounds like a ton of fun

- Suzie

That sounds great. Every girl needs a friend.

Wow! How cool is that for you! That is awesome. Very happy for you.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

that's not ethusiastic support, that's authentic leadership, go gurl!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is nice when you find that right person to tell.
    I'm really happy for you.

Sounds like you have a good friend

That is one great story. I see a Happy New Year in store for someone..I am SO envious. haha

Utterly amazing, hold on to her somehow.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Sounds really exciting! I kinda....envy you!!!

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations Egurl! May it be a long and enjoyable relationship!

Silver Member
    Marry this girl, NOW! It's not possible to find a better level of acceptance in anyone. Any other differences there may be between you are dead easy to overcome.

I may be overstating, but not by a lot. You have hit the best friend jackpot and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Marry her ASAP.

Excellent!!!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow! That's fantastic

Banned Read only
    OMG, I have a GG friend I'm completely out to as well but for a lot of reasons we've never had a girlfriend shopping trip...I'm sooo jealous of you right now 😉

What a great gift of friendship! Thank you for sharing your story. That was uplifting!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Great story, good luck to you guys.

That's awesome.

What a great way to kick off the New Year. And fashion soulmates to boot!

i cant wait to see how this pans out! how awesomely exciting for you both! this sounds like a champagne supernova moment. i'll be following every step with the greatest of glee whoopee! you go girlfriend

Wow, I almost cried reading this. So happy for you!

What a great story and the beginning of a new phase in your friendship.

Sounds super funnn!