Thread: New Public Outing

New Public Outing

Hi, I'm Courtney and very new to this website but I have been following for several months. You all inspired me to get up the courage to do something I had not had the courage to do before. Thank you. I had stepped out in my fem clothes before to pump gas, walk around a parking lot, and go through a drive-thru but I had never really "put myself out there" until I found this website and you girls gave me the courage to expand my comfort zone. So last weekend I got dressed in a conservative outfit with leggings, long sweater, and moderate 2" heeled booties. I went to the mall. I was very hesitant to leave my car but I decided to walk to the entrance of the mall. It was dark and the vestibule was dimly lit. I got the idea to just stand in the vestibule in the glass windows next to the door as if I was waiting for a ride to come and pick me up. It was exhilirating. It was as if I was a mannequin in the window. Many people entered the mall and I was able to see if they glanced at me, stared at me, or were indifferent. Most people were indifferent but the ones who glanced at me seemed to pay no attention. But the best part was that after people passed through the entrance I could see their reflection in the window. Even though I wasn't looking at them I could see their reaction after they passed me. I could see if they paid no second thoughts, looked back and stared, or giggled to their friends. I was relieved to note that nobody really even gave me a second glance. Even the people that definitely checked me out on the way in had no reactions after they passed. They just went about their shopping. This experience really lifted my spirits about crossdressing and blending. And all of your posts are definitely spot on. Once you take your first small steps in the water I want to go and experience more and more. This was all thanks to this website and all of your support.
    Courtney

Welcome to the site, Courtney! Just going by your profile pic I'd say that you present very well! I totally understand your hesitance to leave your comfort zone, but I really don't think you would have any problem. I've been in your shoes, also...

Suzanne

Well done Courtney - you vanquished your fears and had fun too

Good for you Courtney: It gets easier, and confidence has a lot to do with it, so enjoy!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

congratulations Courtney, and wlecome to our community.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    Hi Courtney and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you had a really great outing glad to hear it. Keep it up and have a Happy New Year, sounds like you will now that your confidence level has increased.enjoy yourself.

Well done Courtney... Congratz...

Most folk really are just wrapped up in their own world of worries, feelings, fears and obsessions - few are very observant, and if they are, so what? As long as you're somewhere fairly public and safe, and you're content with that...

Enjoy your journey!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hello Courtney,

Congrats . . . the first steps as a day walker are always the hardest. I remember agonizing over getting out the car for my first appearance in public. You have found what many here find . . . no pitchforks or mobs with torches . . . just people so engrossed in their own life that they seldom take time to notice those around them. The other thing you discovered is the exhilaration which will lead to a call to go out more and if you feel comfortable then you should so long as it brings you joy and happiness. However, you do need a thick skin of sorts once things progress to being in closer proximity to others as we all inevitably get read/clocked/made. So expect a few giggles/guffaws, points, stares and perhaps a few rude comments . . . goes with the territory the key is to just continue being happy with who you are . . . it their baggage to deal with not yours as you are not doing anything wrong or hurting anyone.

Cheers and congrats again on your fledgling steps.

Marcelle

congratulations on finding the courage to go out. it will be easier and easier for you as you realize most people really do not pay attention....well done

Congrats on the successful outing!! I have yet to muster up the courage to do that but reading stories like this does give me hope that I can someday do the same.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Hi there Courtney. Welcome to a very friendly forum.

Good for you Courtney. Going out is a completely different dimension and so enjoyable.

If you do have any problems with an outing, pull up your big girl panties and do it again. The results will lift your spirits. The people here have taught me that and so much more.

It sounds like a great first outing. It's hard t tell from your avatar how well you present, but from what I can see, I think you look good.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Congratulations Courtney it's really great when you realize most people are about their own business and as long as you are being just normal and shopping and such you will be accepted. That's what I've always found, hope you get more chances to go out