Thread: Telling my youngest daughter?

Telling my youngest daughter?

I am really being moved to tell my youngest daughter who is into fashion, make-up, shoes, etc. I have so many shoes that I feel like she probably knows already but just want her to know. She lives with my wife and I so it would bring so many more options to me dressing.

Anyways, it has been a while since I have been on here and wanted to share something with you girls.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

my youngest was 8 or 9, she is okay having a slighly crazy dad.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My 14 yr old daughter has been going out everywhere with me since she was 5. She is happy that she has a unique parent. She has had an accepting upbringing. I feel sorry for those on here that promoted rigid viewpoints and now have to live in their closets because their offspring will think less of them.

I've been widowed now for over 18 months. I felt compelled to tell my daughters that I cross dress because my drawers and closet are overflowing with feminine items. In case I went into the hospital or something worse, I wanted to give them a heads up. It turned into a don't ask/don't tell situation. My daughters are in their 30's. I was a little disappointed as they're quite liberal in their views, especially my older daughter. On the plus side, nothing negative happened.

Silver Member
    I don't know anything about your situation or your daughter. Only you can make the call about telling her. But if she is young, and if she must keep your dressing a secret from your wife and your family, you may want to wait until she is more independent.

You may also want to evaluate the benefit of telling her against the risks. You don't want to risk isolating her if she has problems with your dressing. She probably needs you more as her dad than you need to tell her to benefit your dressing options.

we have been very open and are very accepting about everything with our two daughters. the youngest is very open as most of her generation's kids are. love is love and fits into every category is her opinion. she is an aspiring make up artist and she could really help me in the future.

@heatherdress - my wife knows and is very accepting.

I love and appreciate all the advice to date.

I have not told my daughter.
    She probably wouldn't be surprised though.
    She has caught me with lace panties sticking out top of jeans. My wife and I
    Played it off. She was younger then.
    I think she suspects somethings different about me though.

Banned Read only
    Kristyn,
    I assume from you comment that your daughter lives with your wife that you're not together anymore ?
    You don't say how old your daughter is but if the situation is as I assume would it create a problem between your daughter and your wife ?
    My daughter is very supportive and she even offered any help when I go to my first social meeting, I thanked her but declined the offer because I don't want her caught in the middle of the situation with my wife !

Sorry I've just read that your wife is very supportive, so I guess it changes the situation , if your daughter wants to help with make up and your wife is OK with it then you shouldn't have a problem .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-03-2016 at 10:31 AM.

@donna She has seen my toes painted before and we played it off as it was "Mom's Idea" I love your "she suspects" line. I believe mine does too!

@Teresa Yes, as you said, we do all live together. I really do not think she would think much of it but my wife is very hesitant on my telling her. My youngest is 19 yo. My oldest is a few years ahead of her and I would never disclose this information with her. She would never understand or get "it"

How old is your daughter Teresa?
    Last edited by Kristyn Hill; 01-04-2016 at 11:24 AM.

My reply is does she really need to know, but reading other replies here it seems positive to tell her.

Think about it first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Kristyn,
    My son is 34 and my daughter 38, she can't believe it and neither can we but the clock keeps ticking !
    They both know about my dressing but as I said in a thread it's not 100% being out because they know but they haven't seen me and that's a big difference when it comes to acceptance !

Yes, it will give YOU more opportunities to dress, but what about her? I am not saying that it will automatically be a negative. Everyone's situation is unique to their own. Kids will be unique as well. She may be ok with knowing, but not comfortable seeing, so in a sense, nothing will actually be gained for YOU, or her really, other than if you are incidentally seen. How open do YOU want to be? If you are feeling that you want to take your dressing public and will be seen in the area, sure, best to tell her then have someone else tell her they saw you. If you are choosing to remain not seen in public, or at least in the area, then it becomes a matter of how well she may accept you dressed, or not.

I am not advocating not telling her. I am just saying think hard about it, from a perspective besides just your own desire to be dressed more.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

@BeverlySims Duly Noted.

@Teresa I agree. The visual may not help either of us. you are right

@gendermutt I do not ever plan on going out full time so your perspective is right on. I am going out for my 3rd time this Friday but after dark and a Girls Like Us Party!