Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murphy had a good laugh yesterday on New Year's Eve...isn't it always the way?

Something like that happened to me many years ago, ruined my girly outfit and my good humor, so I took the female advice and joined AAA. And on more than one occasion have had to call them to change a tire or start a dead battery, instead of doing it myself and wrecking my dress, shoes and nails. And you know, the AAA responders have never given a second glance nor tossed an unkind word at en-femme old me. I'll call AAA even when the car is dead in our driveway!

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    You or she should have done what I did when I had a flat tire last year. I stood next to the rear of my car looking helpless and upset which I really was. In less than 15 minutes I had a gallant gentleman stop and replace my flat tire with my spare. He was cute too, so I gave him a quick kiss to thank him I wonder if my short skirt and 4" heels were the reason he stopped?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Murphy struck me once like that, but in reverse.

I was due to go out in drab but the Zipper stuck at the last minute and I had to stay dressed.

Oh! Darn! :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I carry "cheaters" in all my cars -- a length of galvanized pipe large enough to slip over the end of the lug wrench to extend it for extra leverage.
    Yep. Me too. I think the tire stores have their air wrenchs cranked up as high as they will go, to make sure no tire ever comes off, so they can't be sued.

I thought we had all the potholes here in Michigan.

You SHOULD be able to change a tire with the equipment that comes with the car. Properly torqued is important. Too much is not better. Ask your tire shop to use a torque wrench.