Thread: Car shopping

Car shopping

Anyone ever been car shopping while dressed ?? If so how did it go. I did many years ago when I was really really confident. It was a chilly morning in late October and I wanted to get out and ride around in the next town over. I dressed in jeans,sandles,button down blouse and a cute Lil half denim jacket. While driving around I pulled into a car dealership basically just to get out and streach my legs. While I was looking at the price of a new Honda Accord I was startled by the voice of a salesman. "Straight up panic" I used my best voice and answered him saying I was just looking but thanks. He walked around with me and offered to let me drive one. I was on cloud nine cause I was passing and being treated like a normal person. After a quick thought I agreed. Little did I know that I had to leave a photo copy of my drivers license. Lol but at this point I was feeling brave and agreed. So with purse in hand I entered the dealership and sat in the salesmans office with my legs crossed and purse in my lap. I gave him my license and told him that I was a guy that crossdressed ....... he didn't care at all !!! He said I was attractive and passable and didn't really care what I had on. He returned with my license and we went for a drive. This is one of my most memorable crossdressing experiences.

passing, shmpaassing . . . if anyone would totally accept you it's a car salesman! They would lick the bottom of anyone's Jimmy Choo's to keep you from leaving the dealership without a sale. But I think you are onto something - what a great way to practice - go in dressed for a test drive . Hmmm what sort of cars does a cross dresser like? I read once that two cars that tend to appeal to gay men are Jeep Wranglers and Mazda Miatas. Two cars that I happen to fancy also (Im a hetero CD though). I already have a Jeep Wrangler TJ that I absolutely love! Would like to add the Miata some day. So perhaps I am a little light in the loafers, not sexually but at least as far as my clothing interests lie. Fun thread start BTW -Byee for now -Annie.

I was on a Toyota lot one evening looking at the new model year of my current car. I thought the place closed at eight, but it was a pleasant evening and a couple of eager beaver salesmen were still on the lot. "Those are a nice ride" said one of the guys who had stealthfully snuck up. "Uh... Yeah, my 'brother' has one and I was passing by to see what they were like"
    I told him I was happy with my current vehicle, pointing to my wife's car, and I just wanted to see what my brother was excited over. He wished me a good evening and headed towards a couple nearby. Car lots can be a great place to walk around dressed, but be prepared to be ambushed!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Heidi, if it was a Toyota dealership and you were en femme, odds are that they would ultimately have tried to sell you one of their iconic "chick-mobiles" such as a Prius or a Versa .

Of all places in the world that is one that has never crossed my mind. I just might have to try it though, sounds like it was a good time.

Annie, I used to have a wrangler, loved that thing. I wonder if it's cuz barbie has one, haha.

"I love the car, but does it come in Cherries in the Snow?"

Aspiring Member
    Yes I have. My wife and I needed a newer car this was when she was ok with me dressing) and stopped at a Buick dealership. Salesman came out and asked if he could help us ladies find something. We settled on a lasabre and when it was time to do the paperwork he never batted an eye at my license or anything. 15. minutes later financing approve he said come back tomorrow at noon and Puck it up. No problems, of course he wasn't going to say anything cause he didn't want to lose a sale. It was fun watching him though.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never tried it in all girl mode but it sounds like fun.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Heidi, if it was a Toyota dealership and you were en femme, odds are that they would ultimately have tried to sell you one of their iconic "chick-mobiles" such as a Prius or a Versa .
    Do Toyota dealers up there sell Nissans? Uh-oh, gender check, too much car knowledge. Never mind...

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Not been into a show room. But I still love to drive dressed. This CD drives a sporty little jap hatch in the winter, with room for my surf gear and a baby rocket ship on wheels, euro Roadster, when the sun comes out. Yep , I love driving.
    Last edited by Jane G; 01-05-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Nice one, Marti. That's a pretty good idea for a place to gain some confidence. We have a few auto malls here...multiple dealerships all strung together. One could go from lot to lot and really get some mileage from their outing (pardon the pun.)

Silver Member
    Glad your experience was good, Marti, but car buying entails significant scrutiny and interaction with unknown sales people, in a busy, well-lit public environment. It might be difficult for a lot of crossdressers to feel comfortable.

Jane G, you just used the "j" word, tsk tsk, offensive.

I am looking for a new car, but don't feel like dressing up for a salesman. I go in like any GG, in a top and jeans.

So far, not much luck. The car we want is not plentiful and the dealers are charging exorbitantly for it. They're really friendly until it comes time to talk turkey. C'mon fellows, it's a Honda, not a Veyron!