Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Fart question

Silver Member

Old Fart question

Hello, ladies.

I'm sitting at my PC wearing a white lace top over a white, strapless bra,with sticky silicone forms (not breast forms), wearing beautiful red lipstick (my favorite color), sipping on a vodka and wondering if the feelings i have of being TG rather then just a CD is so unusual. I truely love my pretty side and can't get enough of it. Does this resonate with you in any way?

This is my first post, so please be kind. Love this forum and the ladies with whom I've lurked these many years !!

Jenny22

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Welcome to the forums .

Just how old are you?
    I'm 68 and do not consider myself myself "old"

As far as CD vs TS....
    It has sometimes been said that how far one progresses from "just" a CD is often based on one's opportunities .
    Also, there are many shades of grey of a CD. and where one fits on the CD vs TS "scale".

So, whatever seems right for you...
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 01-08-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Silver Member
    I'm 80, though in my present mind, I am much, much younger.

Banned Read only
    Not unusual at all Jenny, MANY here are 'tweens, Twin Twin Spirit (no, not vodka and Rum...well maybe 😉 ), C++ C##, etc...' Gender is a scale, choose your number and go with it 😀 (I'm a 7 btw 😉 )

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well, u got me beat, Jenny. And, that doesn't happen here very often! I'm over 70.

I started out dressing in my 50's as a TS. Turns out I'm just a CD. But, took me over 10 years to figure that out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    I'm 80, though in my present mind, I am much, much younger.
    In your, "present mind", you're much younger. While I prefer to actually PRESENT YOUNGER!
    And, yes. Sherry looking pretty is very important to me, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

wondering if the feelings i have of being TG rather then just a CD
    Really depends upon why you're crossdressing, and if the rest of your behavior is male pattern or female pattern. The 'why' part you'll have to figure out either with a therapist or on your own. The behavior you can sort of learn about by just reading about it, in such books like Alan and Barbara Pease' series that gives lots of examples of how each gender sees the world, communicates, and behaves. I'll give you one; do you like to chat about nothing in particular? When you're with a friend, will you talk through a tv show or movie? If one of your friends hasn't called you in a week, do you worry that they're intentionally giving you the silent treatment? If they haven't called you in two weeks, and you know that they're perfectly healthy, doing well at work, but haven't called YOU, do you worry that there's seriously something wrong in your relationship? Or do you know guys who you haven't spoken to in years, but would have no problem walking up to in the street and get along just fine? Men and women behave differently in many ways.
    Start here: http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Listen-Wo...=barbara+pease
    And pick up some of their other books, used on amazon they're a penny + shipping.
    Happy reading!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I guess that makes me a pre old fart being 63.
    Welcome Jenny and enjoy your time with us.

Hi All, I am 75 an have been told that as a women I look in my late 50 's to early 60's don't you love it. I am with Barbara Jo, old that is a state of mind an shade's of gary, I now have beauitful red to auburn hair made my self lose 55 lbs down to a 16 women a going for a 14. The only thing is that i am being hit on by women, when they find out i am a man they get this look in there eye's. Don't you just love it. Jo

Going on 62 and feel great. I have been a dedicated exerciser since I was 25. Exercise, eat sensibly, take care of your skin. You will be fine. You cannot escape old age. But you can enjoy yourself and maintain a youthful appearance both physically and emotionally.

Jenny,
    Reading one of your earlier posts you talked about venturing out in the car dressed and taking walks around parking lots. However you also say you don't dress your age so from that can we take it it's a little risque?

I would suggest that before you can decide on where you sit on the gender spectrum you need to decide whether or not you're prepared to dress appropriately and venture out into the muggle world. If the answer to that is no then I would say you're not TS. Nothing wrong in that. Being just another of us "mature", I like that better than old, CD'ers is fine. Another question you need to consider is would you be prepared to live 24/7 enfemme. It sounds great but having done it a few times, after 4-5 days shaving, makeup on, makeup off, dressing, carrying a handbag, etc etc etc it can get tiring and the shine goes off it and it's good to be back in drab.

Use the advice others here give and explore more your basic dressing side and get a feel for where you want to take that. Things will have a way of sorting themselves out.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

In the old fart department I guess at 88 (trying for 90) I guess I qualify and while I have a closet full of pretties

I will only ever wear them at home.

Vieja

Is it just me or are people here still mixing their abbreviations up..? I know, I know - but this is why having accepted meanings is sometimes important...

Jenny - you used the expression "TG rather then just a CD". You realise it is possible to identify as transgender and still just crossdress...? This is pretty much a choice for you of how much your feminine part plays in your persona, not necessarily just how you express or dress.

Unless you meant TS (transexual) which is a whole different world to be in...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that at 80, it probably doesn't matter a whole hoot how you identify - If you feel right; If you feel happy; and if you can satisfy how pretty you want to be and feel and not upset anyone else, then just do what you want to do! Make the most of it...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Reality Check
    If you are confused about what you are, it may be time to see a professional.

Of course the question is; does it matter what label you hang on yourself? I don't think it does.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the forum.

Before discovering CD.com, I was initially identifying as CD. But over several years of reading posts and self-analysis, today I consider myself TG. I am about 60/40 female/male. I feel I am my authentic self and happier today than in years past. Also, identifying as TG explains my life journey to date.

Although I do not go out fully presenting as a female, I am comfortable M-F at work underdressing, including a bra, and on weekends wearing ladies jeans and tops, forms and light makeup.

If you identify as TG, explore your gender presentation comfort level and build on it.

Cheers,
    Michele

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Krisi I think Jenny has a pretty good handle on who she is and is comfy with herself so seeing a professional at 80 is kind of a moot point.
    Unless you want to stir up crap by having doctors inject things in your medical record that don't need to be there IMO.

At 51 I feel like an old fart sometimes when I look in the mirror in guy mode. When I am fully dressed with makeup and hair I feel like I am much younger, late 30's - early 40's. I guess I am more of a TV than CD or somewhere in the middle.

I am old. Quite old, at nearly 70. However, I am not an old fart, and nobody on here is. If I hear anybody using the term 'old fart' here again, I shall send my transformation angel to them in the night so that they know that they may be old. But a FART? Never.

To all of you here, a hug. To all of you on here who are over fifty, - lots of them!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

heck girls I got ya all beat i am 13 just ask my wife

Silver Member
    To all of you wonderful people, thanks so much for your thoughts and recommendations! After years of lurking, that's why I joined this forum, and I'm truly so very happy that I did. I can only grow, now.

My bad! I promise not to use the "f@@t" word any more. "Extremely mature" might certainly be more appropriate, should the need arise.

To Vieja, not 90 … 100 !!

OX Jenny 22

At 80, therapy is not a real option for me. I believe I am quite well versed and aware of what my girly side is all about (I've dressed most of my life) except for feeling more TG, not TX. As for venturing out to more then parking lots, I'd have to dress my age to blend, wear a grey wig and more mature (dowdy?) clothing. I can't do that, really, because I'm dressing to a much younger age (Not at all ****ty), and loving it. Does that make sense?

Well, I recently turned 70 and thought I was one of the 'older' folks here, but guess I was mistaken..
    I too, dress younger and have recently started to 'step-out' shopping en-femme, thanks to my step-daughter..
    The wife tags along, and is happy to have a 'partner in crime', to support her while I do my thing..
    I enjoy my time as a guy, but absolutely LOVE to look 'pretty' on occasion..
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.. I love being a CD; nothing more..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    At 80, therapy is not a real option for me.
    Why? There's no reason why speaking to psychologists is restricted by age. You're here discussing it. Why not with someone who has a wider view of gender issues? And, in many cases, they might be willing to accept whatever insurance pays. Even though a few doctors don't particulary like medicare (if indeed you're in the U.S.), they understand that it's necessary and most often accept it, because they know that they, too, will be old someday.
    As for venturing out to more then parking lots, I'd have to dress my age
    Again, why? You have the best excuse. You can say you're in your second childhood. People let old folks get away with being a 'little eccentric' in all kinds of ways.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am 66. For the past two years my wife and I have spent 5-6 months traveling in our Airstream trailer in the Northwest US. We actually were at the bird sanctuary visitor center so much in the news lately.

My wife has a rule of threes..... at least one item of clothing must be drab. I got a lot of tube socks! LOL!

I was conservatively dressed the whole time.... mainly the fresh scrubbed Iowa farm wife.

I hope I have another 20 years to go (currently 68 and dressed) with a closet full, looking to add more

Iam almost 69 . And untill i found myself on this site,i thought i was the alone. I so do enjoy my CDing and I am a more attractive lady than man (at least i think so). Knowing that there are so many others that enjoy dressing is so reassuring.
    Thank you all and welcome Jenny

Age is a matter of mind, since i'm 67 i do not mind so it does not matter. I have been on hormones for medical reasons from an intersex condition, feel great and seeing a counsellor this week to move forward.