Thread: Donating clothing...to your daughter?! 😮

Banned Read only

Donating clothing...to your daughter?! 😮

I admit I kinda binged on the online Moncler store since they finally began shipping to north America and I bought a Moncler Badete in a size too small �� . It's a ridiculously expensive jacket and I'm certainly not going to give it away and my daughter could totally rock the look it but how the heck do you do that...she knows I'm 'fluid' btw and completely OK but....I'm her freaking dad?!.

2016-01-08-22-28-51-1623414756.jpg
    Last edited by Robin414; 01-09-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Heck, daughters and I swap clothes, make up all the time, you'll get used to it and she will love you more for your cool gifts
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

"Here I bought this and it cost a mint and it's too small for me and I don't want to give it away. I never wore it out or anything. Do you want it?"

My wife and I trade clothes all the time these days. She just snagged a really nice cardigan I ordered from Aeropostale and only had a chance to try on once. It fit me beautifully and looked good, but she loved it and asked me for it and I'm not going to say no to her.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Silver Member
    Tell her you bought it as a gift for her. That seems much less awkward than calling it a hand me down. Either way, if it's as awesome as you say, all misgivings will be forgotten once she sees herself in the mirror.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've tried to donate cool stuff to my 21 y/o daughter. She wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole! And, I've seen her give stuff to charities that was cool. But, I won't go there!

My limit was some sexy outfits my ex left when she moved out. Because she'll never fit in any of them again!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have given my daughter a few of my clothes - she is quite happy to accept them and wear them
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 01-09-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Repeat after me - "Happy Birthday!"

"I thought this would be perfect for you."
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

gaaaaa....What a lucky girl.....
    Susan

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I bet she'd hate it, so just send it to me I'm small. J/K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

I buy clothes for my daughters all the time. Make up, too. They are very appreciative. Your daughter would likely appreciate your sweet gift, too.

Just say, "Hey I thought you'd look really good in this... try it on and see if you like it."

Though I suppose if you feel like you have to camouflage it, you could get her more stuff later.

Tell her you got it for Christmas and it's too small and does she want it.

Since when is it wrong to give your daughter a gift?

My closet is open to my entire family!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Give it to her.....after all it's cool clothing, I doubt if she will care where it came from. I share things with my wife and grand daughter frequently and all they care about is how it looks .........................Debra

I have given my daughter several things I bought for myself. Sometimes because it was a size too small, and sometimes because it just 'wasn't me'. She has appreciated it, usually, and if she didn't want it, (not her style either), she has no issues saying so. She also occasionally borrows things from Ceera's wardrobe. It's no big deal at all for her.

I have to admit, I'm surprised to see this degree of hesitancy from "fight ya!" girl...

She knows you're fluid and made a boo-boo with a purchase - what fashion-conscious offspring would not take advantage of the parental purse, whether it's her mom or her old man...? (Idiomatic English - of course you're just mature... errr... and not, perhaps, 100% man... kinda... )

Go do it and make her week!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the nudge Katey, I believe I will! Gotta do something with it while it's still in style (and season)...missed the boat with those damn leg warmers pink satin jacket with the shoulder pads 😡

As of late my daughter is getting alot of nice sexy stuff as im new to buying and with the no return on sexy undergarments i tell her mom bought them for her and didnt fit...lol

Nothing wrong with the truth if youre out to her
    Samantha -x-

I think you will make a new best friend of your daughter if you give her the jacket.

She will probably still love her freakin' dad. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.