Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Gain On HRT

I'm 18 months HRT. I lost 3 pounds during my first 6 months HRT, and another 5 pounds when I had bronchitis - probably this was because I was eating extremely light. Since then I fluctuate +/- 3 pounds, but my weight stays pretty stable according to the scales. However, people who haven't seen me in a long time say that I have definitely lost a lot of weight. Perhaps I lost some muscle weight, and maybe fat redistributed itself in a way that I appear thinner than I really am.

Fwiw. It seems that a lot of MTFs gain weight from estrogen because estrogen slows our metabolisms, making it more difficult to lose weight. A lot of FTM's also gain weight - that is caused by the increase in appetite from testosterone.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I well into my third month on HRT,it will be interesting how will affect my weight but I already lost 10 pounds ,maybe because of the diuretic effect of Spiro and some muscle mass loss.People say I look like my mom and she always been slim her whole life, but it really don't matter I welcome any changes from the HRT.

Gold Member
    I am wondering about the impact of estrogen and progesterone separately on weight. I went over a year on HRT and I watched what I ate somewhat. My weight was stable (+/- 3 lbs, back and forth). Then my doc doubled my progesterone and I am up 20 pounds in the 6 months since. I watched my weight on the initial dosage levels because I expected to gain weight. So it gives the appearance that the additional progesterone made me more susceptible to weight gain. Since progesterone results are largely unproven, I am working with that thought until proven otherwise. I am back to the gym (I was out of shape anyway) and really need a dietary adjustment to go with it.

Untitled
    I'm not sure there is a correlation with weight gain and HRT. My weight has stayed stable throughout the process. The only time I noticed any difference was when I was unwell.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I gained twenty pounds from the time starting hormones to about six months post-op. I made the decision to lose it and then some. After three months I have lost the twenty and then some. My thing was to drink tons of water, run 40 minutes five nights a week indoors at home. The twenty was easy, after that the process is slower but my aim is to lose another ten pounds for good measure even though my weight is perfect for my frame.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

I have been on HRT for 10 months. I was injured at last years Boston marathon and didn't really begin running again until October. I had gained about 10 pounds. I began using Isagenix and have been training adamantly for last 6 weeks. I am down below weight at last years Boston. I hope to get below 160 before the race on April 19th. That is my strategy less weight since no testosterone. I have to say losing the weight is more difficult on HRT. I am running 40!miles a week at this point. Another reason to get super thin is upcoming SRS. I know I will be gaining some weight as I heal after May 12th!!!!
    Suzanne