Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Gain On HRT

Weight Gain On HRT

Have you gained or lost weight on estrogen? Maybe stayed the same? Please post your experience!

Aspiring Member
    18 months on HRT and no noticeable difference. I *feel* bigger but the scale says otherwise. I expected at least some gain from my breasts but apparently not.

When I started E it became much harder to loose weight, I had to almost starve myself to start loosing again at a slower rate..

Yes.

About a year after my orchi, I began to have a very difficult time keeping weight off. I'm currently struggling like hell to lose weight and none of my old tricks seem to be working worth a damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I am curious if there is a correlation between the weight gain and the. Body frame of the women on your family?

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I currently straddle -/+ 3lbs. Happy when on the minus side; grumpy when on the plus. Losing beyond where I am proving almost impossible.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Before I began hrt I lost around 140 lbs. After a few years I have gain back about 80 of them. Losing again now and lost about 20 since mid December. Harder now than before.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

On spiro + estradiol I've lost some weight, possibly loss of muscle mass as much as anything. Then again I've also been paying more attention to taking care of myself, tracking incidental exercise to make sure I'm getting enough, and so forth.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I certainly found it a little harder to keep the weight loss goal I have achieved. I've had just about all the loss of muscle mass I'm going to achieve and I'm getting some fat redistribution. I'm hoping and further weight gain will be bum, hips and boobs but I doubt I'll be that lucky :-)
    Call me Donna, please

I'm not no hrs yet and this is a big concern of mine.

I'm 9 months in on HRT and I've had no real loss or gain. Been hanging around 190 for the past 4 years. I do go to a gym regularly and I hike and canoe a lot. I am trying to drop 5 to 10 pounds for Keystone, so we'll see how difficult HRT makes that.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Lost,, Still Losing,, Hopefully will keep it up,, I am way to Big in the first place,, Not to Big for a FAT Man but the other is a different story all together,,lol,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Gold Member
    First 15 months I paid attention and stayed perfectly stable. Then I got real busy and 7 months later, I am up 20 pounds. I didn't have any fitness program, so fitting that in and seeing where I sit then.

The holidays and a busy life style (Fast Food) made it easy to gain some. HRT makes it hard to lose it.

Jeri

Silver Member
    I lost over 100 pounds on a diet that started (as best I can recall) two or three months before starting hormones and extending a couple of years after start. I have gained about 20 back, mostly because I haven't been exercising lately. I started back up again about a month ago. It's going a lot slower than before!

My siblings are all large – in the 300 to 400 pound range. My parents were not. My father was tall and fit. My mother was very average.

There seems to be a bit of wisdom around stating that one should try to loose as much as possible towards your goal prior to starting HRT as it gets harder after that. I didn't have to loose a lot, but certainly some. I lost 25 pounds prior to starting HRT 9 months or so ago. Since then, haven't lost an ounce!! Pretty much stable. I am hoping to start my exercise regime once again after a 2.5 month hiatus for other medical reasons, so I am hoping to start loosing again, though I only NEED to loose about another 5, but don't get me wrong....I would LIKE to loose another 10 or 12. So we wait and see.

So, yes, it has certainly slowed down for me. Sigh...
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I take it this is a good thing that I am moving to a city in which I will be walking a lot after starting HRT?

Yup....I have started to walk to work again, and it is a pleasant 30 minute walk each way and it really does help! I am hoping to start back running again, but in the meantime, this is great exercise....Good for you !
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Got down to 155 when I last lived in Chicago and who knows how much weight I lost last time around during winter with burning calories to stay warm.

My weight is about the same. As long as I have a light exercise routine and avoid overeating, it seems to remain stable.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Thanks for asking that question, as it is a big concern of mine as well.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Thanks for this info folks. I am about to start HRT and I am about 8 lbs over my optimum guy weight for a few months now due to a heavy work load (not time for enough hiking) and the holidays. Now on a mission to shed the extra baggage in the next few weeks before the hrt really kicks in.
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Gained weight like crazy. If anybody mentions my eating, I eat them. Problem solved. I really need to get back to the gym.

I typically would gain 10-15lb's over winter and lose it over summer. On HRT I was gaining weight much quicker and it was much harder to lose. But where I was gaining was much different. I was gaining it mostly in my butt, hips and thighs and my belly and waist was the first to lose it. In a way it has been good for the figure but it's so hard to stay in shape. I'm constantly working out and watching what I eat. Never had to worry about that before HRT.

Once started HRT, it became really hard to lose weight. I had progesterone for a few weeks, I gained 10 pounds in 15 days, I was never able to get rid of them so far. And with estrogen, I discovered the wonderful world of cravings, which makes it harder.