Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow! What a day!

Great story Becky--thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us!
    -Dayna

Self-professed godess of Photoshop... because a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Silver Member
    Love the outfit---it really ''suits'' you. (pun intended)

You look wonderful. Oh, how I dream of having days like that. The outfit is you.

WOW Becky, what a great story, I enjoyed every word of it, felt as if I was with you. Sounds like a fabulous day out, probably cost a bit, but obviously worth every cent. You look really fab in that suit, and so nice to know that all the shops were friendly towards you, no wonder you want to do it again and..............

Wow Becky, you look absolutely fantastic.
    I would love to get a suit - just so damn expensive here.

Gail

Hi Becky

A wonderful day for you Becky.

I very pleased for you.

The pic is terrific and im turning green with envy.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Meag
    WOW, you look great. No wonder you were treated like a lady, I would have treated you the same. A size 12, lucky you, for me, that is big enough for one leg and one arm. LADY, you look great, beautiful suit.

Meag
    Your shopping trip sounds wonderful, and you look terrific in the new suit, and the shoes, and the accessories! I love Dress Barn where I have shopped en femme several times. The sales people have always been courteous and helpful; on one of my trips a saleslady named "Willow" gave me some great suggestions about choosing clothes that would be flattering on me. I'm much larger than a size 12 (usually wearing a 20 or 22) and I have fairly narrow hips and broad shoulders, so I usually use hip padding to help balance my proportions. But finding clothes to fit has been fun when I have had the courage to go to Dress Barn or Lane Bryant or even Macy's and Penney's.

Your description of your day has given me a lift. Thank you so much!
    warmly, Linnea

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    Thank you so much girls for all of your lovely comments. You all really know how to make a girl feel good deep down inside! You are all so sweet!

Hugs,
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall
    Becky
    That outfit is YOU. You look great in it and the shoes look nice too. Glad to hear you love Dress Barn. I have good experiences there, too, both drab and dressed. P.S. Did you have the shorter hair when out shopping? It does look nice on you.
    Hi Sherrie,

Thank you so much girl! I had the shorter hair style when I was out shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren
    Hi Becky

That certainly is a lovely suit, you have great taste. You know, I have never had any problems while shopping, everyone is always friendly to me because that's how I am to them. I think sales people really appreciate courtesy and respect, it makes their day.

Karen
    Hi Karen,

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

Hugs,
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Becky: That is a great story and so few of us are brave enough to do it. You look lovely in your new skirt suit. I too live in NJ and have shopped in Cherry Hill Mall. I am an older CD and a few years ago in the mall I was buying panties while in male drag and the sales lady all but insisted that I try them on so as to be sure that they fit. I declined the offer. Felicia
    Don't you just love when that happens? I know I do

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    Looks to me like you made a good choice there. It's a lovely suit, and it looks really good on you. Very tasteful! You sure had a great day, didn't you? I'm very glad for you! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Now whaddya gonna do? Get an office job so you can wear it to work?
    I would love to! Shhhhhhhh......Wanna know a secret? That's a fantasy of mine!

Hugs,
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahexi
    WOW Becky, what a great story, I enjoyed every word of it, felt as if I was with you. Sounds like a fabulous day out, probably cost a bit, but obviously worth every cent. You look really fab in that suit, and so nice to know that all the shops were friendly towards you, no wonder you want to do it again and..............
    Not to sound like that TV commercial but:

The suit - $49.99
    The shoes - $17.99
    The jewelry - $10.00
    The experience - [SIZE=6]PRICELESS!!!!
    [SIZE=2]
    Hugs,
    Becky[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Hi Becky:

Love that suit and it looks so good on you. If I saw you on the street, i would take you for none other than a GG out shopping after a day in the office.
    While we do not have Dress Barn stores in Canada, I had a very similar experience when on vacation last Nov. in Virginia.
    I was femme but wearing slacks as well. Went into a Dress Barn, saw a suit i liked in the same colour i was looking at in another store which was not my size.
    Asked the sales girl if i could try it on, and she said certainly. Only had the one suit to try and she then told me i could take more in at the same time.
    A few minuets later she came to the door and asked how i was doing. She told me that there were 3 way mirrors that i could see how it looked even though i had made up my mind already. She did comment that it looked good and the skirt hung very well.
    Asked about tops, and she said to come out into the store ( I had the suit on ) to see what we could match up. It felt so good to be treated like a lady, and if she did realize that I was TG, she sure did not show it.
    I am lucky as well that I am able to wear the same size jacket as well as the skirt, so that makes shopping much easier

For shoes I need a narrow one, and have had my best luck with Nauralizer.

I makes one feel so great when treated like a lady, but then again, a lot of the sales girls are paid on commission, so the more they sell, the better for them. I will definately go back to that store next time in the area.

Denise

Becky,
    Looking good as usual, girl. Ever thought of buying Dress Barn and Payless Stock? Great experience. and you're going to introduce me to the Dress Barn girls when?
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

That suit looks great on you ,and I,m glad to hear that you had a pleasant day out as well.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Becky,

Great post!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAnderson
    I just can't believe how friendly people are towards the transgendered.......It was like they REALLY didn't care that I was a man dressed as a woman! They all treated me like a woman!
    How about that perhaps their attitude could be a reflection on just how good you look or how feminine you behave. Going solely on your pictures, you sure look totally passable to me....way to close to call. Anyway, whatever the reason those sales women sound fantastic

It must be so great to be totally accepted as a woman. I do ok when I go out en femme in daylight but I don't speak.....I just smile a lot.

You're an insparation to me
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 02-18-2006 at 09:00 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Darling
    It must be so great to be totally accepted as a woman. I do ok when I go out en femme in daylight but I don't speak.....I just smile a lot.
    I have been doing some different things, one being that I am fluent in sign language which works well. The other being an Irish accent which hasn't been a problem so far. Then again I've only been out a couple of times.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAnderson
    Not to sound like that TV commercial but:

The suit - $49.99
    The shoes - $17.99
    The jewelry - $10.00
    The experience - [SIZE=6]PRICELESS!!!!
    [SIZE=2]
    Hugs,
    Becky[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Becky says it all

Hug's and Kisses
    Sarah
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Smile

Wow, Becky, NICE suit & pic! 10/10 in my book! Wow!

What a great adventure and experience! I'm SOOOO happy for you!

I LOVE that skirt, too. It's got Ava written all over it, too!
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    lookin' good, that suit and shoe is a good combo and thanks for the trip event and sounds like you had a wonderful time!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

You look great ,honey.

Yes WOW Becky that is a really nice looking business suit, just right for the office, you have accessoriced it very well and shows well in the photo. Very enjoyable account of your outing and pleasing to see the results.
    Last edited by Sabrina Flowers; 02-19-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Becky, good for you girl. what a great day, and that suit looks lovely on you. There is nothing like a girl day out shopping.

Smile

well Becky i don't think anyone knew you were a man in a dress from your pic you look great and with that confidence you pass. sounds like a wonderful day i would love to have a day like that someday
    hugs
    Ronda