Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why fitness is important

I'm starting to slowly develop a bit of a belly on me, so I've been cheating a little by wearing my lil' black underbra corset when the need arises
    Gurlz they wanna have fu'hun. Oh gurlz just wanna have fu'hun x

It's basically the same for me. I was "comfortably" in BMI obese territory and suppressing my dressing. At the same time, being so out of shape made it unfulfilling to dress as I didn't like how I looked and couldn't wear clothing that I liked. - The typical vicious cycle.

Last year, after my heart surgery, I needed to attend cardio rehab. Before I could go to rehab, I needed to purchase workout clothes that would fit better than the minimal stuff that I had. I've always hated the way men's sweatpants fit and I found the design on most male workout clothing to be too manly and ill fitting. My solution was to buy women's workout tops (albeit in boring, plausible deniability black), women's loose fit exercise pants and compression shorts. The result was not only did I have the incentive to recover from surgery, improve my health with the goal of staying alive to see my daughter graduate from High School this June and then to pay for her to attend the college of her dreams, but I now had a chance to wear clothing that I found to be more comfortable and allowed me to somewhat express my femininity. Many of my workout routines are from women's fitness sites.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Dahling

I hope you don't mind my mentioning it, and you don't care about blending but.... the horns do tend to detract from your cuteness.
    A trim perhaps or a bright scarf.
    Make you less noticeable and less likely to finish up above someone's fireplace.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    At my age, correct nutrition and sleep are extremely important. And, I keep moving. Still employed, I walk 7-10 miles a day and perform physical work. There's also a fitness of the mind to consider. Read, converse, figure stuff out. No sense being good looking and brain dead.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Does sex count as exercise?? LOL......

Kidding aside most of you girls look fab and fit.....

I have had the strongest urge to get some femme workout clothes....some nice leggings and top and some cute girl trainers.....

I have always been pretty fit but I lapse sometimes. I have been planking and doing pushups and pullups every day. I should add some cardio but hey, that's where the sex comes in.......

Lululemon just doesn't look the same on most of us. DOWNWARD DOG, DOWN!

(waving what my Momma gave me)

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I've always been pretty good at working out but inconsistent . But still was getting a little big for my height. Too many calories. Got to a point where my weight was too much and in the last year lost 20 pounds for general health reasons. As a side benefit... I can fit into my girl outfits better . And frankly is one motivation to keep it off... have a few holiday pounds to get back of yet.
    Samantha

Totally agree, exercise really helps look better not just CDing but just in general, looking toned just looks good. I find doing weights with the ocassional cardio workout works for me

Silver Member
    As I mentioned, I have started doing exercise routines I found on You Tube aimed at the problem areas the women tend to have and I have stuck with it for nearly a month. I should have taken some measurements to see if my shape has changed but even if not I feel so much better being in better shape. I do mostly cardio and toning for "a bigger butt" and thigh shaping. The women who I follow is very motivating and she has dozens of programs. I also love to see what outfit she has on, short shorts/bra top or capris and a tank.. A personal goal is to be able to someday have her toe point.

This topic seems to have become very popular. It boils down how important health and crossdressing are to you.
    Keeping your weight within the limit for your height and age is really important for maintaining health. Exercising is good but in the end result it’s a question of calories. An important element of maintaining health is keeping the weight down.
    A corollary of crossdressing is not just wearing female attire but rather being able to wear the clothes you like, which enabled you to express your feminine aspect.. In my case, the sizes are very limited. I had to lose weight and to keep it down to wear what I want. I put crossdressing above food loaded with worthless calories which turn to fat. It was a tough battle but it was worth the effort.
    Samantha summed up this problem of weight and choice of clothes very concisely, "Too many calories. Got to a point where my weight was too much and in the last year lost 20 pounds for general health reasons. As a side benefit... I can fit into my girl outfits better.”

Crossdressers mtf must do exercises to change into female body,and should follow strict diet

I totally agree with the premise that fitness and leanness is important for anyone, irrespective of gender presentation or sexual preference. Both cardio work on the stationary bike, the elliptical and treadmill, and weight training for body shaping. Regarding the latter, however, in my experience every person has his/her own genetic makeup, and the same parts of different bodies are likely to respond differently, and one person's best regime may or may not work for someone else. For my part, my upper body can balloon up with fairly small weights, whereas I can do multiple sets of leg presses at 25 reps and three times my body weight without doing anything to my lower body except increasing the definition and strength of my thighs, and making my buttocks the size and consistency of a slow pitch softball. One of my workout partners is just the opposite, if he does any heavy leg work at all his thighs and calves put on muscle exponentially.

Six months following my heart attack my cardiologist asked what I took for my diabetes? First I had heard of it, lol Learned he was right and changed my habits including what started as a two block walk into a 35 mile bike ride today. i have gone from a size 24 to a 14! Loving it!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I am a firm believer in keeping fit and having a healthy diet. Besides feeling better and not having to deal with nasty side-effects of poor diet, such as late-onset diabetes ( a health crisis in the making) it is so wonderful to fit one's female clothing so well. There seems to be much more fashion choice in the smaller sizes anyway.
    I make use of the gym- (lower weights but lots of repetition does mean you don't bulk up but keep muscles firmly toned) long but brisk walks and lots of cycling. Also I always avoid taking the escalator or elevator where possible and climb the stairs.

I have a friend who, despite leading what he thought was an active lifestyle, was diagnosed with bone mass loss. More walking and lifting modest weights increased his bone density within a year.

Erin, if thats a picture of you on your post what ever you doing you look great. I have been into surfing for over 45years which has kept me in pretty good shape. Recently , about 2 months ago I joined a spa , mostly seniors used the facilities and I started swimming daily , an hour a day , mon. thru fri.Swimming seems to work for me , keeps the body muscles toned. Devone