Thread: My ideal world

My ideal world

I do not want it to be the norm for men to wear feminine clothes as women are able to wear more masculine clothes. If this were so I feel the enjoyment might diminish some what. I like going out and about blending in as a woman. I would love to be maria full time but realise that is not to be. The most important thing is my wife she is very accepting of maria but does not like being seen in public together. At the end of the day she married Arthur not Martha. Work would be a problem as a taxi driver in a predominantly masculine environment I can't imagine the fallout if maria turned up for a shift not to mention dealing with drunks on a Saturday night. There are family friends and acquaintances that I would not want to risk losing. It would be nice to move to a new town with a new job and be maria from day 1. When I am enfemme maria is a woman not a man who likes wearing women's clothes.

I would prefer a society where no one cares what clothing people are wearing

Not married, ever, but can relate. If i came out, to my relatives, and neighbors, and friends, I would be skewered, and in possible danger in this town.

Banned Read only
    Bridget said it right.

Silver Member
    A while back I followed a Yahoo headline "How to figure out the gender of another." and the article simply quoted a college student who said "Simply don't worry about it." as the solution. This is my perfect world! Where regardless of where you are on the gender spectrum, it doesn't matter.

Regarding transgender taxi drivers, there was one in the British TV series "League of Gentlemen".

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    It seems to me that most women are dressing more like men all the time, and it makes me sad. No one seems to like cute tops and pretty dresses where we live. Even women here seem to prefer camouflage clothing, even tho they don't hunt. I wonder what it will be like in a hundred years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Maria - we're all trying to find a balance and harmony in our respective worlds - all you can do is the best to find yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Milli Montanari View Post
    Regarding transgender taxi drivers, there was one in the British TV series "League of Gentlemen".
    There was Milli - the delightful Barbra, Roston Vasey's own... (and please bear in mind this was meant to be humorous in its day - I'm sure Maria won't be in this league.. )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

As I recall, Barbara was pretty well sorted...

If this is what we like and prefer to do, why would it make a difference really?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Katey that is hilarious, the voice is perfect. I wish I could get that show here in the states, I could use some of that "dry" humor.

Maria, I like wearing womens clothes(jeans,shoes,tops,etc...)as a man, and also dressing to blend in as a woman from head to toe, variety is what I love about my CDing and Gender Fluidity.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I also like the fact that I can blend in, if I go out in public, but for me it would be nice to be more socially accepting for men to wear feminine clothes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As Alice says, men in dresses r NOT universally accepted here yet.

Beyond not I don't wish to appear as a man in a dress anyway. And, I don't like wearing old ladies things to blend just because I'm 70.

I enjoy seeing a pretty young woman in my mirror. And, when I'm forced to compromise by wearing blending clothes and look like an old man in a dress? I feel like I'm betraying myself!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks Katey, that advanced what the OP was after about 50 years. Not. You know when we quit allowing ourselves to be seen as clowns, the ability to dress in most situations would become more tolerated. (I won't say accepted as that hasn't worked for other minorities here in the US yet)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yes it is good to set up your female personna a long way from home.

It means a new circle of friends and a dual lifestyle.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wish society could be such that everyone could wear whatever they wanted to wear, whenever they wanted to wear their clothes. This includes makeup as well.
    Make dressing up a fun time - not a time for others to be judgmental.
    Di

I enjoy watching tv programmes from the 60s 70s and 80s when women wore more skirts dresses and tights instead of bare legs or trousers.

When I am out in boy mode I look at nice women most wives would think I am eyeing them up but I am more interested in what they are wearing and imagining how they would look on me not to mention a bit of jealousy