Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gender Universals

I understand the OP to say that no statements relating to gender differences are universally true. It is a challenge to demonstrate that the assertion is false since it takes only one counter example to prove lack of universality.

The absence of a universal case is, however, something quite different from the proposition that generalizations are always false. In our flight from universal statements, let's not abandon conversation necessitating use of generalities. When one says, for example, that women earn less than men, don't we understand that we are saying that IN GENERAL (or as an average or some other statistic) women earn less than men? Isn't the perjorative "generalized stereotyping" just a stereotype that we have concluded is objectively inaccurate?
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Actually, only GG's can get pregnant and give birth.

Silver Member
    This is a crossdressers' website to share opinions, not a newspaper, thesis, scientific study or Congressional report. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions and can express their thoughts as they feel most comfortable, as long as they follow the general site guidelines. Sure it is best to qualify statements and check facts, but many don't, and that's OK. We are different and see things differently - and benefit from each other. It's not about being right or wrong here. Most comments are not made with the intent of being scrutinized with spouses or non-members. Not that the replies here are secret, but they seem to be well-intentioned, sincere, and intended to be shared with each other - to help, to educate, to explain, to entertain, to disagree with - each other. Lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    It's not about being right or wrong here. Most comments are not made with the intent of being scrutinized with spouses or non-members. Not that the replies here are secret, but they seem to be well-intentioned, sincere, and intended to be shared with each other - to help, to educate, to explain, to entertain, to disagree with - each other. Lighten up.
    Except that many of the generalizations about GGs here are so way off base! The power of rationalization is huge, and repeated sentiments that are simply not true have the potential to cause some harm. Here are some of the rationalizations: women love shopping and makeup and since I am a woman it's OK for me to go overboard with that stuff too, women don't accept the CDing because we encroach on their territory and they are jealous so this must be why my wife rejects this, women love manly men and this is why I cannot get a date, and the one in question here, women live lifetimes of being harassed and objectified, plus so many more.

I do my best to call them out when I see them, if only to help prevent a newbie CDer from getting into such a deep Pink Fog that he'll chance jeopardizing his marriage.

And for the record, we don't all prioritize preening, shopping and putting on makeup, we don't all feel as if CDers encroach on our territory, we are not all jealous, we do not all prefer manly men, and we do manage to live through most of our days without being harassed and objectified.
    Reine