Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Members to Guests Ratio

Has Crossdressers membership surged

I have noticed in recent weeks that rather than having around 100 people logged on to this site at any one time, there are around 150.

I wonder why we have a surge in "logging in". Is it due to heightened awareness of cross dressing and transgender issues?

Am I wrong? What have other members observed? By the way if the surge in interest is real I am very pleased.

That could well be. I think some are admirers, as I have talked to many men, who are starved for love, and beauty, femininity, and there are so many here that model that.

I also noticed that more people were viewing. I believe it's because of the nasty weather

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes its seasonal....its JANUARY... the numbers are def up.... here & my blog is the exact same way, and January is the BIGGEST month. The increase starts around October ( halloween ) and builds till about Jan ( peak ) then drops off slowly till spring...then summer is mostly the hardcore girls ( ever see this place in JULY???)... it def has to do with the weather to some degree, and it is crossdressing season NOW LOL....the real question is how many gals who are here now, will STILL be here come June ? Alot will fade away, get bored, find the info they were looking for, or slip back into the closet till the urge kicks in again. Its the cycle of life in our world...xoxo

If you notice that guests outnumber members 4 to 1 - pervs?

At the time of looking at this its 5 to 1

Adriana
    I love your blog
    Hugs
    Abbey x
    Last edited by Abbey11; 01-29-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronni white View Post
    If you notice that guests outnumber members 4 to 1 - pervs?
    I am a geek when it comes to searches....google searches that is, you know finding keywords etc...like REALLY geeky...when you google certain keywords this site pops up as #1 or #2 so ANYONE googling those keywords are bound to stumble on this site, no matter WHAT you google crossdressing related, this site pops up cause its ALL covered here , they may not necessarily be all pervs, but other cd's looking for more info who stumbled on this site and decide to have a look see,those curious about the subject, etc how else did any of us find it right ??? I'm sure there are a few pervs though....but they have a high bounce rate ( fancy SEO geek word meaning they leave quick) cause this isnt what they are looking for. Hey pervs...looking for sexy cd's??? ...GO TO TUMBLR its loaded with gals who love taking provacative pictures of themselves !!
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 01-29-2016 at 02:04 PM.

I'm logged in when using my desktop computer but I'm never logged in when using my tablet, and I check in using my tablet at least once a day.

I think on MHB you cannot see anything but forum titles without logging in.

I'll admit I am a member but sometimes I'll cruise the site without signing on because i'm just to lazy to sign on

As a forum owner (not CD related) it is news to some people that the administrators (at least of my boards hosted by Proboards) have access to ISPs of all members/visitors. You can pinpoint an ISP to a very narrow geographic location. Nothing on the internet is totally private. Your ISP has records of all your browsing and can be compelled to give that up and it could also get hacked.

There is also the matter of latency. Set a long latency for stats and the number of guests goes up. Members only count as one even if they log on multiple times and spend hours and hundreds of pageviews here. A guest with a fleeting 1-pageview visit still counts as a guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Rushing View Post
    As a forum owner (not CD related) it is news to some people that the administrators (at least of my boards hosted by Proboards) have access to ISPs of all members/visitors. You can pinpoint an ISP to a very narrow geographic location. Nothing on the internet is totally private. Your ISP has records of all your browsing and can be compelled to give that up and it could also get hacked.
    Yes, this worked well with IPv4 when people were anchored to their desktops ... if they weren't using a proxy, which a lot of people use here for privacy reasons and also if the IPs were not crawlers. But now we have smartphones and tablets that use IPv6, which is more difficult to geolocate than IPv4 currently (my IPv6 address places me in NY while I'm three states to the west), not to mention the users are not necessarily using their home wifi while browsing. So geolocation for a guest IP address that might once have been tied to a member registration IP is useless.

Besides ... who wants to go through all that trouble and for what reason. The most popular section here is open to everyone, whether they're logged in or not. I never log in when I'm using my phone, unless I want to post and I'm not always on my home wifi. Sometimes I'm on a wifi thousands of miles away and sometimes I use cellular data. And when on my laptop I often forget to close thread browser windows after I log off so I register here as a guest a lot.

This is what I don't understand: why is there so much preoccupation over who is reading the forums, even if a big chunk do turn out to be members who are not logged in and crawlers.
    Reine