Thread: I went to a CD party

I went to a CD party

I went to a CD party in Glasgow, Scotland.

I contacted Kinky Closet and asked to be included in an afternoon party that had been on their website.
    Initially I was unsure after their first reply, it included mentions of play rooms and a dungeon (which kinda put me off as I am straight and happy to be so - I just like CDing).

When I responded and said I was nervous about those things, I wanted to make social friends, not more physical relationships, I was reassured that many CDers were just there to socialize.

I plucked up my courage and went already en femme (they have a dressing service or changing rooms as required).
    A security guard readily let me in and directed me to the office.
    In the office I was warmly welcomed and paid my entrance fee. I checked my coat.

I was greeted and given a tour by a lovely hostess. They have a lovely oak lined building with lots of rooms, at the time populated with many CDers - all looking relaxed and chatting.
    There were a few guys, it was difficult to tell whether they were waiting for make-overs or just 'admirers'.

The atmosphere was chilled, just social. When I was left to my own devices I went back to a room where I had seen a couple of CD girls chatting and found it easy to join in.
    I had come there to meet find kindred spirits and soon felt I had done so.

The play rooms gave a sexual tone to the event, but despite the subtle tone that some were involving themselves in that, the folk I talked to viewed it with light hearted vague interest.
    They were more concerned about the tone of the decor than the purpose of the rooms.
    Some people are there to 'play' - but (if you are like me and are not) do not worry - it was all entirely optional (you would need to actively opt in).

I really enjoyed chatting to the other CDers (Anna, Nichola, Debbie and Kimberly).
    Some had only ever experienced CDing there or at home (I have been out CDing).
    This was their safe environment to dress.

I was advised to see it of an evening, evenings are apparently busier, more interesting.
    People watching fans should definitely attend.

It is defo a safe place for a first outing dressed - or to get dressed - you will be welcomed and feel at home (I think) from the start.

If there was any attitude that I got it was 'there is nothing to be afraid of, you are normal here'

Sounds like tons of fun, wish we had stuff like that around the area I live.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

That sounds super fun!

It's funny, because I am definitely repulsed by masculinity but not the plumbing. I am attracted to men in drag as much as women. I don't have penetrative sex anymore, so while I wouldn't "do" a guy either, I think it would be fun to play with a CD'er. (I have sexted a bit on Okcupid with some bi's with a similar panty fixation, but none that actually advertise as CD.)

Anyway, reading your description and thinking it sounds super-hot reaffirms what I'm figuring out: Yep, I pretty darn bi. lol

And this is in Glasgow?

I would have thought that was about the last place for such an event.

Sounds cool though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Rachael - I guess 'Kinky's Closet' sends a message really...

There is a lot of CD/TV/TS presence in certain BDSM circles - I just checked Kinky's website and they do actually promote the afternoon sessions as 'TV, CD & Admirers Midweek Afternoon' - so you seem to have found a good social event with just a smidgen of fetish about it...

A safe environment is good to find - just be careful about wandering into one of the playrooms... at least, don't go in without the right accessories...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Sounds like an awesome place to be your true self. The play rooms might be interesting.

Kim

Sounded like a great time...do take in an evening event and let us know how it goes....glad you found the courage to go.
    .....now about those playrooms..

Personally I would like to go to an ordinary party whilst enfemme and just blend in to the party

I go to a similar party in San Francisco called Bondage A Go Go. It is mostly for straight people, but all are welcome. I see a similar thing that you describe. There is a play room and people do their thing, but must people view it with light-hearted vague interested and go about their own thing. Most people are relaxed and chat with everyone.

LOL That sounded like fun, though, I am with you on the play part... it is not my thing... <- flaming lesbian here Nothing against folks that like that sort of play. I always say "As long as you are consenting adults, have all the fun in the world" That being said, its just not my thing