Thread: Beware of strokes and stroke symptoms

Beware of strokes and stroke symptoms

I was in the office this morning and my business partner started exhibiting the signs of a stroke. He had had one five years ago. Luckily I recognized it and had the staff call 911. The good news is that it wasn't a stroke. We still don't know what it is yet as they are still running tests. It could be a TIA.

I am writing this for two reasons: first, know the signs of a stroke and what to do. Second, know that this could happen to anyone including us. Understand if it does happen to you, you won't have time or be able to change your clothes before going to the E.R. Although I don't crossdress every day I do wear panties everyday. ( I know, same thing). Fortunately, I don't care if I end up in the E.R. in panties.

Thanks for listening.

Well done on helping your partner - thanks for the reminder

Banned Read only
    Rileyaz,
    It can happen to any of us, I always think I'd have the time to change ! Not such a good thought that someone else will attempt to change you before the emergency services arrive.
    I did my first outing last week and took a complete change of clothing in the car , again possibly wishful thinking if something happened , I guess we know we're taking that risk !

Aspiring Member
    That is one of several things we must be aware of at anytime. I sometimes think about that with my health problems. If it happens it happens. You did an excellent job on your friend though and I hope he gets better.

Hey, you never know when you're going to get hit by a bus, or a meteor, have a heart attack or, yes, stroke. So if you're going to let that gate your behavior it's your choice. But accept it as paranoia, don't try to crossdress it up as prudence. Many people will note that if you're admitted to the hospital in an emergency, the caregivers will have bigger issues on their minds and, let me add, so will you.

My SO had a stroke a few years ago... No major effects thankfully, we just have to be aware if she has a sudden onset headache, which results in a trip to our local hospital...

Riley,
    Just being alive is my aim in life.

It is wise for everyone to know how to recognise stroke and heart symptoms.

Even being trained in CPR regularly and knowing how to use those machines on the wall in train stations and public buildings is a bonus.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Rileyaz: Thank you for bring this important fact to our forum. I can't go into detail for fear of being outed, but it happened to me. Healthy as a horse one moment and the next moment I was in la la land. I can assure you that you will not have time to remove cloths and had I not been found on the floor I would not be here today. That happened several years ago and I am back to my old self now.

I have to add something. If you suspect stroke, call 911 or whatever your country uses to get Emergency Medical Services, as they will know which hospitals are 'stroke centers' and take you directly there; going to the wrong hospital and they may not have the services to treat a stroke in time to reverse it. Do it as soon as you suspect something's wrong, because you only have a limited amount of time to get the medication if they suspect a stroke caused by a clot that can be dissolved. If you wait too long, they won't give you the drug because protocols developed tell them not to, even if it might give you an infinitesimal chance of reversing it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

great answers to the medical, however, it has diverged away from being a CD topic So I wll close it and leave readable.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,