Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confession: Just didn't have the marbles

Your body was telling you Cabella's wasn't the right fit for you on that day. But you convinced yourself that Target was so I'd say that was a success!

Interestingly, Harbor Freight was where I wound up my 1st evening out fully dressed. They loved me as I blew almost $300 in the place! Even used the ladies room.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Sometimes the legs will freeze up on a girl! It happens, it happens, what do you do? Try again another day. BTW, I have a friend that is now living full time as MTF and she works at Bass Pro Shop. She says its been great.

That's funny because while reading I thought, wow, you went to Cabelas? That's brave! Lol!

What we have out here is Dick's and Gander Mt. outdoor stores, and I don't think I'd ever find my way in there en femme to shop.

But I did have a similar experience last night, at a restaurant. I pulled in the parking lot and looked in the window and sad "NOPE". Then I sat in the car for a few moments and took some deep breaths and got up the nerve to walk in.

I was dressed for a fancy dress party, silk dress, gaudy jewelry, elaborate makeup, and I'm 6'4 without shoes, so I never have any delusions of 'passing...'

When I came in the door....wow, I never understood the phrase "you could have heard a pin drop" until being stared down by five stunned Vietnamese waitors.

It was like walking through in invisible wall to get across that parking lot and in the door and through all those eyes. But then it passed and I thoroughly enjoyed my bowl of pho and pepsi-cola, and then got out my purse and re-applied my lipstick at the table. Then I went to the fancy dress party and had a great time.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

looks like they would beat you with in an inch of your life for wearing Chapstick
    I don't always LOL, but when I do it's for something like that

I completely understand cold feet. I've been out a lot but I still get it sometimes.

That said, I did go in the Dick's Sporting Goods on the north side of Indy one time. Same kind of place as Cabela's. No problems that time, but it will never be one of my normal destinations.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    You can safely go into Cabela's wearing anything you want.
    Well, maybe not a deer head.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Been to Cabela's(and Honey I don't camp...nu uh nope. When they get a concierge I will) Women were there (They DID check my ID on the way in). Dick's and Gander? A lot of women in CO hike, climb, run, play sports, fish....but that's why the state is always in the top 3 to 5 in healthy lifestyles and non obesity I guess
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been in girl mode in Dick's and Sportsman Whse and browsed the ladies dept with no issues.
    The lady working the ladies dept at Sportsman's Whse was totally cool. There was a 30 something lady shopping that section and she saw me looking at hats and said excuse me ma'am if you don't mind can you watch my cart while I go use the restroom?
    I said sure I would be glad to and she trotted of to the bathroom.
    She came back and thanked me and I said your are very welcome and that was that.
    Did she know I was a guy? Didn't act like it and it probably didn't matter to her either way.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-31-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Krissy, There's way too much Testosterone floating around a Cabelas location. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I don't go out dressed so I'm not sure what that feels like. To me it seems like you just were not ready for that experience yet, it seems as if you are comfortable dress fem in some arenas. The only times I have been in a Cabelas was in Denver and there were a lot of women in there. A couple of them in dresses. A lot of where you can go when en femme I am sure has to do with the area you live in.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.