Thread: Only another transwoman would understand.

Only another transwoman would understand.

I have very recently been trying my hand at a new hobby. Photography. I like old barns and buildings.
    Today I'm off to trudge thru' the snow to a long abandoned farmstead that shows some promise as a subject.
    My checklist:
    Camera
    Tripod
    Extra battery
    Gloves and hat
    Makeup perfect
    Hair done just so
    Accessories- Brooch, and necklace

I think I am ready to go, except picking a coat.

That's why me make checklists for honey, to not forget the important things.

I hope you are having a great time. I know exactly what you mean about the checklist!! We can't forget anything and have to be prepared for everything. What if you wanted to stop on your way home and did not have one piece of jewelry on!!! I can't imagine the embarrassment that would cause me... By the way I have taken up photography about a year ago and I love it. I am not good by any means but to just take pictures and to be out and about enjoying something that can be so beautiful is so much fun. I find it so relaxing and just a break from life and all it entails.
    Sara

I'm surprised that the camera and tripod were at the top of the list. Sounds like a hobby the is similar to fishing, coming home with fish is not necessarily the top priority. Coming home with great photos may not be as important as the search for the best view, angle, lighting and the people that you encounter, or maybe the fact that you didn't encounter a single soul!! just great scenery.

Have fun Paula and stay warm!

Hugs, Bria

Silver Member
    I love photography. Not so great with makeup hair and jewelry though
    Usually when I am out just just jeans and coat and messy hair.

I don't understand why only a Transwoman would understand?
    Maybe its a generation thing, that description reminds me of how my friends Nan used to dress, you would often see her with an elegant coat and matching Brooch wherever she went.
    And my sister-in-law liked that style almost 40's I think?
    Last edited by becky77; 01-30-2016 at 04:40 AM.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Paula;

I did the "what's in the suitcase" once... Do I now need to do it on the camera bag next?

Hahah... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

er yeah, like Becky, i felt a little stupid, like "what am i missing here?"

- handbag stuffed with everything i might need to adjust makeup, tissues for lipstick re-applying etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    When out 'n about in the fields of MN in the winter, I always carry a disposable handwarmer wrapped in an old towel to keep my camera & batteries just a tad warmer than the outdoor temps .. especially if it's below zero (F). :-)

When I first started going out I made extensive checklists so that I wouldn't forget anything. I'd feel crushed if I got 10 miles down the road and and realized that I forgot to put on a necklace or some other finishing touch.

After a while, I became a lot more used to being female and the checklists went by the wayside. A lot of the "emergency supplies" got left behind too. Few GGs do more than touch up lipstick and I follow their lead, leaving all the rest of the makeup at home. Heck, I've even forgotten my bra and forms and y'know what? Mimi and I still had a great time that evening!