Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Negative Comment

Gina, you look fabulous, and I hope you know that.

When I wake up in the morning, there's one thing I always get to choose and that's my attitude. Other people don't have that power over me and they certainly don't have power over how I feel. Unless, of course, I allow them to.

So always be positive. And smile.
    Last edited by BettyMorgan; 01-31-2016 at 01:57 PM.

I get negative, mean and condescending comments all the time when I'm standing in line in man mode. But that may just because I'm an ass.

Silver Member
    A couple of days ago, en homme, I bought two very pretty dresses at "Ross Dress for less". The cashier asked me, jokingly, if I had tried them on. I jokingly replied, "no, too small." We laughed. I could have taken her question negatively, but didn't. I turned what could have been a negative into a positive.

It is just part of being alive in this hard world. I have had many more cuss words, and other derogatory things said to me when out in drab, especially walking or bicycle riding. I f we are honest, we all have said such things either out loud, or quietly, or in our hearts about others, at some times in out lives.

I think the comment was meant for me as I AM going to San Francisco in 3 months and taking care seems a good idea for what I have planned.

Yeah I get half a dozen negative comments a year now. Duck...water...back
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You look great. He must just be insecure in his masculinity.
    I have only gotten one negative comment. I was from a young redneck who spoke up as me and my daughter were leaving Walmart. He was in line at the Mcdonalds. His comment was "men shouldn't dress like women". My thought was he should be embarrassed to be that insecure in his sexuality. My daughter was already out the door, and didn't hear it.
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Thankfully my worst comment happened after I bought this dress that I really thought would be terrific. I walk up to my wife all excited and she just looked at me, "That really doesn't work for you, does it?". Talk about completely deflated!!!

But in terms of the op, I've bought so much in male mode, just waiting for a negative comment so I could have fun with them, but I've not yet been able to have that fun! The worst thing I've gotten out was in male mode going into a fitting room (male fitting room) to try on woman's jeans. The attendant (women) thought she needed to point out to me that they were woman's jeans, asking me if I knew that. I told her I did know that and just looked at her. She pointed toward one of the open dressing rooms, I smiled (she didn't), and that was the end of that!

Personally I have not, I'm sorry that happens and hope it never happens again. I know eventually it will happen to me...
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

like others the comment was neutral but your read of the situation was driven by your feelings.

from just reading it, it seems harmless.

Reality Check
    Welcome to reality. There are folks who dislike crossdressers, gays (aren't all crossdressers gay?) and anyone different from themselves. It's OK, most of them are harmless and it's best to either ignore them or be pleasant to them. Smart ass remarks can cause problems.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    I'm in agreement with most of the others here... water off a duck's back. I don't see any cause for concern and to second Krisi's opinion, there will always be negative comments out there. As long as there are ignorant people... there will also be ignorant and mean comments.

Just another reason to put on and wear the big girl panties we all like so much

Well you can only guess what he was thinking. Did you ever say something and it was taken the wrong way. Who knows what he was thinking, he most likely let out a thought in his head about something else.

you look GG.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Wow, you took it very well. I would have done the same. And for the record, you are beautiful so I don't know what he was thinking. Its ok to be a little upset, just don't let it stop you from being you.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress