Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not just words.

Silver Member

Not just words.

Even when I was just lurking I was really impressed with how amazingly well (with a few exceptions) the members expressed themselves in the forum. Seriously! To me, their proper use of grammar, the phrasing chosen and how the presentations were presented told me that almost everyone had been well educated and knew what to say, how to say it, and when to say it. I'm still impressed! Just sayin'.

Jenny, I am sure a lot of members will be glad to hear your kind words.

However, We never condemn anyone's use of grammar or spelling

This is a support forum
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

What you said applies to the majority of members. There are some who have problems but the important thing is to convey the meaning and that they do.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenny, One important thing is to proof read your thread or post before sending it,
    and you can always go back and edit something that doesn't look or sound right. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm sure there are some here for whom English is not their first language, some who are perhaps dyslexic or even have motor skill issues.

What stands out for me regardless of spelling, structure or grammar is how well folks are able to communicate their feeling and emotions, wishes and desires. A thing most simply said sometimes has the greatest clarity.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Paragraphs, paragraphs, paragraphs, that's my problem. Working on paragraphs.

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the post Jenny (although I often come across as one of those exceptions)...it's my phone though 😡 , that yarn thing keeps autocratic my typing and makeup me look likely I got my universal degree from a box of crayons (I mean crack...R...jacket) 😂

Seriously though, there are a lot of well educated and highly intellectual ladies here for sure...and I don't doubt many hold high places!

It has been noted in a number of studies that crossdressers (and probably all TG individuals in general) tend to have higher-than-normal I.Q.'s and educations.

Perhaps that is related to the survival skills that we have had to develop in order to navigate a world that is generally less-than-hospitable for our kind, not to mention the cunning, self-discipline, and attention to detail that we have to exhibit to cover our tracks and avoid "outing" ourselves inadvertently...

Jenny thank goodness I was overlooked by your generous compliment to the forum members,

Poor Lauri is having to edit almost every post she makes here for shitty typing.

Generally speaking though this is a great place to share stories and advice.
    Last edited by Lauri K; 01-31-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Hi Jenny

I'll admit that I respond more favorably to well-written posts, VM, and PMs. An occasional typo or grammatical error doesn't bother me, because I too am guilty of being lazy with proofreading. There are some gals that really struggle getting their thoughts out, which is painful to read. That's rare, though. Like you, I'm generally impressed with the level of intellect and dialogue on the forum. What I don't care for is the preachy tone many members take. A recent thread discussed "Tiers" of legitimacy. That struck me, because I've seen it. I get it, because it's human nature, but once a member reaches the next level, I'd hope they would remember how they began, and be a little kinder with us novices.

Cheers

Gretchen

I've also noticed the generally high standard of literacy and eloquence in most of the contributors to this forum Jenny. I think probably some members are a little bit intimidated by this and therefore don't write posts as they feel they cannot match the intellectual input of the posts they read. That's a pity as their opinions and thoughts are just as important.

Hear, hear! I'm usually very tolerant about most things, but when I see there, their, and they're used incorrectly, it is like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard while chewing on aluminum foil. Don't even get me started on its and it's.

But, there is always "auto-incorrect" on one's iPad, so theirs that.

I am not an English major, I just play one on TV. I DO frequently stay at a Holiday Inn Express, though.

Currently working on my cliche problem.

Hi Jenny,
    So now that you have some information about us and what we are about ( and it is all genuine, you may wish to consider joining us.
    Di\

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robin414 View Post
    thanks for the post jenny (although i often come across as one of those exceptions)...it's my phone though 😡 , that yarn thing keeps autocratic my typing and makeup me look likely i got my universal degree from a box of crayons (i mean crack...r...jacket) 😂

seriously though, there are a lot of well educated and highly intellectual ladies here for sure...and i don't doubt many hold high places!
    rotflmao !!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    Hi Jenny,
    So now that you have some information about us and what we are about ( and it is all genuine, you may wish to consider joining us.
    Di\
    Hi, Diversity. I am a forum member, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenS View Post
    But, there is always "auto-incorrect" on one's iPad, so theirs that
    Ha, I see what you did they're! That's ok, I find it Exceptable.

Good thread. I can be a bit colloquial in my postings. I did see this the other day and got a good chuckle......

haha.jpg

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara Rushing View Post
    ...I can be a bit colloquial in my postings...
    If you see your doctor, you can get a cream for that.

I like to think I'm reasonably eloquent but I fall apart when inebriated. Bless the grain and the grape.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

At the risk of sounding arrogant and self centered, thanks. I do my best to proofread my stuff before I post, however my phone is far inferior to a keyboard and I occasionally make mistakes. I wish I could use the edit post button, but every time I do, it ends up deleting my entire post. Please realize that I would fix those errors if I could.

I am 61 never went to college, and some who went to university, are surprised at my writing and knowledge! anyone can become self educated, even if poor. I am glad this site has standards, and not like some sites.

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Jenny, all I can say is that the edit button is a god send.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    It has been noted in a number of studies that crossdressers (and probably all TG individuals in general) tend to have higher-than-normal I.Q.'s and educations.
    Really? I had no idea. I'll take it as a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    I like to think I'm reasonably eloquent but I fall apart when inebriated. Bless the grain and the grape.
    Beware the drunk posting - never (well, very rarely) a good idea!

Jemima x

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    Hi Jenny,
    Di\
    Hi, Diversity. I am a new forum member.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Ha, I see what you did they're! That's ok, I find it Exceptable.
    Love tongue in cheek stuff!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have met 100's of T's, Jenny. And have, and will continue to refer to them as remarkable people. Because by and large most certainly r! That includes some with obviously above average intelligence and some with higher education.

And, as Lesie intimated, to survive the trials and tribulations they have suffered from others and put themselves thru required they be pretty "special folks"!

There r a few folks here on cd.com who's writing skills aren't honed. But, I often am surprised at how well they r able to communicate their thots and feelings!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hell-o Jenny

The fact that someone can put their thoughts into words in an eloquent manner
    can make a good impression on me. But if I need to google some big words, that
    I don't have a clue as to what they mean, can be a bit of a turn off.
    I get that we all come from different backgrounds, have different levels of education,
    and different ideas of what is admirable in one another.
    With that in mind, I try to do my best to decypher what's being posted here.
    When I come across something that I can't figure out I just chalk it up to one of those
    libation induced postings, and give it a pass.
    And on that note.... my glass appears to be empty, AGAIN!
    How the Hell does this keep happening?????
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    BTW Becky. I curse those damn grapes nearly every day!
    (And then pull a cork every night!)
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Silver Member
    Kristyn,

You must empty your cup before you can fill it, else there is no room to receive something new.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I try to write in the most understandable method. I write in my voice and then go back through to proof read and, listen for balance and continuity. Although my college experience is only a handful of technical courses for vocational licensing, I've always been a good writer. And, I speak well enough to obtain the upper hand in any conversation, without sounding argumentative. It's a survival tool out in the world but, it becomes a satisfying passion on this forum. Oh, and spell check is a lifesaver.

See, I just hit edit post to add a comma.

Last edited by CarlaWestin; 02-02-2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: add comma
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!