Thread: A fun girly afternoon, then misgendered after changing back!

A fun girly afternoon, then misgendered after changing back!

From about Noon today until 7:30 PM today I was in full girly mode as Ceera. I dressed to blend, with a girly hat, light jacket, black t-shirt from Hot Topic with a howling wolf on it, women's jeans with silver embroidered decorations, knee high black nylon stockings, and women's high heeled boots. Of course I also had on a wig, breast forms and hip pads, and full makeup, though my makeup was done for a 'natural' look. The wig was a decent but inexpensive one that I had just purchased this week, in a large cap size that I hoped would be more comfortable for long-term wear. (It was.) My nails are done with acrylic french-cut nails, and I have pierced ears with quarter inch diameter 3D black rose earrings on.

Much of what I did was general errands and shopping that didn't particularly need to be done en-femme. I simply wanted to do it as a girl, and to have fun all afternoon, while trying out the new wig. I went to an office supply store and got some stuff I needed, like memo pads, blank business card stock, and graph paper. I went to Taco Bell and had lunch. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a pair of black ballet flats and some stockings and tights. Then I went to our major mall and bought some makeup at Sephora, shopped in general for clothes but didn't buy any, used the ladies room in Macy's, and bought some earrings and shoes at Macy's.

When I bought the shoes, the sales associate recognized me from a prior shopping trip there as Ceera, with my daughter. She asked if the boots my daughter had bought had worked well for her cosplaying, and we chatted about the merits of the shoes I wanted versus some other shoes in the same display. The ones I wanted have very high 5.5 inch or so heels and about one inch high platform on the ball of the foot. Bright red suede. But they are as stable as a rock! I did the 'rock test' on them, tapped them to one side, and they snapped back to upright without any wobble at all. I showed her how that differed from most of the others, which rocked like a pendulum until I stopped them, and said the ones I wanted would be shoes I could dance in all night. She looked in amazement at the heel height and said she'd be lucky to even walk in them, let alone dance, and she went to see if she had them in my size (11).

She brought back the right style and size, but not the color choice I wanted. She said they didn't have the red in stock, but she brought the correct size in a floral print so I could try them for fit. As I tried them on, she helped another customer. When she got back to me, I smiled and said. "These work great! See?" and proceeded to dance around to the background music playing in the store. Her eyes went wide in amazement, and she complemented me on being able to move so well in such high heels. She ordered the color I wanted, to be shipped to my home. I should have them by the 9th.

The whole afternoon, the only time anyone acted as if they noticed I wasn't a woman was when I used the ladies' room at Macy's. Two bored teen aged girls were in the lounge at the entry of the restroom, playing on their phones. They glanced up at me and said 'Hi', and I just waved in passing and rushed back to a stall, because I really did need to use the toilet! As I came back out, the two teen girls had a better chance to get a look at me, as I had to walk a good ten feet facing them before I could pass them and leave. They were bored, so they gave me a pretty critical looking over. Neither seemed alarmed at my being there, but one giggled and cried out "I love you!" as I left!

I went home after buying the earrings and shoes. Made one more quick run to the grocery store for a can of diced tomatoes, which I needed for the chili I was making for dinner, and also stopped at a nearby pet store for a bag of dog food. All still en-femme, all going great.

Cooked dinner en-femme, and ate dinner with my daughter before finally deciding to get out of girl mode and back to male mode.

Before calling it a night, I wanted to take a quick run to a home improvement store to locate a small screw that my daughter needed for a project. Wasn't sure I could get to Lowes before they closed, but worth trying. Missed their closing by 5 minutes. Oh well... So I went next door to Fred Meyers (a general department store), and got some glaziers points and a pair of gel insoles for women's shoes.

Now, at this point I have changed to unmarked blue jeans that are pretty androgynous, even though they are still women's jeans. Black sneakers. Same T-shirt, but no wig, breast forms or hip pads. Wearing a purple women's jacket, zipped up, and a stocking cap, with my thinning hair in a short pony tail sticking out at the back of the cap. Still wearing the earrings and still have my nails done.

I'm not consciously trying to be 'presenting female', but after all afternoon of talking in female mode, my voice hadn't quite come back down to my normal male range yet.

After explaining to the girl at the cash register what the glaziers points were used for (she had never seen the item before) and handing my frequent shopper card to her and paying for the purchases, she bid me farewell by saying, 'have a good night, M'dear!"

I just grinned as I left. Who calls a male "m'dear"? 99% certain she had decided I was female, even without my wig and makeup and obviously feminine clothes!
    Last edited by Ceera; 02-01-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Love the story, been a while since I've been out girl mode as it's to hot at the moment, but even in girl mode I still often end up at the hardware.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Wonderful story Ceera, thanks for sharing. Didn't it just feel great?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Sounds like a great weekend, Ceera. It is nice to have a full weekend en femme! At the mall, it is teens, probably boys, that I definitely don't make eye contact and walk past... they would be the ones to make me and holler out. Never happened and I'm probably just over cautious. Glad the girls didn't didn't make anything of it.
    I was in Austin last September to a race at COTA. Spent the off track time in the evening en femme and did some shopping at a few stores and the mall on south end of town, forget the name. Everyone was so friendly!

Thanks ladies! I'm really enjoying having the freedom to dress up and go out in public whenever and wherever I choose.

Samantha's comment about Austin made me realize I hadn't yet updated my profile here after my move from Texas to Oregon. The above day out was in Eugene, Oregon.

One great thing about Oregon is that state law protects girls like us againt discrimination, and clearly supports our right to use the bathroom suitable to our gender presentation. So even if those girls had raised a fuss about me in the ladies' room, the law is on my side there. As long as I do not misbehave, I can legally go anywhere in public, including the ladies' bathrooms.

No photos this time because my camera is out of comission. Accidentally packed the charging cable when moving, and haven't yet found a new one.