Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did you do it?

I do not have a safe place to dress or store clothes. What I want most is what I cant do often!

My last time I purged was becouse I was moving with my SO and couldn't get to it to put it on the moving truck without getting caught so I had to just leave it behind I do hope someone enjoyed my boots as much as I did
    Miranda

I basically purged on every new girlfriend. LOL Well, it was because I did not know how they felt about it. Then did tell a couple of them. But they liked it once LOL. So life is complicated and I finally found one who tolerates it. It's crazy but after my last divorce, she outed me to everybody.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Great input ladies, thank you! You've collectively saved me at least one $170 visit to my therapist 😃

30+ years dressing and I have yet to purge once. I did keep a 'stash' while in college living in a dorm, but after getting my own place and married to someone who knew what I did, heck I just hang my clothes on hangers and folded neatly in dressers, or else piled in totes. I've got entire rooms of my house devoted to crossdressing stuff.

If I end up hating a garment, I will rid myself of it, but that's not a purge really.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I purged at the insistence of my wife-to-be, and I've regretted it ever since. The purge included photos that I took of myself dressed up as far back as age 14. The other stuff was replaceable but not the photos.
    My name is Carol.

I mostly did it on my own all the normal reasons that get posted .I never plan on doing it again
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I almost purged this morning, came pretty close. I thought purging in the moment usually ends in regrets of getting rid of things you enjoy.

The urge to dress hasn't gone I just don't want so to hurt the wife and marriage.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    great question.....last time i purged is an interesting story

I lost my car
    So I lost my job eventually cause I couldnt get to work
    Lost my Apt cause I couldnt work
    Moved back home
    Got a crappy job doing manual labor with a bunch of alpha males which made me feel like crap inside
    Decided to give it a go being a ( man )
    Dumped everything
    Most pathetic/depressing time in my life honestly...

but lesson learned...this isnt going away, i tried to be the dude, hold down a job, have a girl friend, watch football, turns out im too much of a cheerleader inside ...at least I gave it a shot...i had to at least try and see what it was like. Once I decided it wasnt for me I was much happier again. But i went through a few years of torture first. It did make me stronger though.
    wow Adriana I can relate to this soooo much. In my early twenties I still didn't really understand my CDing. Got a good job, car, apartment and long term girlfriend. Pink fog would visit every now and then causing a bit of a shopping spree, then hiding my girly stash from my Gfriend then I would inevitably dump my stash. Rinse and repeat for a few years before the end of the relationship, moved cities. I actually bought and dumped my all time favourite piece I have ever owned twice!! It was an expensive designer satin red carpet style gown with a fishtail train. Made me feel so fem and made me feel like a million dollars. Found the first one marked down in a dept store then after a couple of months throw it in the bins below the apartment. I missed it so much and regretted it then magically another one (one size smaller) appeared from a lady on ebay. I won it. I couldn't wait for it to arrive. I had it for about 3 months then gave it to a charity shop with lots of other bits. MADNESS!! Since then I haven't seen it anywhere but I'm confident I'll find one someday and will never get rid of it.

I've purged twice in my late 30s early 40s. Both times I regretted it. Both times due to guilt and fear and the naive idea that if I just threw away the clothes that it would stop this behavior. OMG, the beautiful things I've tossed in the dumpster. : (

I remember when I was four years old and knowing that I enjoyed the touch of female clothes. This desire started very early and it hasn't gone away but the feelings of isolation, guilt, and self-loathing has ended. Although some days I still wonder if I'm crazy. My very supportive SO reminds me that I'm not.