Thread: Profile

I enjoy reading new threads and whenever I read a new thread I look at the profile and hopefully a posted photo. I understand ananimity, but I wish you'll would list more personal information in your profile. I like to think how I would connect with the person who posted a new thread. Do I live in the general area or am I in line with their interests? Can I relate to the photo? Anyhow I feel more connected with more information.
    Love, Sabrina

Some people on this site are extremely closeted, that even their spouse or SO does not know. For them they feel it can totally destroy their lives if people find out about them. Personally, with each day that passes, the less and less I care if people find out I am trans, so I do reveal personal information about me. A lot of others like me reveal a lot more information about themselves in forum threads. Also, if I transition then a lot of people will know about me than do now, and is another reason I am coming further and further out of the closet.

Silver Member
    Sabrina - Many people simply do not want any personal information shared and displayed on the internet. Don't expect to connect by what you see here but try to connect by what you read here. Most postings are from the heart and so many people do try to reach out and help others.

I understand what you mean Sabrina (love your name by the way). A handful of the friends i've made hear have been precisely because of what you've mentioned you'd like to see. A few of the members here had listed some interests that I had and we found a little commonality.

Although i have posted some pics and participated quite a bit since first joining, like Heather and Grace stated, I try to be careful what I say so as not to give too much detail. I'm very closeted and don't see coming out of it any time soon. I suspect there are thousands here who feel the same way.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I must agree with Sabrina. I wish everyone would put up at least minimal information like: age (age range if afraid of being specific); location (minimum - what country, better - region, even better - state/province, best - town/city); interests; place on the TG/TS/CD continuium. We all want to give advice when someone asks a question or wants a situation analyzed. The more we know about someone's background and frame of reference, the better chance we have of drilling down and understanding "their" particular experience/situation. IMHO, YMMD.

A photo is just an added window into the soul of the person and helps us offer tips on presentation.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I totally understand both sides but yah I definately enjoy learning more about others. At least everyone thats here is here though.

Banned Read only
    Sabrina,
    I know we take a certain risk revealing such details but I do agree with you. If someone asks for help the answer often depends on their age and their status with a partner , also if children are involved .
    It is preferable to talk to a member knowing roughly what they look like but again it is visible to the the World, I would hate to take my avatar away now and become anonymous .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-04-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Sorry, don't like to let my panties show ;-)

I am,considering a picture, but have only posted 1 in a post. Kinda scary.

I am totally closeted to the world EXCEPT this site. I do have a profile pic and do post pics. I posted my true birthday and age. I just can't post my location. Just being here does 'open up' the possibility of being outed. I have taken it about as far as I am comfortable with on that front at this time. That said, I am like you. I do like to browse the profiles and try to learn a little more about you girls.....

I can see both points of view, too. Other than my tiny full length avatar photo I don't put en femme photos of me anywhere except locations here that are for members only, like my profile photo. I guess that eliminates the everyday voyeur but still shows members a little more about me. Hmm. I wonder what I can discover about me from my posts over the years. Might be an interesting project.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

I guess I could have posted a lot of wishful thinking but fictitious information that you wouldn't know isn't necessarily true, if that would make you feel better. I've been acting the part of a normal guy for most of my life, so I can probably figure out how to portray just one more character. How about Alexandra the cute crossdresser from Sacramento, I'm five eight, part Asian, have full, soft, black hair, great legs, like long walks on the beach, romantic comedies, looking at the stars at night, am a dog person, prefer Fords over Chevy's, Porsches over Ferraris, and Astons over any other Brit sports car. Suzukis over Hondas, but currently ride a Yamaha. Indian food over Italian, and love jazz. And I can write with my toes. Hows that for a profile?

Or was it good enough to know that I crossdress and can empathize with others who feel the same need?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    I agree; more detail would be wonderful in the profiles. When I joined the forum, I wrote my profile to try to give as much information about me as I could without being so detailed as to possibly 'out' myself. I just wanted members to know who and what I was. To date, I've not seen any profiles of others that even come close to mine. If you check, I'm sure you'll agree.

Ladies, if you can, please add to your profiles, and tell us a little bit more about yourselves.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I just looked at mine. my original profile essay has been edited to a few basics, so my previous comment isn't accurate. Sorry,

Profiles? We don't need no stinkin profiles. Or maybe a song would be better "If you don't know me by now...."

I sort of get a peeping Tom vibe from people who want to know everything about you. It's kinda cool that we get to learn about others by watching them grow on these boards. I am very open in the world, others have much to lose or fear they do.

But it was a good reminder to go and see what I posted 7 years ago
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I find that a person reveals more in posts as they advance more revealing than any profile.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think this goes a lot to what I posted before and people took such offense to for some reason. I think that newer people are searching around all areas of the site including profiles and you older members don't waste your time with that anymore but I don't see why it bothers the older members that someone wants to post something that was posted last year and the year before or look at profiles....and don't give me the "search the site" line because reading a post from 2012 is not the same as participating in one from 2016, especially to the new member trying to find their "sea legs".......

I see were you're coming from. I do wish more people would be a bit more open about themselves. It would be nice if people would/could be that open. Some people like to stay anonymous, no reason just want to be in the shadows I guess you can say. But others don't want to list too much about themselves because they don't want people knowing too much about them or don't want other people that they know finding out somehow.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

I wish, I wish, I wish. There's nothing I would love more then post a huge pic of me fully dressed and how much I would love to give my location and meet up with others, but unfortunately or fortunately there are sites like this that us closet dressers need to cope with everyday life.

Banned Read only
    Tara,
    I accept that new members will post threads that repeat themselves every few months, sometimes I'll answer and sometimes pass it over, maybe it's a shame that the archives aren't used more.
    I don't use profiles to be nosy , I try and answer people with a relevant reply but it does often depend on their age and if a partner and possibly children are involved.
    A single person in "Pink Fog "with no ties is a different proposition to one with a wife and maybe children. People do ask for advice and help but you can't give it blindly !

Silver Member
    I can truly appreciate the need to be somewhat reluctant to share too many personal specifics. But, IMHO, it would be useful to know your state, and if in a larger metro/city area, your county or city. This information, in such a large area, should not be 'outing' you on any way. This is especially true, if at some point, you'd like to contact or be contacted by a forum member.

Obviously, you have a great sense of humor. I also like sports cars (speed and not the illegal drug). Great profile!
    Love, Sabrina

Profiles are okay but if anyone is really interested they can always send me a PM or E-Mail message. Then I would answer any questions.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning