Thread: All good things....

All good things....

The SO is out of town visiting relatives and there was a gentle mist coming down around Seattle, so I decided to dress up and take a little trip to the outdoor mall. I love evenings like this because I can use the umbrella to mask my face and not have it look weird.

I had stopped by a couple stores on the way home from work and picked up some clearance makeup (for $.99 each, a real bargain) and found the cutest pair of ankle boots at Fred Meyer for just $22. After shaving the legs and applying nail polish top and bottom I headed out. It has been a while since I went out dressed, and even though it was dark out I spent the first 15 minutes of driving anxious that someone was going to make me for a CD and stop traffic while pointing me out. I finally settled down just about the time I pulled into the parking lot of the Redmond Town Center.

After finding a more dimly lit parking space I made sure I had everything ready to go. Purse, keys, umbrella, all set. Opening the car door seemed like the hardest thing to do.

Making sure I exited like a lady, I popped open the bumbershoot and started walking towards Macy's. Concentrate on walking slowly, with a little sway and short steps. Feeling the light breeze on my nylon'ed legs. Is there anything more liberating? I expected sparse shoppers, but there were only a handful of people as I made the circuit around Macy's and then headed toward the mall center. Just ahead I see male legs at the edge of my view under the umbrella, and as I get closer I see that he is starting to walk towards me. Oh boy!

I keep my head down and angle away from him and eventually he goes into a store close by. My real concern is not the guys, it's the young girls that I know will spot something off in my gait instantly. They are too busy with their cell phones and I'm able to complete a 20 minute journey successfully.

Driving home wistfully, I look down and see my off-black sheer hose, my hot pink nails, and realize it's about to come to a end. The good news is that I have a few more days to do it again before the SO returns home. Now I just need the weather to cooperate and send some sprinkles my way.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like a great experience! Hope you get to do it again

Super stuff this is what brollies were made for, enjoy your next outing

Julie

Sounds like a great time Anna. I only go out with the SO is away too so don't get out very often. Those days and hours are pretty full of pink fog

Banned Read only
    Hi Anna, I think you are putting too much stock in how much others are watching you. Particularly your walk and in particular, in the rain! Everyone is trying to get from A to B as fast as they can, but even in dry weather walks are not killer "tells;" do some people watching. You'll see men and women walking like gorillas and also like ball room dancers. But no one is walking like a runway model. You're fine in this respect.

I have been to the Town Square Mall dressed several times. I was usually staying at the Marriott which helped. It's a great place to wonder about int he summer in a skirt, and sandals. I found people there to be no different than elsewhere: they don't care. Enjoy your time out!
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 02-05-2016 at 11:19 AM.

I really enjoyed reading about your experience Anna. I don't get out at all and the times I dress are few and far between so reading about an adventure like this is heartwarming. And your description was written so well that I felt like I was right next to you. Thank you.

*hardy claps and applause for the few days you have to yourself*

Hugs,
    Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Sounds like you had a great time...do it again

awesome for you, anna! so glad to hear you got out and shopped. i'm sure you looked great and so glad you get a few more trips out. enjoy it!

hugs from another seattle girl!

I have always enjoyed shopping in Seattle.
    Glad you have had a similar experience.
    Had a wonderful coming out at Pikes Market once when buying those big crab claws from the fish market stall
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you for sharing this post, AnnaBMarie. I enjoyed hearing of your experience, and am not too far off from trying this in the future. Good luck to you!
    Di

Wow it was like I was reading a thriller. Sounds like an exciting outing, looking forward to the next few threads, if the weather cooperates of coarse. Sounds like someone's going to have an interesting weekend.

Anna, it sounds like you had a successful and fun outing. I just started going out to malls and shopping about 3 months ago. I was like you. Pretty terrified to get out of the car and enter the mall. The first time, I walked into the corridors about 3 times and did a U-turn and walked out. Then when I finally committed to continue on into the center of the mall I found that nobody paid any attention and after I realized that fact it became quite enjoyable. Now I have been out several times and am building confidence each and every time. The one thing I learned quickly was that keeping my head down and trying to hide was the "worst" thing to do. Once I got the courage to walk around with my head up, shoulders back, and chest out, I blended much better and got much less notice. I know it is hard but it makes it better. And how about those keys?? Before you locked your car, how many times did you double, triple, and quadruple check that you had your keys in hand? I know I am so paranoid about locking myself out of the car while in Fem attire.

Anna good for you and worry about the young girls they're always looking at their phones these days and don't look up at anything.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Aspiring Member
    Great story Anna. People today especially the younger ones are to wrapped up in texting,Facebook and what have you to even care about us. You enjoyed yourself and thats all that matters. Hope your outings go well for you.

All good things, part II

So at the end of my last story about going out dressed, I was hoping for continued light showers to help with a bit of camouflage for my next outing, allowing me to use an umbrella like some kind of cloak of invisibility. Well, be careful what you wish for with regards to rain around Seattle. Too much of a good thing is still too much. Last night was windy and a lot wetter, so I took a quick appraisal on the back porch and decided to spend the evening catching up with House of Cards and applying some new nail polish.

It cleared off today and I knew there was no chance of rain in the forecast, but I only have a few more evenings to enjoy going out. As the sun started to set, I made up my mind to follow Jennifer's advice and just go for it. I had picked up a cute little Old Navy jumper earlier in the day, and paired it up with some black tights and a colorful turtleneck (so great to hide the waddle). The ankle boots I bought a few days ago really looked nice with the outfit.

Pulling out of the garage I noticed my heart wasn't trying to escape my chest this time. I guess practice does help. Even without the rain on the windows I just looked ahead and tried to focus on enjoying the experience. Since I had enough of the Town Center earlier, I thought I'd try a stroll along the waterfront in Kirkland. I've been by a small park there many times, and noticed it was open until 10:00 PM. I got out of the car, realizing that without the umbrella I'd have to carry off any encounters with grace and confidence.

There was a dimly lit path from the park entrance down to the water, and as I walked along hearing my boot heels resonate on the pathway I looked out across the water and saw the most beautiful skyline in the distance. I started focusing on what was around me and the anxiety just lifted away. I found a bench facing the water, and tugged the hemline of my dress up slightly as I sat down. It still fascinates me to look at my legs, almost like they belong to someone else. The stars illuminated the waterfront, and the sound of the waves hitting the breakwater was mesmerizing.

Despite a gentle breeze and a temperature around 45, I was incredibly comfortable and relaxed. People were walking along the sidewalk just a few yards away but I found the longer I sat there the more normal it felt. That's what I took away from this adventure. It felt normal to be wearing a dress and earrings and makeup. Somewhere during the drive home I stopped thinking about being a crossdresser and just enjoyed being crossdressed.

For those of you who long to experience this feeling but fear the unknown, try to find a safe environment and be your true self. I know this not going to work for everyone. For those of us that are drawn to feel the world around us while dressed, it is uniquely fulfilling.

Hugs to all,

Anna

Anna you certainly owned the night, well done and very well enjoyed

Julie

Anna, congratulations on your outing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".