Thread: Gay, Lesbian, Cross Dresser

Banned Read only

Gay, Lesbian, Cross Dresser

Which is more accepted by the general public today? Gays and lesbians involve another person and could come with sexual transmitted diseases, CDing does not need or involve another person so it's not a risk. I think the public and wives are more accepting of gay and lesbians than CD's because they have seen more of it, yet the reasons I previously mentioned should make CDing more accepted, but I think CDing comes in a lowly third. Also are women starting to accept and maybe embrace men dressing more feminine by wearing women's clothes where wives freak out and can't adjust to his new preferred choice of clothing. He is required from day 1 to wear what a designer says he should wear and that is what a designer puts in the mens's department; however as a woman it's our right to change styles in women's clothes and that also includes wearing men's clothes if we want to because they are more comfy and I like the look. You are just a man and shouldn't have those feeling to wear women's clothes, so deal with it, absolutely NO bras and panties for you, they are ours. What say you?

Deebra, it's difficult to make comparisons between sexual preferences and gender identity/expression.
    Many women are repulsed at the thought of a crossdressing partner just because they want an all-man man, not one with any sort of femininity.
    Finally, hetero sex involves other people, too, and may come with STD's. Monogamous relationships, whether hetero or homo, greatly decrease the odds of contracting one

Deebra,

I too think that's a difficult question to answer. For me, just having that one special someone (my wife) who is with me always and accepts me for who I am is truly enough. Beyond that mutually faithful relationship, I deeply treasure the on-line friendships I have as well. Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Putting things in order is almost as bad as labelling them.
    As a TS woman who has been a crossdresser, and labelled gay, lesbian, and straight (do the math) from my vantage point, the CD's are still them most misunderstood. Most people can wrap their heads around 'changing sex'...ONCE. They don't get swapping back and forth. To the majority, cross dressing is still sexually motivated.
    Deebra- You will never, ever win the Why can women?/Why can't men? argument.
    Do what you want, and ignore everyone who disagrees.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    It depends who you are referencing and to whom. You mentioned wives several times. I think a wife would have a higher chance of accepting her husband as a CD than as gay.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Which is more accepted by the general public today? Gays and lesbians involve another person and could come with sexual transmitted diseases, CDing does not need or involve another person so it's not a risk. ...
    Well, simple statistics would tell you that STDs do not affect gay or straight people in any differently. Perhaps you meant AIDS specifically?

...Also are women starting to accept and maybe embrace men dressing more feminine by wearing women's clothes where wives freak out and can't adjust to his new preferred choice of clothing. ...
    "women" are not more accepting than wives, the simple fact is that strangers have no vested interest in you so what you do doe not affect them in the slightest. A wife is a VERY different situation.

... however as a woman it's our right to change styles in women's clothes and that also includes wearing men's clothes if we want to because they are more comfy and I like the look. You are just a man and shouldn't have those feeling to wear women's clothes, so deal with it, absolutely NO bras and panties for you, they are ours. What say you?
    as always, women do not wear "men's" clothes. They wear women's clothes, cut for women. Jeans are not "men's" clothes.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 02-06-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Deebra, it sounds like u r equating gays and CD's with sex in the publics minds? And, I think that's reasonable. One of the objections to gay men in particular, was the instances of casual, careless sex in media back in the day, that led to the old AIDS epidemic. But now? The media and public seems to more focused on gays/lesbians as couples. Because the media portrays their marriages as news.

Back in the day, little was known or written about us. But, MtoF CD's were thot to be pervs, child molesters, and gay. And, we were portrayed in movies and written fiction as just that. While most of the media discussion these days is about bathrooms, many may still believe we r gay pervs!

However, since most of us r not, I believe the media and a sympathetic public r starting to understand!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gays and lesbians involve another person and could come with sexual transmitted diseases,
    Wait, WHAT?

Gays and Lesbians have no monopoly on bodily fluid transfer.

ANY relationship worth a damn automatically 'involve another person'.

Aside from any CD related questions, you really need to take a step back and reassess your base position.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    Your question appears to be a little muddled, I'm not sure what the actual question is.

AS far as acceptance is concerned gays and lesbians may be more accepted because it's their sexual preferences, they don't have a choice. To many a man wearing female clothes does have a choice simply because people don't understand why we do it. I'm not convinced that STDs come into the thought train , it's possibly just accepted that's a risk they may choose to take.
    The logic behind the " hands off our panties and bras !" is because we don't naturally have boobs and male pants are designed for us to be able take a pee easily !

I suppose Cders are the least accepted because we have no logical reason to portray as female ! We may understand and see the validity but many don't including our partners, they just want the security of the man they thought they married !

What's more accepted? Depends upon who you ask, and where. Some place will surely get you tarred and feathered. Others will welcome you as someone who brings new interesting diversity to their culture.
    STD's? The heterosexual community has the greatest number of infected people by far.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    Lesbians are more accepted by the general public. Most folks would rather see a lesbian couple walking down the street holding hands than a gay (male) couple. Most would confuse a crossdresser with a gay man but they don't really accept crossdressers, depending on how they look or how they act.

Of course, if you're really good at crossdressing, they might just see a woman and not even notice..

Banned Read only
    Thanks to the 2 or 3 posters that answered the question. Gays, lesbians and heterosexuals all have sexual relationships with a mate therefore it's possible to pick up a STD from having sex with a mate. A CD can be asexual and a loner without any other person in his life, he just likes to cross dress, my point here being he should be accepted more by the public than the other 3.

Jennifer as we have read on here many times women we encounter in public such as SA's, in coffee shops, grocery stores often engage in conversation with CD's and the conversation is pleasant and the CD is accepted. We have also read on here how many wives are not accepting.

Yes women do wear men's clothes and everybody accepts it. There are a lot of women today wearing men's football jerseys (Bronco or Panther), they wear guy jeans for the four deep pockets, men's Timberland work boots, flannel work shirts. I was in Walmart a while ago looking at colorful men's boxer shorts, the SA said more women than men bought them and wore them as outer shorts.

Like you said in one of you previous posts, just dress, have confidence and get out and do it.