Thread: Today was a good day.

Today was a good day.

I think I often tend to portray the bad days on here so I'm going to mention a positive.

I've had a lot of issues with my hormones and what with really stressful work (busy nothing Trans related)
    I have been pretty tired and struggling with apathy.

My facial hair removal was a bit of a distance to get to but worth it until we had a bit of a disagreement and well I haven't been back there and not found anywhere else. That was 5-6 months ago and my lack of progress has been bringing me down.

Today we notice a new beauty shop in our local high street and the woman waves us in, it was coincidence I went past it but they have only been open two weeks. Qualified laser and Electrolysis.

Just like that I'm back in the game and it's right on my doorstep, I had a really good feeling about it too.
    Feels like a big weight of my shoulders and I arranged to come back later for a patch test.

I'm feeling really chuffed with myself then to cap it off , she is asking me all these questions about what hair do I want removed, how much and why. I said it was to finish off the last of the dark beard hairs because I'm Transexual and she was genuinely shocked.

Considering she is staring at my face and looking for the hairs and we have been talking for twenty mins I'm simply over the moon I wasn't clocked at such close scrutiny.
    Maybe she needs glasses lol.

For the first time in ages I feel good about myself.

Yes, a good day indeed. It's so nice not to be detected at close quarters. Makes it all worth while.

congratulations, so pleased for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Becky- everyone has facial hairs. Men, GGs, all of us. once you remove the majority of them, guess what? You are just like every other female: desperate to remove those last hairs... In other words- you are acting just like every other female!!

but from your avatar, you have NOTHING to worry about.

Keep up whatever you are doing, you look cute as a button.

Woman first, Trans second
    Yay! So happy for you!
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Becky if your avatar is a recent picture I'm not at all surprised she didn't know.

But I'm curious ... what sort of disagreement can ensue with hair removal people. Aren't they paid to do what you want?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But I'm curious ... what sort of disagreement can ensue with hair removal people. Aren't they paid to do what you want?
    It's a 2-3hr round trip to get there and last time I was in they (including owner) asked that I bring my puppy on the next visit.
    When I did the receptionist wouldn't let me in. I waited for the owner who didn't come out to see me because she had over booked my session, after waiting 40 mins after my booking time outside with no appearance I left and wouldn't go back after being treated like that.

Makes sense. I initially thought you were referring to a disagreement over which facial areas to take care of. I don't blame you for wanting to switch. So glad you found someone nearby.
    Reine

Congratulations Becky! You are cute as a button!
    Suzanne

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I'm with Suzanne ... Cute as a button indeed. Standup tall and strong. Believe in yourself!

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I agree, cute as a button. Have always liked your look.

Stephania

Gold Member
    Becky, I love when you get those interactions where it becomes very evident it isn't someone just being polite and is a true reaction. Electrolysis around the corner? Worth its weight in gold. Mine was about 1/2 mile away for the longest and she just moved on me. Convenient.

Aspiring Member
    Lovely to read, Becky!!

Definitely a good day! I wish someone would do electrolysis in my town. The nearest is 45 miles away and won't work on Saturdays. My work schedule changes so much, I can't make appointments during the week.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Congrats! As for the avatar, I would have never guessed.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

That's awesome Becky! As Paula said to not be detected at close range must have been great to hear!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Becky,

From your avatar I have no doubt you passed close inspection . . . definitely a good day for you. Sorry to hear about how you were treated by the first place . . . they don't deserve your money or a chance to see your puppy .

Cheers

Marcelle

Feel so relieved to be back on track, I was losing confidence phoning up looking for a provider.
    There is one but she is twice the price for some reason.

Because of growing the hair out for electrolysis I was apprehensive of going local, but convenience wins out.

You spend a lot of time with these people!