Thread: Cross-dressing away from home (trucking)

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar

Cross-dressing away from home (trucking)

So I am getting behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler for the first time in two years.
    It is with a different, and better, company than I worked for last time.

So when I drove for a year with the previous company it was regional, I was home just about every night, a few times I had to stay a few nights in the sleeper of the truck. I did just a little OTR (Over The Road) when I first started in 2013.

With the new company I will be driving in the eleven western states (United States).
    I will be out on the road anywhere between two to six weeks at a time; I have to be home to go to my Reserve military obligation weekends once a month, sometimes they are two weeks apart, sometimes six weeks apart.
    Dressing up at home, after we move, will not be happening, especially with my new roomy.
    So I am thinking of bringing the very basics in the truck with me in order to dress up whilst I’m out on the road.

The only time I would do it is when I stay at a hotel to do a 36 hour-reset. Many of you may know about driving restrictions and resets when it comes to certain commercial vehicles. Granted, I have done a 36-hour reset at a truck stop when I first started driving for the previous company. Truck stops have nice showers (most) and laundry machines.
    But sometimes it will be nice to just get a room for a night: bathtub, cable television, and dress up.

Venturing out of my room would of course depend on the hotel and location. I am not sure about venturing away from a hotel at all.
    I know many of you dress up at every chance when on business trips and I have always just been home and in my local community when dressed up, whether it be at a friend’s house or actually going to a few stores.

In summation:
    Any tips when it comes to dressing up when away from home?
    Who all here drives a commercial truck for work? (especially being away from home for weeks at a time)

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I am a commercial truck driver, but handle a local, dedicated route, home every afternoon.

The only challenge I see for you is getting around to do things since you'll only have your truck. I know I'd have trouble getting into my cab in heels!

My experience is dressing while out of town is that it is easier than at home, since know one knows you.

Good luck!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    I know I'd have trouble getting into my cab in heels!

My experience is dressing while out of town is that it is easier than at home, since know one knows you.

Good luck!
    Oh I would not be climbing in and out of the cab in heels; it would only be during hotel stays.
    And that is true about being away from home, thank you. That is a boost of confidence.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

I have a friend on another site who has some great pics taken in her sleeper. The LED lights are surprisingly good.

I was OTR .

My wardrobe was (and still is) androgynous -- Chic jeans and women's shells and shirts. Columbia women's clothes are nice also. Panties but no bras.

I just finished 30-year period of travel with opportunities to explore dressing in public. It is hard to clamor into a field vehicle wearing heels. A few times I lost my nerve and fasted; but countless times I went out to eat without incident. Well...I was just thinking the other day of the total of 3 times my hotel room magnetic key did not work while en femme, and I had to go up to the desk and ask for a new key. Twice the desk attendant felt compelled to accompany me back to the room. You just gotta act normal and smile. Once, I had field companions in adjacent rooms and I had all this commotion with the key and re-entry. Fortunately, nobody came out into the hallway. THAT would have been awkward. Joni

Aspiring Member
    I have been driving for 35 years and always found sometime to dress. Even if not long I still under dressed. One good thing now is the internet which we didn't have back then so you can make friends and meet some of them on your down time. I would always carry 3 to 4 good outfits and sensible heels, take a motel room once in awhile and get dressed, get a cab if I could and go out for awhile. Lord knows you don't want to go across a set of scales and get a dot inspection in a dress and heels. I dress 24/7 but wear women's jeans and t shirts or tank tops plus under dressing as well. I've been in all 49 state and Canada. Now all I do is intermodal. 25 of those years I've spent as an owner operator. Its a great life I would do it all over again. Good luck on your new job and be safe. Oh by the way I'm leased on with an outfit out of wenatchee WA.

When i got serious about CDing about 15 years ago, I had been OTR owner operator then for 25 years. I did the full monte a couple of times, brought the wig, makeup, several outfits etc and dressed during a layover in a motel. I even did it once while staying in the cab delivering a load in NYC. That was fun
    It all depends upon how much effort you want to put into it, and how much you get out of it. Security is an issue, pulling a stunt in an unknown area can be a problem. On the west coast, CD friendly areas abound, Las Vegas comes to mind, walking the strip would be a real hoot, with absolutely no one caring.
    Sometimes it is enough just to dress in the room knowing that you can really relax, and maybe a stroll in that neighborhood, if appropriate. Now, I skip the makeup and other prep, dress feminine casual in the room or sleeper with the curtains closed. Don't really feel the need to display my talents more than that. Good Luck
    Karen Francis

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Beauman View Post
    ... Well...I was just thinking the other day of the total of 3 times my hotel room magnetic key did not work while en femme, and I had to go up to the desk and ask for a new key... Joni
    When venturing outside your hotel room, be sure to keep the magnetic key card away from your cell phone or it will erase it. I have done it countless times. I now request 3 keys and keep on in my vehicle and the others in the protective sleeve that you get at check-in. Keep them separated from the phone in the purse. Whenever possible, I put the phone in airplane mode while inmy purse to further reduce the risk of erasing the room key.

There are some great places to visit while dressed in thewestern states. I would not be able tostay in my room or sleeper berth myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Beauman View Post
    Well...I was just thinking the other day of the total of 3 times my hotel room magnetic key did not work while en femme, and I had to go up to the desk and ask for a new key. Joni
    That is what I would be super afraid of.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)